ADVERTISEMENT

West Columbus vs Winston Salem Prep

Prep's team this year is by far their best.. still not close to making a deep run yet though but they have made a lot of progress under this new coach they have. It started slow but they have figured it out.

They have a really good defensive end who has a lot of hype as well as a 10th grader at QB who's done really well. They got one of North Forsyth's best athletes to transfer back at WR and he's made their passing game click. Their weakness is lineplay especially vs physicality. They also have been outcoached a bit, especially vs South Stokes. They lost that game a lot in part due to bad playcalling.. went for a fake punt on their own 20 which turned into a pick six, BAD move.

I think they will be a lot for WC to handle.. their 2nd round opponent will be a better matchup.

Well WC runs a so called spread. Pretty good running back that's all. After u play them tell me what u think about play calling!!??

My observations on Prep(after talking with a couple of fans): #8 the real deal as a running back or receiver, great potential for QB can pass or run, #5 very quick but needs to concentrate on playing and not showboating, if # 11 and # 3 would put their hand on the ground as true defensive ends they would be very special but standing up they become tourists, #2 is their workhorse at LBer and blocker, line depth on offense and defense line. is MAJOR problem!!

Well WC won 1 game. They beat East Columbus Friday night. Split conf. can cause problems,but a 1 win team going to playoffs? Not just WC any team going with that record. It's about money with the State now. Winner gets Murphy the next week.

Prep stomps WC then gets a taste of cold Mountain football - and it won't be pretty.

Reactions: 13bc9fc
I think Number #9 Nasir Graham is a key Factor of this team specially not playing as a freshmen and coming in as a sophomore and starting on both sides of the ball but he is a major key on the defensive side of the ball at free safety but i think he needs to be closer to the ball that’s a major key the coaches need to fix

Last edited:
Prep is very athletic, and much better coached than they have been in years past. They're a very young team, only two seniors on the roster and neither of them play. They actually moved the ball on the Bears, but couldn't stop Johnathon Smith and he hung seven TDs on them.

I can't see West Columbus giving Prep any problems. Murphy, on the other hand...

Reactions: tarheelg
QB is elusive and poised in the pocket to allow his receivers to get open. They can score a ton of points...but their defense is atrocious to say the least. They can and need to score 40+ to win most games.

I don’t know if football is still considered an experiment at WSPrep still... but they seriously need to work on finding a home field. They have the room behind the school, where they played football back in the 1960s when the current WSPrep building was the original Atkins High. It doesn’t need to be fancy. Just put up some bleachers.

But... after saying that... I bet they don’t have lights that are up to standard (if there are lights at all)

Some day in the very distant future, Atkins might have a football team worth a darn and want to host a football playoff game themselves.

I don’t know if football is still considered an experiment at WSPrep still... but they seriously need to work on finding a home field. They have the room behind the school, where they played football back in the 1960s when the current WSPrep building was the original Atkins High. It doesn’t need to be fancy. Just put up some bleachers.

But... after saying that... I bet they don’t have lights that are up to standard (if there are lights at all)

Some day in the very distant future, Atkins might have a football team worth a darn and want to host a football playoff game themselves.
There are no lights at WSP. And if Atkins ever host a playoff game they will be home on Friday and WSP will play on Thursday or play at Carver.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelg
For those fans coming to game, Remember this game is at Atkins HS, not WS Prep. Visitors you have quite a long walk from parking lot to field. Up and down hill. I would guess you better eat before the game somewhere. I would not be surprised if there was no concession and if it is it will be snacks only.

There is handicap parking at the field.

I bet you will be playing in rain tomm. Weather here says rain over half the state tomm. WC might bring 10 people. Players parents.

What kind of school is this for playoffs,no drinks or food,? Is this private or charter school?
Public school, WSFCS. They do not have a football field. Atkins has probably cleared out their concession stand. That’s why I said snacks only.

they won’t build a stadium behind that school. If WSPA doesn’t start performing much better academically then that school is going to bye bye anyways.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jo...42de5639-3c77-5f14-855b-9fe8f4de2b05.amp.html

they won’t build a stadium behind that school. If WSPA doesn’t start performing much better academically then that school is going to bye bye anyways.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jo...42de5639-3c77-5f14-855b-9fe8f4de2b05.amp.html

"Eight schools in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school system have been put on notice that they need to improve their academic performance over the next few years or they could be turned over to an outside group such as a charter school operator."

Prep's basketball team already "flourishes" due to the open enrollment of WSFCS...wonder what kind of further "advantages" they could gain playing under the looser restrictions of a charter school?

"Eight schools in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school system have been put on notice that they need to improve their academic performance over the next few years or they could be turned over to an outside group such as a charter school operator."

Prep's basketball team already "flourishes" due to the open enrollment of WSFCS...wonder what kind of further "advantages" they could gain playing under the looser restrictions of a charter school?

Geez one year they had a couple players from Texas and a couple from Statesville on their basketball team. We know how it works.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT