ADVERTISEMENT

WEST COLUMBUS GETS FIRST ROUND BYE

So…
Back to the olden days where the Eastern Randolphs and Reidsvilles wait to see which way they are going as well as what seed…
I know that doesn’t effect 90% of the teams people on here support but I wonder if you took a poll of those in the middle of state would most support predetermined line?
I’m thinking they do but I have been wrong before. Wife tells me so practically every day…

If my math is correct there are 4 teams in east that dropped out and two in the west. So you would still have some byes in first round. I personally like the predetermined line so schools know which way they are going. No telling what they come up with during realignment.

So…
Back to the olden days where the Eastern Randolphs and Reidsvilles wait to see which way they are going as well as what seed…
I know that doesn’t effect 90% of the teams people on here support but I wonder if you took a poll of those in the middle of state would most support predetermined line?
I’m thinking they do but I have been wrong before. Wife tells me so practically every day…
No... Still be predetermined line but take the 3
Farthest east team that are now in the west and it would fix the problems.
If my math is correct there are 4 teams in east that dropped out and two in the west. So you would still have some byes in first round. I personally like the predetermined line so schools know which way they are going. No telling what they come up with during realignment.

No teams in the west dropped out.

Last edited:
I honestly don't like sitting for the week and having a bye with kids this age. Sitting around hearing about how good you are and not getting any game action while others are can hurt. I just hope our kids are staying focused and taking it one game at time. With our history, there is no reason to be looking ahead a month from now.

Reactions: Strick68
I like the predetermined east-west divide. Before they predetermined the division line, Hayesville got to travel to Hobbton and Princeton in back to back years. Both were 1st round matchups. No thanks, I would rather reduce the number of teams or have byes.

Reactions: thekidd12
BK, I don't know if this is accurate or not but, I was told that the east has fewer football playing schools. This is due to 8 man football and also that the east has more non football playing schools. They supposedly divided east - west based on total schools not just football schools. My source is a little shaky, but it sounds correct.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I would rather be playing this week. Too much time . It does give coach more time to put some new sets and plays in but keep doing what got you here.

Reactions: Strick68
Some long rides for WC. Alot of those years went to mountains. 5--6 hour drives.
Several of those years was as a bottom seed too with 1 to few wins, so some long trips to get taken out back behind the woodshed.

North Duplin went to Cherokee and Elkin in back to back weeks in 06 if I recall correctly.

West to MA 3:18
Rville to MA 4:10

Murphy to MA 4:45
BK SMC to everywhere is a ride ain’t it? Not sure how that can be fixed, really. If you get MA and ER to east then we are riding to coast or they are riding here. I just got back from Nags Head and it was over four hours in a truck!

I don't care who goes east but it should be equal or close.

Although it makes it even harder to figure out the bracket ahead of time.

I don't care who goes east but it should be equal or close.

Although it makes it even harder to figure out the bracket ahead of time.
I know you didn’t say who you meant but you referenced the farthest east 1As in west I believe. I was just trying to point out that either way the teams in the middle, which includes those two HS, would either have to go aways or others would have to do so to come to them. The only way I can see fixing it would be a regional playoff system that I don’t think many people would be in favor of.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT