ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte 2023 Football Schedule

It seems like you do not know what the term trap game means. Maybe you should read the comments in the thread first. I expect this to be a very competitive game and Monroe is more than capable of winning this game.
“Trap game” means that a team that you should beat before a huge game the following week, you don’t. What I’m saying is that Monroe doesn’t fit the profile of a team that “should be” beat.

I believe that WC will beat Monroe, but it’s not a trap game to me.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
“Trap game” means that a team that you should beat before a huge game the following week, you don’t. What I’m saying is that Monroe doesn’t fit the profile of a team that “should be” beat.

I believe that WC will beat Monroe, but it’s not a trap game to me.
Now go back and read bigdad’s statement about WC and Monroe and you will understand why I used the term trap game into what he stated. Bigdadd is a WC fan by the way.

• Love
Reactions: New3ra
Now go back and read bigdad’s statement about WC and Monroe and you will understand why I used the term trap game into what he stated. Bigdadd is a WC fan by the way.
I feel like I’m the only one that understood what you meant by it and why you said it.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I feel like I’m the only one that understood what you meant by it and why you said it.
Yep. I definitely think WC takes a step up this year in talent on their roster but Monroe will be able to match them pretty equally on skill talent. That game will come down to the big guys in the trenches. Monroe will be young in that area but all those Monroe young OL guys were up at UNC together recently getting ready for upcoming season.

Reactions: New3ra
Yep. I definitely think WC takes a step up this year in talent on their roster but Monroe will be able to match them pretty equally on skill talent. That game will come down to the big guys in the trenches. Monroe will be young in that area but all those Monroe young OL guys were up at UNC together recently getting ready for upcoming season.
I wouldn’t be surprised if either team won.

Monroe is very well coached. Monroe is a very good 2A team. Its the MC-Shelby argument. Shelby may have a better season but in no way is Shelby a better team on the field. Monroe may have ab etter season but no way are they on WC level especially this year. WC is a good 4A team playing 3A.
Bigdadd,
I like messing with you some on here but I definitely respect your input and knowledge around Charlotte football. While WC and many of the other Charlotte schools are uber talented there are some lower classification teams that can absolutely compete against the big Charlotte schools in a one game setting. The gap is nowhere as large as you or some other Charlotte fans think especially at the skill positions. It’s the elite state championship caliber 2-3 Charlotte teams per year that the talented lower classification teams will struggle with consistently usually because of depth. 80% of the Charlotte teams are food for the 2A and 3A powerhouses. I can remember Butler loaded with D1 talent, #1 in the state, and defending state champs, going into 2A Hibriten and barely escaping with a win. The mindset of some of these lower classification powerhouse teams that win alot is different. These kind of teams expect to win no matter the opponent. The RedHawks could care less that you guys play in a tough conference. Monroe was coming to win. Respect these smaller classification teams.

Last edited:
Just to throw in because it’s relevant to the topic I just posted. Byrnes SC beat Hough last week. This Friday night Byrnes lost to Chapman SC who are 3A in South Carolina. That Byrnes win over Hough didn’t meN anything to Chapman.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Just to throw in because it’s relevant to the topic I just posted. Byrnes SC beat Hough last week. This Friday night Byrnes lost to Chapman SC who are 3A in South Carolina. That Byrnes win over Hough didn’t meN anything to Chapman.
Very valid points about small town football. With the inlaws from Richmond County definitely understand. The tradition and constant talent feed make those small teams great year in and year out. Agree they could beat a great deal of charlotte teams. Think it works same way also that alot of charlotte teams would absolutely dominate lesser comp in most cases. For every RC there is Anson, for every Monroe there is Piedmont. We dont talk about those gaps. Just the top.

Also told yall last week Hough was overated and Brynes was a bad team. Noted Brynes beating Hough was no biggy cause both are avg. This year. Chapman winning is no surprise.

Langston wertz over ranks Hough yearly, especially this year. They are not good at all. They cant move the ball on offense and the CMS transfer pipeline has hurt them. Those uber talented 9th graders are at IB schools or their home school. They not risking getting 365

Very valid points about small town football. With the inlaws from Richmond County definitely understand. The tradition and constant talent feed make those small teams great year in and year out. Agree they could beat a great deal of charlotte teams. Think it works same way also that alot of charlotte teams would absolutely dominate lesser comp in most cases. For every RC there is Anson, for every Monroe there is Piedmont. We dont talk about those gaps. Just the top.

Also told yall last week Hough was overated and Brynes was a bad team. Noted Brynes beating Hough was no biggy cause both are avg. This year. Chapman winning is no surprise.

Langston wertz over ranks Hough yearly, especially this year. They are not good at all. They cant move the ball on offense and the CMS transfer pipeline has hurt them. Those uber talented 9th graders are at IB schools or their home school. They not risking getting 365
The Charlotte teams that I am watching closely in football over the next couple of years are WC, Indy, Butler, and Palisades. I think all have the potential to take huge steps forward. Palisades success will depend on their feeder system or whether they have a consistent strong feeder system. Yep you were one of the first that mentioned Hough taking a step back and being overrated.
I definitely can talk all day about the reasons for consistent success or consistent failures of the small town football programs. There are a lot of circumstances involved that impact what direction a program goes. Local politics, jobs, financial support, depopulation, infrastructure, and feeder systems all play a part in how successful the smaller classification teams will be. The advantages that schools like Richmond County had in the 80’s and 90’s have turned into disadvantages with the growth of football in the metro areas of NC in particular Charlotte. Kids in Charlotte and the suburbs of Charlotte have access to so many more resources to help them become better athletes that Richmond might as well be on another planet.

The Charlotte teams that I am watching closely in football over the next couple of years are WC, Indy, Butler, and Palisades. I think all have the potential to take huge steps forward. Palisades success will depend on their feeder system or whether they have a consistent strong feeder system. Yep you were one of the first that mentioned Hough taking a step back and being overrated.
I definitely can talk all day about the reasons for consistent success or consistent failures of the small town football programs. There are a lot of circumstances involved that impact what direction a program goes. Local politics, jobs, financial support, depopulation, infrastructure, and feeder systems all play a part in how successful the smaller classification teams will be. The advantages that schools like Richmond County had in the 80’s and 90’s have turned into disadvantages with the growth of football in the metro areas of NC in particular Charlotte. Kids in Charlotte and the suburbs of Charlotte have access to so many more resources to help them become better athletes that Richmond might as well be on another planet.
Agree. Think North Meck is gonna be sneaky good this year also. WC is gonna turn into the go to westside school. WM, Berry, and Harding will struggle but WC will build. Their freshman/sophmore classes are incredible. Add in their future classes and its getting ugly on the Ford. With talent and great coaching WC will be a beast. Indy/Butler are super talented and are in a great area to get players. Chambers/MC will be good too. Especially MC. MC has great coaching and gets outright dogs into the program. Those 5 will be the new Charlotte kings with no one dominate team.

Houghs area doesnt get that type of talent in mass that those schools area due. Hough has gotten artificial talent in. As they lose more games and families decide not to risk 365 Hough will fall back to mid pack. Its crazy the amount of talented transfers they got in.....

Agree. Think North Meck is gonna be sneaky good this year also. WC is gonna turn into the go to westside school. WM, Berry, and Harding will struggle but WC will build. Their freshman/sophmore classes are incredible. Add in their future classes and its getting ugly on the Ford. With talent and great coaching WC will be a beast. Indy/Butler are super talented and are in a great area to get players. Chambers/MC will be good too. Especially MC. MC has great coaching and gets outright dogs into the program. Those 5 will be the new Charlotte kings with no one dominate team.

Houghs area doesnt get that type of talent in mass that those schools area due. Hough has gotten artificial talent in. As they lose more games and families decide not to risk 365 Hough will fall back to mid pack. Its crazy the amount of talented transfers they got in.....
North Meck’s schedule may prevent people from realizing how good they are because theyll have 4-5 losses, but they’re much improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT