ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Basketball

warrior56592

Oct 27, 2016
I posted a thread asking what happen to a player that was on last years team. I want mention his name this time but the thread disappeared.

I saw a player who was a junior last year and averaged over 20 points a game was not on the roster. Just wondering what happen to him.

How is West going to look this year? And If I had guess either 2 thing may of happened- He transferred or he didn’t play maybe due grades or whatever the case

I saw a player who was a junior last year and averaged over 20 points a game was not on the roster. Just wondering what happen to him.
The kid your talking about transfers across town to Hibriten. As far as how does west look they look really good in my opinion they are better this year they beat hickory last night 61-55 and they lead most of the game by double figures

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I did not see Hickory on there schedule and as far as him transferring to Hibriten thats where he needs to be not a true Warrior.

And I dont understand why he would leave West's basketball program to go to Hibriten. But that is his choice. They don't enforce the rules anyway just let them play where ever they want no matter where they live. Caldwell County School system does not enforce the rules that they set.

I’ve heard some things said but I’m not going to repeat since they didn’t come from anyone involved but 3 players from West are now on Hibriten’s roster.

I’ve heard some things said but I’m not going to repeat since they didn’t come from anyone involved but 3 players from West are now on Hibriten’s roster.
And what people don’t understand is it helped west out they are a better team with those guys gone they play harder and share the ball more

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Do not understand why 3 players would leave West's basketball program for Hibriten. I know the one player averaged over 20 points a game last year not sure who the other two are but this has to hurt.

Do not understand why 3 players would leave West's basketball program for Hibriten. I know the one player averaged over 20 points a game last year not sure who the other two are but this has to hurt.
Honestly might be a total of about 25-30 pts between the 3 from what I’ve quickly found tonight on MaxPreps from last season….

And what people don’t understand is it helped west out they are a better team with those guys gone they play harder and share the ball more
And I’m not 100% sure that it is going to make Hibriten that much better from last year…. Time will tell though

icardcav3 I sure don't see how they will be better losing a starter and one of there top scorers.

Well the one was a starter and he scored 20 a game
Yea he scored 20 pts a game but so what with departure of him it has allowed the emergence of sophomore Jordan Patterson who will average 15 plus a game, this team plays way harder then last year and the ball moves around a lot better. Last years team wouldn’t have come close to beating hickory I can tell you that.

So glad you were right. Maybe they will have a great year. what did the transfers do far as points in the game.
Hood played very well he 28 points and a monster dunk. But without him Hibriten would be lucky to be a 500 team to where west will have a great year and make a deep run .

Its still sad not knowing how good West would have been if he would have stayed but I dont know the reason he left

Its still sad not knowing how good West would have been if he would have stayed but I dont know the reason he left
I think west is actually better with him gone, sometimes certain players don’t fit in a certain system but they thrive in a different system.

I just want to say losing a player like Hood has to hurt. He scored over 20 points a game last year and he is a division 1 prospect. He could be the difference in making a run toward a state title or just a average team. I dont know the reason he left West but I think its going to hurt. Can't understand why he would leave West and go to Hibriten.

I just want to say losing a player like Hood has to hurt. He scored over 20 points a game last year and he is a division 1 prospect. He could be the difference in making a run toward a state title or just an average team. I dont know the reason he left West but I think its going to hurt. Can't understand why he would leave West and go to Hibriten.
You can keep saying this all you want but you will see that yea west lost a 20 point scorer but he’s been replaced with a 20 point scorer who scores 20 on less shots, this west team is a better TEAM. I remember in 2007 a west team lost its 2 top scorers to transfer and that team went 3 rounds deeper that year then they did the year b4 no one player defines the warrior program

Could be misleading but they just beat a 1-8 team by 2 points
That 1-8 team has played the toughest high school schedule of any. They have played Combine, Concord Academy, 1-of-1, Cannon, Providence Day, etc....they are a solid team and will win their conference once they start playing. So, stop doubting West, they are a solid 2A team as well.

Not really doubting West and hoping they have a great year. Just hated to see the player transfer to Hibriten. But maybe they will be more balanced and a better team without him.

Not really doubting West and hoping they have a great year. Just hated to see the player transfer to Hibriten. But maybe they will be more balanced and a better team without him.
I saw them play this summer. Two kids shot each time down the court and they did not look good at all. I don't look down on kids, as they play how they are allowed, but West did not look good when I saw them this summer. To beat a good Lincoln Charter squad says a lot. I think they will be fine. Not sure they can make a deep run in 2A, but I'm sure they willl get even better. Good luck and enjoy this year.

I saw them play this summer. Two kids shot each time down the court and they did not look good at all. I don't look down on kids, as they play how they are allowed, but West did not look good when I saw them this summer. To beat a good Lincoln Charter squad says a lot. I think they will be fine. Not sure they can make a deep run in 2A, but I'm sure they willl get even better. Good luck and enjoy this year.
West should and I think will make a very deep run in 2a, west won by 2 but lead the whole second half by double figures west just happened to miss some free throws late and Lincoln charter made some 3s including one at the end with west up 5 so it really wasn’t a close game. West fell behind by as much as 14 in the first quarter and was down 10 after 1 then west took a 4 point lead into the half, then they stretched it to around 12 in the 3rd quarter and like I said lead the whole 4th quarter. People who over look this west team will be heartbroken cause this team is really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT