ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Scores

East Wilkes had some issues but make no bones about it, they are FAST and QUICK. Yes, they are young but with the fast and quickness, with time, weight room and coaching they will be a force.
I thought the same thing. A bunch of good looking kids. They're gonna be something else in a year or two.

Reactions: RexReally
No defense at all in that game?
It started that way definitely Mitchell couldn't stop the pass or their RB and Draughn couldn't stop the run it looked like it was going to be who ever had the ball last when was 21-21 but then Mitchell passed which they shouldn't have because they do have a good secondary but couldn't stop the run but that int Mitchell had was the turning point which was the first stop. Then for some reason Mitchell went for it on 4 & 5 on their own 25. So in the last part of the 2nd quarter just tail spinned and was 43-21 at the half.
But Draughn did not take off the gas you'd thought it was a tied ballgame at halftime but Mitchell changed the D from a zone to sending people and put some pressure on the QB and their run D played better the second half Mitchell scored 21 and Druaghn 14. I don't know if they wanted 60 points are what but they were passing at the end when all they needed to do was take a knee even called time out but then they finally did take the knee.

Thomasville 47 West Davidson 0 final
Dogs cruised to an easy win and the backups did pretty good. I saw some of the Defensive guys getting offensive reps 50, 54, 10 and 12 and that was good to see. Dogs were sharper tonight with fewer mistakes, penalties and bad snaps/fumbles. Still put the ball on the ground a few times but had some nice short passing game built in tonight. West has some big kids but seem to be in the same old offense they have tried for years with no results. Dogs Defense shut them down and special teams made some big plays. I hope opposing teams keep kicking the ball to #2, evidently they are not watching film.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It started that way definitely Mitchell couldn't stop the pass or their RB and Draughn couldn't stop the run it looked like it was going to be who ever had the ball last when was 21-21 but then Mitchell passed which they shouldn't have because they do have a good secondary but couldn't stop the run but that int Mitchell had was the turning point which was the first stop. Then for some reason Mitchell went for it on 4 & 5 on their own 25. So in the last part of the 2nd quarter just tail spinned and was 43-21 at the half.
But Draughn did not take off the gas you'd thought it was a tied ballgame at halftime but Mitchell changed the D from a zone to sending people and put some pressure on the QB and their run D played better the second half Mitchell scored 21 and Druaghn 14. I don't know if they wanted 60 points are what but they were passing at the end when all they needed to do was take a knee even called time out but then they finally did take the knee.
All I remember from the Andrews game last year in the playoffs were the rude fans and players. I enjoyed seeing them get curb stomped at MA. Dula is a great player though. I'll give him his respect. That's about it.

Neither Draughn or Mitchell contends for the West no D at all!!!!
I have to agree, didn’t think Mitchell was a contender before last night and don’t think Draughn is now. No bad blood just after seeing them in person don’t think they have the overall team to compete with the top. I know they dropped 57 and the offense is lethal but just not a contender.
Tillery can definitely sling it and Dula is a game changer not taking anything away from them. But see Draughn as a 3rd or more likely a 4th round team. Great season but not enough to stop the top teams.
Just my opinion which will get ya nothing.

Now why didn’t I shoot that doe this morning, that’s the real question.

Go Mountaineers

I have to agree, didn’t think Mitchell was a contender before last night and don’t think Draughn is now. No bad blood just after seeing them in person don’t think they have the overall team to compete with the top. I know they dropped 57 and the offense is lethal but just not a contender.
Tillery can definitely sling it and Dula is a game changer not taking anything away from them. But see Draughn as a 3rd or more likely a 4th round team. Great season but not enough to stop the top teams.
Just my opinion which will get ya nothing.

Now why didn’t I shoot that doe this morning, that’s the real question.

Go Mountaineers
You wasn't hungry enough and you were hoping she had a boy friend.

I’ve never seen so many flags as I did last night during the Andrews vs Swain game, on both teams. It was this way last year, non conference games were little to no flags being thrown then SMC games begin and it started and continued through last year’s SMC CHAMPIONSHIP game. When we get to the end of season and the Conference Championship is on the line I want the players on the field to determine the outcome not one official throwing a flag for holding every 5 plays !

I’ve never seen so many flags as I did last night during the Andrews vs Swain game, on both teams. It was this way last year, non conference games were little to no flags being thrown then SMC games begin and it started and continued through last year’s SMC CHAMPIONSHIP game. When we get to the end of season and the Conference Championship is on the line I want the players on the field to determine the outcome not one official throwing a flag for holding every 5 plays !
One thing was for sure the refs hit up both teams ALL night long!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
If Mt airy don't start cleaning up the block in the back calls and holding calls they may have problems deep in the playoffs could be another 21 style Mitchell game in the making that's the one thing they need to improve on

Reactions: NCBBFB
Well yea want them when the play is close but when the balls done already 30yards down field what difference does it make I'm not arguing calls I'm just saying Bears need to fix this crap before it cost them dearly in playoffs against a really good team

Reactions: Bearmod1
Do we want holds called or just let it go, then get mad when a hold is called at a key moment?
We just the opposite issue at the Mitchell - Draughn game they didn't call anything. Of course I'm bias and I'm sure a Draughn person could say they saw something that they think should have been called on the Mitchell . But I'm not talking about picky hold calls at the line scrimmage that you can call a lot of plays but guys grabbing arms and one in the back field were a lineman did a wrestling take down he literally ended up on top of the defender.
And I curious I thought rules are kinda vague on this mostly deals with kicking the ball but when a play is blown dead because of an offensive penalty and the QB spikes the ball to the ground out of anger is that an unsportsmanlike penalty?

Reactions: BK13T-$
Mountaineer I got a good question about a call in our game last night.
If the punter muffs the punt and hits one of his own lineman in the back of the head is the ball down or still live?

I'm not expert on HS rules but personally i would think that would be unsportsmanlike worthy.

As for the punt call, Ive always been with the understanding if the punted ball makes any contact with the receiving team that makes it a live ball.

Mountaineer I got a good question about a call in our game last night.
If the punter muffs the punt and hits one of his own lineman in the back of the head is the ball down or still live?
I might be wrong but I believe it would be the same as a blocked kick were the ball stays behind the line scrimmage it's a live ball.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I might be wrong but I believe it would be the same as a blocked kick were the ball stays behind the line scrimmage it's a live ball.
But in the game at East Wilkes the East Wilkes punt hit an East Wilkes player in the head at the line of scrimmage. Why was the ball not declared dead at that spot? It would have been if touched by an East Wilkes player down field. I do not know, am asking.

But in the game at East Wilkes the East Wilkes punt hit an East Wilkes player in the head at the line of scrimmage. Why was the ball not declared dead at that spot? It would have been if touched by an East Wilkes player down field. I do not know, am asking.
My bad guys, i thought yall was talking about a different play.

But i would tend to agree with you, if EW touched it, it should be downed at the point of contact. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Well if the punting team first touches the ball receiving team now gets the choice to get the ball at the spot of the first touch or take the end result of the play.
Like say if the ball hits a player on the punt team first down field and say bounces towards the receiving teams go line when it comes to rest then the receiving team can take it where it first hit the player. On the other hand if it bounces in the receiving teams favor they can take it where it comes to rest.
But difference here is it's behind the line scrimmage which remains a live ball technically the punter can pick it up and punt for the second time If I understand it right.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT