ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Week 1 of Practice

Chris_Hughes

Staff
Feb 13, 2004
Looking at next week's weather reports, it looks like an Arctic front is coming in to bring us some brutally cold temperatures towards the end of next week. For the kids in Watauga, I've seen wind chills in the negative numbers with lows around 0 on Friday! I'm sure we all knew that the weather would play a role in how this winter/spring season went, but I feel for the players and coaches who'll be forced to be outside in it.

1st game Feb 26. Statesville heads up to Mitchell Co. That’s going to be cold.

1st game Feb 26. Statesville heads up to Mitchell Co. That’s going to be cold.

That's going to be a very tough game for the Greyhounds. I doubt that they'd be heavily favored, considering the home-field advantage for Mitchell, and the loss of key players for Statesville.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
That's going to be a very tough game for the Greyhounds. I doubt that they'd be heavily favored, considering the home-field advantage for Mitchell, and the loss of key players for Statesville.

february 26 in Bakersville typically doesn’t get above 40 for a high and the low is teens. Thanks governor

Looking at next week's weather reports, it looks like an Arctic front is coming in to bring us some brutally cold temperatures towards the end of next week. For the kids in Watauga, I've seen wind chills in the negative numbers with lows around 0 on Friday! I'm sure we all knew that the weather would play a role in how this winter/spring season went, but I feel for the players and coaches who'll be forced to be outside in it.
I've been to playoff games in November at Watauga that can get a might rough, but not quite that.

So what’s the situation for teams right now? It’s February 5th, the first games are in three weeks or less. Are there going to be scrimmages? Are they practicing in full pads right now together? Are they hitting? How many fans can go to the games? Will Roy cooper cancel the season in 2 weeks?

So what’s the situation for teams right now? It’s February 5th, the first games are in three weeks or less. Are there going to be scrimmages? Are they practicing in full pads right now together? Are they hitting? How many fans can go to the games? Will Roy cooper cancel the season in 2 weeks?
With Cooper calling for in-person learning the chances of him cancelling are slim I think.

Reactions: beamer24
Practice can start Monday. Nothing organized before then.

I’ll be on the field February 8 getting ready for the season. What will you be doing?
I have to take our two dogs to get groomed,I have to work and I have to go get my 3 unit bridge cemented back in. Thanks for asking. I will be at the first game for Shelby snow sleet or rain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT