ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs Tarboro

Good game to Tarboro! It’s the system that is the difference. Hard to beat that system and coaches. I thought the defense would at least slow yall down some, but didn’t have a clue where the ball was.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Great job by your teenagers gentlemen.
Good luck next week…
I mean on this here forum 😂
TD already predicting a shutout and Rville game has replaced ER as SC…

Enjoy your night. Your team did what was expected this season which they have accomplished many times. People don’t realize how difficult expectations can be when placed on a team. Often those are harder to overcome than opponents.

Good game to Tarboro! It’s the system that is the difference. Hard to beat that system and coaches. I thought the defense would at least slow yall down some, but didn’t have a clue where the ball was.
It's not "the system". Their offense is as old as football. It's the athletes Tarboro has. They have an excellent coach, absolutely, but he can't win at the level he has without the talent.

Good season West Columbus. I can tell you, at times, it appeared the players were a bit star struck. I think that’s something that’s overlooked at times, we’ve been so fortunate, that this moment typically doesn’t seem too big for us. We are use to being here, and it’s just another game for us.

Good season West Columbus. I can tell you, at times, it appeared the players were a bit star struck. I think that’s something that’s overlooked at times, we’ve been so fortunate, that this moment typically doesn’t seem too big for us. We are use to being here, and it’s just another game for us.
Absolutely. I can tell you as a former coach, that coached state champions. You hold back certain "motivational" things you do, for the biggest moments. And it's different with every kid on an individual basis, as well as every team.

Reactions: vikandpirate4christ
It's not "the system". Their offense is as old as football. It's the athletes Tarboro has. They have an excellent coach, absolutely, but he can't win at the level he has without the talent.
Of course it’s the athletes for sure. Not discounting the kids at all. But there is a reason Tarboro has ran that system for 50 plus years. Just a great program all the way around.

I knew tarboro was sandbagging all week
In all seriousness, most of our fans try to remain humble. We are spoiled, and at times can be over critical because we’ve grown so accustomed to winning, but I’m thankful for the staff who’s commited to this program. Between them and the players have taken us on a great ride. As far as sandbagging, we are actually very young, and for the most part this year, they’ve been outstanding, but there have been moments where there were some head scratches but again, with their youth, that shouldn’t be a surprise

Of course it’s the athletes for sure. Not discounting the kids at all. But there is a reason Tarboro has ran that system for 50 plus years. Just a great program all the way around.
Very true. They are top notch. Tarboro had one state championship when they had eventual super bowl champion, Kelvin Bryant, with the Washington Redskins when they were 3a. They won 3? more with the combo of future NFL players Shaun Draughn, Ty Lewis and Todd Gurley, at 2a. At 1a, they still have the athletes, with lesser competition for the most part, week in and week out. They are basically guaranteed to win the East every year. But that's not a knock on them or their coaches, just a fact.

Very true. They are top notch. Tarboro had one state championship when they had eventual super bowl champion, Kelvin Bryant, with the Washington Redskins when they were 3a. They won 3? more with the combo of future NFL players Shaun Draughn, Ty Lewis and Todd Gurley, at 2a. At 1a, they still have the athletes, with lesser competition for the most part, week in and week out. They are basically guaranteed to win the East every year. But that's not a knock on them or their coaches, just a fact.
Hey Crazy…If you are going to share Tarboro history, let’s at least get the facts right. Kelvin Bryant graduated from Tarboro in 1979. Tarboro’s first state championship was in 1984. My school bus driver was Donald Frank, the TE on that team who played 6 seasons in the NFL.

Hey Crazy…If you are going to share Tarboro history, let’s at least get the facts right. Kelvin Bryant graduated from Tarboro in 1979. Tarboro’s first state championship was in 1984. My school bus driver was Donald Frank, the TE on that team who played 6 seasons in the NFL.
We lose in 1st round to Farmville Central with Kelvin Bryant. Major upset, we were ranked #1 in state and undefeated at 10 and 0.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
My bad. I was thinking he was on the 84 team. My school bus driver when I was in kindergarten, was Gerome Staton. I know you remember that name. He was a senior, I remember getting on the bus and thinking, holy crap, he's huge.

My bad. I was thinking he was on the 84 team. My school bus driver when I was in kindergarten, was Gerome Staton. I know you remember that name. He was a senior, I remember getting on the bus and thinking, holy crap, he's huge.
1984 we had Ricky Dozier, he set single game touchdown record with 7. In 1984 Tarboro held Kannapolis Wonders to ZERO 1st down, in State Championship. Played in Kannapolis, NC. Another state record that still unbroken.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Agreed. I try not to be boastful, but every now and then a fan base brings it out. Even hearing some of them talk in the ticket line, they really thought they were gonna woulp us.
Just another sign of a team not knowing how to handle the moment, and being unaware of the caliber of football they were fixing to be playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT