ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs Tarboro

EB defense didn’t really stop Tarboro. Their offense stopped Tarboro by keeping the ball away from them. When Tarboro had the ball they scored quick until #2 went down late in the 3rd qtr.
Craddock did a stand up with HSOT last night and admitted to being very conservative on offense late in the game. It was unreal to me that Tarboro reached 4th down three times on that final drive and every time, an East Bladen penalty gave our guys a new set of downs. I’m not sure what kind of Jedi mind trick he’s doing over there, but he made it work. I’m hoping next week we can get through without having to rely on the opposition to help us out.

Last edited:
I've been to Tarboro couple times. One to see South Columbus play you guys. You have a lot of tradition,but I think it's WC time this year. Tarboro probably best they played this year. WC in close game.

I've been to Tarboro couple times. One to see South Columbus play you guys. You have a lot of tradition,but I think it's WC time this year. Tarboro probably best they played this year. WC in close game.
It may be their year, I mean it’s got to eventually happen, we’ve been six straight years. That run is going to end one day. We’ve been more recently that many programs have ever been. We’ve been blessed, and one thing is for sure, we may go down, but the Vikings will go down fighting

St Paul’s is 2A and almost beat a strong Hertford team a few weeks ago. If you using logic like that, West crushed East Bladen. It wasn’t even a ball game.
We also handled that strong Hertford team with ease, which is why I said at the beginning, you can’t compare scores. Many factors, and things change over the course of the season

Many factors can come in to play for Tarboro. The first one being injuries. We all noticed how the defense wasting playing well the first qtr and that was mainly because Big Ny wasn’t on the field at all the first half & when he came back the 2nd half the defense shut them out. I’ve talked to Cam’s uncle he said he’s ok just a little sore. We’ll know more about that as Friday gets closer.

I wasn’t impressed with Wilson at all. Their defense was pretty decent and they had athletes, but zero offensive game plan. Literally ran the QB off the snap 90 percent of the night.

I honestly thought our conference was weak, but after seeing the rest of the 1A East I was wrong. We’ve been tested against and beat a strong Whiteville team and East Bladen.

Like I said earlier, I’m well aware of who Tarboro is and have followed for a long time. I know the Boyd’s up there and we have talked Tarboro Football since the Gurley days.

I’m hoping to see a good game!

I wasn’t impressed with Wilson at all. Their defense was pretty decent and they had athletes, but zero offensive game plan. Literally ran the QB off the snap 90 percent of the night.!
I’ve said similar about Wilson Prep. Lots of athletes and good size but they don’t play a like a team. My wife texted me that WPA had a 50yd run called back for holding. That’s what you get every week.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I know that Tarboro has been the best team in the east for years, but I also think it is time for changing of the guard. I think West Columbus will pull the upset and win by a TD. Just got that feeling. Tarboro will have to throw the ball to win because WC is going to be too good to run on. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Strick,I believe it is meant to be for WC this year. Overall 1-A ball has been week last 2 years. Very week all but couple of teams. Now,the West has been very tough and will be this year. Talking about My. Airy for sure. WC by 10 pts. Friday late in game.

This is for the tarboro fans….can we pay at the gate Friday night with cash ? Or do we have to order online beforehand ?

This is for the tarboro fans….can we pay at the gate Friday night with cash ? Or do we have to order online beforehand ?
They have an online option and you can also pay at the gate.

In my opinion it’s better to buy online. The ticket booth line can get backed up at times.

Reactions: jhaynesrx
Strick,I believe it is meant to be for WC this year. Overall 1-A ball has been week last 2 years. Very week all but couple of teams. Now,the West has been very tough and will be this year. Talking about My. Airy for sure. WC by 10 pts. Friday late in game.

see, this is WHY the game must be played, ACTION speak louder than words. Go Tarboro....!

Update….The injuries may come to hurt Tarboro
I hate for any of these teams to deal with injuries this time of year. Our starting RB for West Columbus didn’t get to play against Wilson Prep and is out indefinitely with a torn ACL and other issues. It happened on a non contact play. He’s an even better baseball player, but more importantly a great kid. He’s only a sophomore so we hope he can bounce back for next season. Hoping for a great game Friday. I hope we will have a good amount of fans travel that way.

Reactions: cebuff12
We’ve been very fortunate to have tons of depth on previous teams, but since Covid our numbers have been low compared to years past. We use to could plug different guys in, but it doesn’t appear we have that kind of depth now. If true, these injuries could be a fatal blow to the purple and gold Vikings .

Tarboro is a tough match up for anyone in 1A. When I look at them, I see tradition and they will be up 14 just being at home. West Columbus is not that good up front. They have speed but there is not real scheme that they are running. I am just going to be honest. Tarboro is going to put 50 on them because they just don't have enough to beat them up front. I believe that Tarboro is going to play a cover 2 shell and make WC run the ball. Spread teams have showed that when it gets cold they fold. You have to be able to run the ball at them time of the year. Inside zone is not going to be enough. When you play soft your defense will play soft too.
Tarboro 49-21

I will say WC hasn't seen a team caliper of Tarboro,but you also have to get some breaks against a team like Tarboro. I been there 2 times with SC and Pack years ago tough place to play. I just think it is meant to be.

Tarboro is a tough match up for anyone in 1A. When I look at them, I see tradition and they will be up 14 just being at home. West Columbus is not that good up front. They have speed but there is not real scheme that they are running. I am just going to be honest. Tarboro is going to put 50 on them because they just don't have enough to beat them up front. I believe that Tarboro is going to play a cover 2 shell and make WC run the ball. Spread teams have showed that when it gets cold they fold. You have to be able to run the ball at them time of the year. Inside zone is not going to be enough. When you play soft your defense will play soft too.
Tarboro 49-21
That’s a pretty wild take there. West Columbus defense is anything but soft and weak up front. We do improvise a lot on offense with the QB, but he is dang good. I wish you’d bet me on that spread. Id take that for anything you want to wager.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty wild take there. West Columbus defense is anything but soft and weak up front. We do improvise a lot on offense with the QB, but he is dang good. I wish you’d bet me on that spread. If take that for anything you want to wager.
We can put some wings on it. I don't mind eating them on you. Your QB is not a true passer but he is good athlete. Inside zone and zone read won't be enough. They will spy him and they have enough speed to naturalize him. I watched you on film. WC plays a straight 4-4 cover 3. They are going to try and play a bear front and they are going to slice you up. Majority of your teams that you have played don't know how to match up with you. Just not enough variety to beat Tarboro. Good back and watch Mount Airy beat them last year. Your offensive line is soft. I don't mean that in a bad way just that you are not fire blocking anyone. You will play to many snaps and this will be the difference in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT