ADVERTISEMENT

Wayy to Early 2018 ECC predictions

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Just my early guess at how the conference will play out this year. Just a opinion so dont take it to heart if you disagree(Sad i have to say that now lol)

1.East Duplin- senior heavy squad a year ago but think return enough to still be a top contender plus reload from very good JV team

2.Wallace Rose-Hill-Dont think they will be as good as year's past but programs like theirs dont just go away,and im sure some new stud RB/ATH will emerge out of the blue it always happens down there.JV team wasnt as strong as usual last year

3.Clinton-Still waiting to see who the new man in charge will be return some good players on both sides of the ball reload from a very good JV team. This team will have the skill players that can make some noise long term success of the team depends on how the offensive and defensive lines progress.

4.Goldsboro-They have the best individual player in the conference in All American RB/LB Xavier Bowden just not alot around him and JV team was not that good either. Bowden will carry them to victories over lesser teams but just dont see them beating the top 3.

5.James Kenan-Should be round the same as last year maybe slightly better but i would not look past them...they have the athletes walking the halls just gotta get them on the field

6.Midway-New Coach this year aswell havent heard a name yet. Not much going on the gridiron over in Spiveys Corner them in Spring Creek will fight it out to stay out the basement

7.Spring Creek- dont see them doing much.....one positive dont believe they had a JV program so lots of freshman and soph got varsity experience should be more respectful in the future

ECC preseason player of the year: Xavier Bowden Goldsboro. Was invited to the Army All American combine in San Antonio TX, has the size and speed to dominate a game rushed for over 2,000 yards last season i could see him doing the same thing this year.....if Goldsboro had a couple more pieces arouund him they would be a legit contender.

Reactions: dogs79
Looks pretty good. Its Eds to lose until someone knocks them off. WRH can do it. Have some good backs coming up from JVs. And an experienced QB in Baysden.

I'd say don't over look Laquan Brown at ED as player of the year, Bowden is a great athlete but no pieces around him will make him take a beating every week and that may be disastrous to his senior season. Brown has the speed to break a game open and is super strong with good size as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT