ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early look at 2024

sam

May 29, 2001
Who has a ton coming back next year ? Clearly Reidsville.
Who else? Northeastern?

Reidsville has a couple of big holes to fill......#1QB Al Lee......#2 the two headed linebacker monster that was Paul Widerman and Aidan Mansfield................big shoes to fill.................................skill wise tho....the Rams will be loaded........

I think Johnniyus Sharpe will be good at QB for us, he was good at Cummings with not nearly as many weapons. Our receiver room will be great as always with Neal, Harrison, and Jones all returning and some studs from JV in Frankie Galloway and Damarien Whitted ready to contribute. Cobb being back at RB is obviously huge as well.

I think Johnniyus Sharpe will be good at QB for us, he was good at Cummings with not nearly as many weapons. Our receiver room will be great as always with Neal, Harrison, and Jones all returning and some studs from JV in Frankie Galloway and Damarien Whitted ready to contribute. Cobb being back at RB is obviously huge as well.
Reidsville also returns 4 of 5 starting offensive linemen return including all-conference C John Flippin and All-Conference guard Tyreese Turner.

I cant speak for others but I am extremely excited about the team Northeastern will field next year. We have the son of the all time rushing leader at NE who will be in the backfield along with our returning qb and a super sophomore qb who led our Jv squad to an undefeated season. We also return a lot from this years team so hopefully we can get another shot at a championship. I believe East Duplin and Princeton also return a lot.

when do the new classifications kick in? If next season then we cant guess who will be contenders.

Burns will take a step back next season. Although you can probably expect it to go like this season went (8-4, 2nd round of playoffs). I'm not sure what our non-conference schedule looks like next year (besides Crest and KM). But I think we'll go 2-2 in non-conference, 5-1 in the conference and another 2nd round exit. Maybe 3rd depending on matchups. But after next year, we should have another good wave of talent coming in, just in time for the new classifications.

I was going to say Northeastern will have the 1 seed in East, but Nash Central will upset them in the playoffs. They should be loaded and will be a tough matchup. In the west, there's no one that can challenge Reidsville on paper. A lot can happen between now and then but if they don't win it all, it will be a shocker.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville has two shrine bowl players (Widerman and Flippen) to replace along with three-year starting QB Al Lee and his 9,245 career passing yard (123 TD passes).
any idea who will run the ball along with cobb nest year?

Nash Central!!! They lost no one and made it to the fourth round and took Clinton to the wire in Dark Horse Stadium.
You’re right. With better qb play y’all could have possibley beaten Clinton.

Reactions: daagoob
Its Reidsville then everyone else, but the east should be up for grabs, NE, Nash Central will be heavy favorites, ED returns a good group and WRH has some good pieces returning. But like DogBone said if Reidsville does not get #24 in 2024 it will be a shocker.

Reactions: dogs79
Its Reidsville then everyone else, but the east should be up for grabs, NE, Nash Central will be heavy favorites, ED returns a good group and WRH has some good pieces returning. But like DogBone said if Reidsville does not get #24 in 2024 it will be a shocker.
Reidsville will be missing a lot of key players that will be hard to replace. Several others in the West will be just as good.

Hopefully Clinton makes the playoffs
Replacing 20+ seniors is rough cupboard ain’t that bare we still have enough returning to compete for conference probably like a 2nd/3rd round team. #1#3 #4 #15 #50 will be your key guys returning gotta build around them. Some underclassmen I’m excited to see their growth. Jaden Ashe, Tremayne Asford, Aaron Cooper, Jonah Boone,Josh Moore, and Tyler Patrick.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
it is this year but last year with new bern (triple option) and east Duplin (wing T)....it will come back around
That's the old blind squirrel and nut tale......typically option teams don't win it all. Why is the East not moving towards modern age football?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT