ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace Rose Hill vs Southwest Onslow

It's ok, Northeastern will send you home in November

We have a lot of work to do. It's early we have plenty of time to work things out. Things this Friday in Chesapeake may not be so rosey. I think I may make the trip to Jville to get some good game film. If so I'll come decked in full Northeastern gear and stand front and center on the pumpkin heads side

I need to get down there and see what the dogs got going this year. Kinda would like to come to some conclusions before playoffs get here for 2A in the east.

The only thing I know about Wallace is they destroyed East Bladen. East Bladen usually has really solid teams, my point being, Wallace is loaded. I still think Southwest will surprise some people on Friday. Will they win, highly doubtful. Will they get beat by 30 plus, even more doubtful. If we didn't have East Duplin I would definitely be at the game.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
We have a lot of work to do. It's early we have plenty of time to work things out. Things this Friday in Chesapeake may not be so rosey. I think I may make the trip to Jville to get some good game film. If so I'll come decked in full Northeastern gear and stand front and center on the pumpkin heads side

With you on our side it a lot better than that motley crew that will be across the field. You are welcome to my old seat, top row, 40 yard line closest to the school. ..... :D

With you on our side it a lot better than that motley crew that will be across the field. You are welcome to my old seat, top row, 40 yard line closest to the school. ..... :D

Awesome!!! You won't try and have me thrown out will you? Couldn't I just stand on the sidelines with you? Thanks for being a good sport SWO#1. I just like having a good time, it's all in fun.

Awesome!!! You won't try and have me thrown out will you? Couldn't I just stand on the sidelines with you? Thanks for being a good sport SWO#1. I just like having a good time, it's all in fun.
Sorry, I wont be there. But if I were would be glad to stand/sit and enjoy the game with you. I'd even sit with the Puppy Mill crowd. I can take a ribbing if we're losing. Lost before and more than likely will again. I like good football, even from the other team ....kind of. Whatever I say on here has no real meaning other than keeping a thread going on the light side. The teams will get serious at kickoff.

Good luck to the Eagles this week. Pull an upset ..... :cool:

Sorry, I wont be there. But if I were would be glad to stand/sit and enjoy the game with you. I'd even sit with the Puppy Mill crowd. I can take a ribbing if we're losing. Lost before and more than likely will again. I like good football, even from the other team ....kind of. Whatever I say on here has no real meaning other than keeping a thread going on the light side. The teams will get serious at kickoff.

Good luck to the Eagles this week. Pull an upset ..... :cool:
Do you really mean that?
Im only asking that because you are with SWO. Ive had the opportunity more than once to meet them in person and they weren't very welcoming.

Do you really mean that?
Im only asking that because you are with SWO. Ive had the opportunity more than once to meet them in person and they weren't very welcoming.

Really? You must have hit the wrong SWO crowd then. Their fans are some of the best I have ever came across. It doesn’t matter if it’s at SWO or at WRH, I have never seen or heard of any problems from them. They are always super proud of their team and rightfully so considering their history. They just love some good football.

Edit to add: maybe if you would have been wearing some sweet orange & black instead of that ugly green they would have been more welcoming! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: SWO-#1 and daagoob
I did not go to the SWO vs Jacksonville game, but the way the paper described the game SW held Jacksonville to under 200 yards is offense, and went over 200 themselves. The fumbles being taken back for td, and the 6 turnovers all together will kill anyone.

I am still saying WRH wins this one, 28-6 is where I'm at however. SW is still has a really solid team. Just not many big playmakers.

Do you really mean that?

I sat in the same seat for over 20 years at the Corral and only missed about 6 games total in that period. Yes there were some SWO fans I would not sit with. Some schools had terrible visitor bleachers. I would sit on the home side and never had any problems with anyone. I commented when the other team did good and made good plays. Most of those we won but we did lose some of em. When My Stallions were out of the playoffs I would go to other ECC games, Clinton, ED and others. I was only put off my one group at an Eastern Div Final Game. I wont name them as I had friends that were for the same school. I just picked a bad spot to sit I guess. Thats Ok , they lost anyway .....

I used to go round and round with a poster from Richlands. We even had some of our posts deleted to each other. Everyone thought we hated each other. Thing was we were good friends, and would talk about it with each other and have great laughs. It was a contest to see who could get the best of each other. Reference to the two teams really had nothing to do with it. We were both equally good at the zingers, complete with edited Pics.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I am still saying WRH wins this one, 28-6 is where I'm at however. SW is still has a really solid team. Just not many big playmakers.

We just need to make a whole bunch of little plays, 3-4 yards at a time, over and over and over again. We be Ok I think.

Reactions: SWO-WA and dogs79
We just need to make a whole bunch of little plays, 3-4 yards at a time, over and over and over again. We be Ok I think.
That is exactly what y'all are very capable of doing. In 18, y'all had that same mentality,but had a short ,fast,and strong running back. This year it done think y'all have that but if y'all can get 4 yds a carry y'all have a real shot. I think we can match your size with strength. I think the Stallions will be ready,but our dogs are definitely not overlooking those stallions this year.

Reactions: HayseedSlim
I sat in the same seat for over 20 years at the Corral and only missed about 6 games total in that period. Yes there were some SWO fans I would not sit with. Some schools had terrible visitor bleachers. I would sit on the home side and never had any problems with anyone. I commented when the other team did good and made good plays. Most of those we won but we did lose some of em. When My Stallions were out of the playoffs I would go to other ECC games, Clinton, ED and others. I was only put off my one group at an Eastern Div Final Game. I wont name them as I had friends that were for the same school. I just picked a bad spot to sit I guess. Thats Ok , they lost anyway .....

I used to go round and round with a poster from Richlands. We even had some of our posts deleted to each other. Everyone thought we hated each other. Thing was we were good friends, and would talk about it with each other and have great laughs. It was a contest to see who could get the best of each other. Reference to the two teams really had nothing to do with it. We were both equally good at the zingers, complete with edited Pics.
Your Awesome, we'd get along great, but I've witnessed a lot of fanbases over the last 7 yrs now and honestly SWO fans have not been nice when coming to Elizabeth City. Also, aside from yourself on these forums there were these posters from SWO who were constantly bashing anything posters from Northeastern put up.

Reactions: dogs79
Your Awesome, we'd get along great, but I've witnessed a lot of fanbases over the last 7 yrs now and honestly SWO fans have not been nice when coming to Elizabeth City. Also, aside from yourself on these forums there were these posters from SWO who were constantly bashing anything posters from Northeastern put up.
That's true goob. They have been very verbally aggressive towards you in you own house and I only know you as respectful towards others. But,Clinton has been that way in the past toward opposing fans,but has changed in recent years. I actually have pulled for Clinton at times in recent years

Reactions: daagoob
Hope the field at southwest is in good shape so Wallace doesn’t have excuses this time. Not expecting them to lose so they shouldn’t have to have an excuse

That's true goob. They have been very verbally aggressive towards you in you own house and I only know you as respectful towards others. But,Clinton has been that way in the past toward opposing fans,but has changed in recent years. I actually have pulled for Clinton at times in recent years
Thanks Dogs79, they were really agressive towards both myself and Otis. I can assure you we did nothing to provoke anyone.

Why would the SWO coach want all those water hoses?
Some say ,SWO wet field to neutralize our speed last year. Teams actually warmed up on baseball field. I was told by a swo friend that WRH lost because we didn't use qb's ability to run. They had no answer for him. They had planned for everything else. Makes sense to me. And, WRH dropped several passes. That happened in last night's game at DH Conley, Northeastern dropped several passes in first half or that game probly would not have been close

Last edited:
Some say ,SWO wet field to neutralize our speed last year. Teams actually warmed up on baseball field. I was told by a swo friend that WRH lost because we didn't use qb's ability to run. They had no answer for him. They had planned for everything else. Makes sense to me. And, WRH dropped several passes. That happened in last night's game at DH Conley, Northeastern dropped several passes in first half or that game probly would not have been close
So your saying that they'll cheat to win? Because I would consider that cheating.

Did the coach attend UNC?
Ha ha! No,I never said they cheated! I said we didn't do what we needed to do to win. I said some said, not "I " said. I'm sure coach Motsinger took responsibility, not Blame. You will see a different DOG Friday nite. Go Dogs!

Reactions: daagoob
Ha ha! No,I never said they cheated! I said we didn't do what we needed to do to win. I said some said, not "I " said. I'm sure coach Motsinger took responsibility, not Blame. You will see a different DOG Friday nite. Go Dogs!

You guys know I'm just kidding!! I'm sitting back laughing while I'm readin this. All the while watching Dennis the Menace. Wish Northeastern was playing a cup cake because I'd surely be making the trip to see this game. You guys have fun, I'll be in Chesapeake, Va

Reactions: dogs79 and SWO-#1
I'm a witness to playing on a wet field at SWO. Every time our qb dropped back to pass, he slipped. I told that to a fan of the team SWO had to play the following week, and he came back and said the same thing. That their field was wet, with no rain the week of the game.

No doubt the field at SWO is wet. I lived just in back of the school. Its a SWAMP just in back of the field, behind the scoreboard. My son walked to school and had bridges built to get thru. I dont know if its still the same, I assume so. We had trouble on it also.There were several practice fields that we practiced and warmed up on. The field has a nice crown down the middle but dosnt drain well. I assure you the field is NOT watered down on purpose. And coach Dempsey probably has a large garden and needed the hoses for irrigation .... :p

If you've read many of my posts You have probably figured out I embellish a lot just for grins. Its all in fun for me and hope no one takes it as total truth. When its your night teams with less talent just win, and vice versa, no matter how good you are sometimes it just dont go well, Thats Friday Night Football, Love it.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
:DCamden County's field is backed up to a swamp literally. The stadium is called the Swamp. We don't experience any of these problems.

Think they will leave the starters in long enough to get a running clock for the second half.

in all honesty i think it will be close for a good portion. Dogs pull away late. 35-21.

Reactions: SWO-#1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT