ADVERTISEMENT

W.H. PAGE HIGH SCHOOL PIRATES (13-2) vs. MALLARD CREEK HIGH SCHOOL MAVERICKS (13-2) UPDATES

EF is a very good team but if I had to play one game next week I would rather play EF than Butler.

We out gained EF by 250 yards and we made a lot of mistakes. In many ways the Butler game was actually tougher.

Butler is definitely better on defense. I would give EF the nod on offense because of the Oline.

Dont know much about MC,but are they wearing their away colors...I thought west teams were designed home teams this year?

Mallard Creek, Butler, then Hough sorry guys E. Forsyth does not make the cut. Throw in Catholic and you might make the top 5.
I get Butler being in that talk and even Catholic but Hough is not ahead of EF or Butler. They were blown out by Butler some how caught MC when they were a sleep at the wheel. Then they were blown out by the real Mallard Creek 44-0 in the playoffs when it counts. You're judged by what happens in the post season not regular season.

Final Standings among those teams
Mallard Creek
East Forsyth/Butler (tie) but I put EF slightly ahead of Butler because the fact it took OT for MC to beat EF. Wish we could've seen a Butler EF game. Sure would've made for a Hell of a match up!
Catholic behind those 3 but they're all very close.

I get Butler being in that talk and even Catholic but Hough is not ahead of EF or Butler. They were blown out by Butler some how caught MC when they were a sleep at the wheel. Then they were blown out by the real Mallard Creek 44-0 in the playoffs when it counts. You're judged by what happens in the post season not regular season.

Final Standings among those teams
Mallard Creek
East Forsyth/Butler (tie) but I put EF slightly ahead of Butler because the fact it took OT for MC to beat EF. Wish we could've seen a Butler EF game. Sure would've made for a Hell of a match up!
Catholic behind those 3 but they're all very close.

Hard for me to include Hough. They played a very good game in October and caught MC in a good spot but think they got exposed in the playoff game. Very good defense and special teams but kind of limited on offense.

Think EF was very good but if we had to choose who we would want to play again in the playoffs it wouldn't be Butler I don't think. Mostly because they were better defensively. That Butler game was a heavyweight boxing match in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT