ADVERTISEMENT

W.H. PAGE HIGH SCHOOL PIRATES (13-2) vs. MALLARD CREEK HIGH SCHOOL MAVERICKS (13-2) UPDATES

Guys give me the real, did page show up and are just THIS overmatched? Or did they just not show up today and let a little early MC momentum turn into a butt whipping?

As expected Creek has moved the ball at will against page defense however the page offense has fumbled and bumbled their way around all day which has given Creek short field on about every occasion. Page fumbles inside their own 20 a few times, fumbled a kick off and threw an interception already I believe. Page is a lot better than this but the snow ball affect is in play and the Creek boys have their foot in their throat and haven't let off. Page kids bitching and moaning and getting chippy. Creek by 70.

Pretty much everyone knew Page didn't have enough defense to slow down Mallard Creek, but many of us thought that they had enough offense to match scores for a while.

However, Page's offense looks to be scared to death. Play calling, penalties, turnovers, execution...they look horrible. Mallard Creek was probably going to win this game either way, but Page looks like they lost this game between the ears on offense before they ever even got off the bus.

1st Half Stats
Page
Will Jones 7-13- for 55 yards, 2 INT. 3 Sacks
Javon Leake -3 rushing yards
Total yards: 23 yards

Hate to use the analogy but this beating reminds me of Apollo vs. Drago in Rocky 4. Someone throw in the towel......

1st Half Stats:
Mallard Creek
James Smith 148 passing yards, 2 TD
Chancery Bowman: 35 yards. 3 TD
Ryan Jones: 95 receiving yards

On the first drive for Page, Will Jones hits his receiver and it goes through his hands. Picked off!.

Well the good news is that Page stops Mallard Creek on 4th down and gets the ball back at their own 21 yard line.

We are at the end of the 3rd quarter and with the running clock, it went by a lot faster. Mallard Creek is driving after Page had to punt.

Championship was played last week in Kernersville. Like always the West is the team to beat and the East looks like JV Football compared to it. I thought for sure that Page going East would've made this game more competitive but I was wrong.

WR Corey Sutton gets into the action with a touchdown grab from James Smith.

Mallard Creek leads 49-0 in the 4Q with 10:08 to go in the game.

Championship was played last week in Kernersville.
It might've been played three weeks ago at Providence, although I do give EF the benefit of the doubt.

You can't underestimate the epicness of MC's 2nd round game, though, either way. That was one heck of a ball game.

Page currently has -28 rushing yards in the game. They do have 133 passing yards but 72 of that came on the Javon Leake screen pass.

That should do it here in Raleigh, as Mallard Creek dominates Page for the 4AA State Championship. Winning 49-6 today.

It might've been played three weeks ago at Providence, although I do give EF the benefit of the doubt.

You can't underestimate the epicness of MC's 2nd round game, though, either way. That was one heck of a ball game.
I agree with you on that. There is no doubt that the 3 best teams in the 4AA are MC, East, and Butler. Now its the sad fact that Football season is over.

I give Willert credit. The design of his offense with the motion and fakes slowed that MC front up just enough to keep Smith upright.

Still though, MC out gained them by 250 yards and made a ton of mistakes. EF was a very good squad but I think after playing Butler twice I would rather face EF again than Butler.

This game today was just sort of ugly..Page was not ready for the intensity and it got silly quick

My wife and I were in Raleigh and made a last minute decision to watch this game. It was a bad match-up and mis-match altogether. When Page wasn't turning it over, they certainly didn't have much success moving the ball...very little. They looked kind of lost on Offense. MC put lots of pressure on the QB and set up camp in the backfield.

MC looked to move the ball at will. That O line was in control and MC looked to be successful at about whatever they tried to do. They looked to be able to score at will and huge mismatch with the receiver on the right side.

The turnovers buried them, running clock in the second half, but the outcome would have been the same either way, just not as ugly w/o turnovers. MC too much in this one.

MC is the best team in NC this year with two other teams that could have made this a game. EF and Butler would have made this a game. I can say I think MC was laser focused this game and clicking well, so probably a tough day to play them. I don't think the top three 4aa teams are in doubt.

Page did blow out everyone in the East and I guess that does make a statement for yet another year concerning the domination of the West in 4aa. I don''t seee that changing anytime too soon.

Mallard Creek, Butler, then Hough sorry guys E. Forsyth does not make the cut. Throw in Catholic and you might make the top 5.

I only saw EF play once and they showed me a lot in what they were able to do against MC. I would base the pecking order more on the final product at the end, but body of work to be weighted in too. I do think Dcov has a good top 5, we may just not agree on the order. No doubt about #1 though.

I thought MC played a much more disciplined game today w/o the silly penalties that hurt them against EF.

Looking forward to seeing this Catholic team on TW tonight and I expect they will be as advertised...then on to the college bowl games...

Butler is still Butler in the other game they loss they were without a lot of starters, Butler is still Butler.

Nepsy said something a couple of years ago about Mallard Creek just opening and having a good winning percentage and just give them a couple years and they will have several titles, well 3 in a row is not bad my friend and they are just getting started....

Thanks to Mallard Creek for helping me fill in my map, Catholic and Monroe left to play
Hoping for 5 outta 6

704.png

THAT 2AA squad of The Monroe Red Hawks will certainly be getting plenty of looks from me at 8 tonight as they have tore into and destroyed everyone in their path-all the beaten opposition talking about the Monroe speed and quickness- their Coach Johnny Sowell schedules about as many higher seeds as he can and they've galloped through all of them convincingly.

chopper, you could actually add two more teams to that map if you wanted to. Rock Hill Northwestern (4A Div II) and Rock Hill South Pointe (3A) both won state titles today as well.

Reactions: Chopper747
Mallard Creek, Butler, then Hough sorry guys E. Forsyth does not make the cut. Throw in Catholic and you might make the top 5.
Lol... State Ranks in reality are this

MC
EF
Butler

I'm sorry but East played a hell of a game last week win or lose. You have to give them credit for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT