ADVERTISEMENT

Vance Coach Leaving

All gas no breaks right down I-77 south!!
I dont blame him NC and CMS need to get it together n realize NC is a top 10 state in talent. Were going to keep losing our top coaches to the rival states if they dont start compensating n focusing on paying these guys.

Football never has been a priority as far as the CMS is concerned. Which is a shame because it is the best area in the state. Evidence of their lack of concern is obvious by the facilities and pay that is offered. But the state association also has been reluctant to support the growth of Football as well through its spring and summer regulations. Remember it was only 4 years ago that they did away with 21 player participation rule for spring practice. Brand like other coaches is moving to a state that has more of a football culture. High school coaches in SC have more contact with players than college coaches are allowed with their teams by the the NCAA. Irmo is a sleeping giant with a lot of talent that needs a culture change. The biggest problem Brand will have is that it borders his old mentors school Dutch Fork.

I dont blame him NC and CMS need to get it together n realize NC is a top 10 state in talent. Were going to keep losing our top coaches to the rival states if they dont start compensating n focusing on paying these guys.

I dont blame him and wish him well. As far as CMS goes it is as always a function of where you want to put your money and resources. We are all football guys so we want to see SC,GA and TX like programs but SC has there own educational issues. Usually if $$ are being allocated somewhere its being subtracted from others.

Myers park lost...they lost in 2016 n lost in 2018.
Of course you might agree with me if I were to say Myers Park is tale of two cities which it is.
But anyhow......

At some point in this life I use to have a friend who lived in Charlotte. His name was Charley. Actually he moved. In fact it was this week. Anyhow, for some reason the guy admitted he hated Myers Park because of the affluence of those that live in the ritzy enclave .....

I told him that’s no way to live, breath, and think. I continued by stating that this years Myers Park program from what understand has that elite QB coming back, a share of D1s, Elite wide receivers, and there is much more but I was not filled in on what was considered even better news. Who knows what else they have but they sound tough enough to win the big rig...

About Vance - will Vance still be Vance?

With coach being gone, Myers Park will get another bite at them. They were well............lucky last year.

Last edited:
Football never has been a priority as far as the CMS is concerned. Which is a shame because it is the best area in the state. Evidence of their lack of concern is obvious by the facilities and pay that is offered. But the state association also has been reluctant to support the growth of Football as well through its spring and summer regulations. Remember it was only 4 years ago that they did away with 21 player participation rule for spring practice. Brand like other coaches is moving to a state that has more of a football culture. High school coaches in SC have more contact with players than college coaches are allowed with their teams by the the NCAA. Irmo is a sleeping giant with a lot of talent that needs a culture change. The biggest problem Brand will have is that it borders his old mentors school Dutch Fork.
Of course, I haven't been in North Carolina anywhere near as long as most of those who post on here. But, I've seen this way too often. Havelock, losing their coach to SC (I believe, if I'm correct) and now coach Brand. It's up to CMS and the state association how they want to progress in football from here on out. But, I believe unless they change the culture at the top (State association, school administrators), CMS will continue to be a coach feeder system and be a developmental system for coaches. Different topic but in my humble opinion, we'll see the difference from SC when Dutch Fork plays Mallard Creek. I don't have any inside information whatsover, no knowledge at all (inside or outside), in other words, I have no clue, but keep asking myself with this coach carousel continuing, how long will Coach Palmieri remain at Mallard Creek?

Coach Palmieri has had numerous opportunities to head South. He's still at the Creek.

Of course, I haven't been in North Carolina anywhere near as long as most of those who post on here. But, I've seen this way too often. Havelock, losing their coach to SC (I believe, if I'm correct) and now coach Brand. It's up to CMS and the state association how they want to progress in football from here on out. But, I believe unless they change the culture at the top (State association, school administrators), CMS will continue to be a coach feeder system and be a developmental system for coaches. Different topic but in my humble opinion, we'll see the difference from SC when Dutch Fork plays Mallard Creek. I don't have any inside information whatsover, no knowledge at all (inside or outside), in other words, I have no clue, but keep asking myself with this coach carousel continuing, how long will Coach Palmieri remain at Mallard Creek?
Coach Palmieri has had numerous opportunities to head South. He's still at the Creek.
Through social media network, folks have stated him exiting the program this year, but will stay one more. There’s a virus in Charlotte and I want no part of it.

Through social media network, folks have stated him exiting the program this year, but will stay one more. There’s a virus in Charlotte and I want no part of it.

That would be false. Never considered leaving this year, and what virus in Charlotte?

Last edited:
Aaron made Vance great again. Mission well done. New coach has big shoes to fill.

Myers Park vs Vance will be a huge concern

Last edited:
Aaron made Vance great again. Mission well done. New coach has big shoes to fill.

Myers Park vs Vance will be a huge concern
With how good u say Myers park is on offense were the same on defense....so barring transfers I think were top 3 in the state. U jus cant go deep in the playoffs with a qb and a cpl wrs. U guys lost a lot esp on the o line n defense.

Reactions: nepsy7
South Carolina is receiving a master. North Carolina is losing a Master. Its tough enough not finding an M&M that doesn't melt you your mouth. Pay raise going up $.50 now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT