ADVERTISEMENT

Vance at Myers Park

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
(8-1) Vance will take on (9-0) Myers Park. Any thoughts or insights with this game.

Both Teams are phenomenal but I will give the edge to Myers Park only because Drake left a legacy and pure energy.

Vance 28 MP 20 - Vance Made great adjustment to beat Hough - I don’t see them slipping up again imo .... Vance will have play tough n very good to beat MP but I know they will be ready but all I have to say is

Feed #3 in Daylan Smothers He was the game changer in the Hough game with 2 long TD runs

Pretty remarkable that this is Vance's 5th straight Regional Final. Looking back they have won 17 playoff games going back to 2016. They are no doubt the new preeminent 4A program in Charlotte.
I think you can maybe make a case that Myers Park is the 2nd best team in that discussion, if you are focused on playoff success, which taking byes and match ups into consideration may not always be a good idea. But, taking playoff success into consideration, these are the most successful 4A programs in Charlotte over the last 5 years.
Vance - 17 playoff wins, 5 regional finals, 2 state championship appearances, 1 state title
Myers Park - 10 playoff wins, 2 regional finals
Hough - 7 playoff wins, 1 regional final
Mallard Creek - 4 playoff wins, 1 regional final, 1 state championship appearance
Butler - 4 playoff wins, 1 regional final

With that said, Vance and MP have played twice in the playoffs over the last 5 years with Vance winning 2 very good football games in OT in 16 and by a touchdown in the 19 regional final. I would imagine this result would be similar to the first two games.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
You play who you play, but Myers Park has been cup caking it, in the playoffs. Put them further West. They don't have the same success. Mixing them in with MC, Hough and Vance. Different results, scratch those 2 regional finals...IMO!

Reactions: bigdadd11103
You play who you play, but Myers Park has been cup caking it, in the playoffs. Put them further West. They don't have the same success. Mixing them in with MC, Hough and Vance. Different results, scratch those 2 regional finals...IMO!
Agreed. That is why I said you definitely have to consider byes and match ups in the playoffs. This year, I would certainly say that Vance beating AK and Hough is a lot tougher than NW Guilford and Panther Creek.
I would push back on MP's last run to the Regional Final in 18. They won at Butler and at Richmond County to get there. That seems pretty legit.

Reactions: nepsy7
Agreed. That is why I said you definitely have to consider byes and match ups in the playoffs. This year, I would certainly say that Vance beating AK and Hough is a lot tougher than NW Guilford and Panther Creek.
I would push back on MP's last run to the Regional Final in 18. They won at Butler and at Richmond County to get there. That seems pretty legit.
10.4! i can agree with that.

I'm curious if the 5 players, all juniors from L.A. Cathedral High School in Cali, will return next year, to play for Myers Park? Since they'll most likely have things back to normal in California.

I'm curious if the 5 players, all juniors from L.A. Cathedral High School in Cali, will return next year, to play for Myers Park? Since they'll most likely have things back to normal in California.
Good question

Cali guys are staying put. They are not running away from a good thing.

So ur saying u have an inside scoop on a charlotte team with players from California? Ok explain how u figure they won't leave then??
You cant say the right thing to the wrong person nor say the wrong thing to the right person. I never waste my time trying to explain myself to people who are committed to misunderstanding me. I stopped that when I clearly realized you only understand from your level of perception.

Sounds like you may have it all under control

You cant say the right thing to the wrong person nor say the wrong thing to the right person. I never waste my time trying to explain myself to people who are committed to misunderstanding me. I stopped that when I clearly realized you only understand from your level of perception.

Sounds like you may have it all under control
Oh I get it. So basically say nothing but try to sound like ur saying something but really is nothing. Then turn it around like the other person is hearing nothing but ur telling them that they're hearing something that has nothing to do with what ur saying. In the end no one is saying anything...jus a sv2v or whatever u go by...waste of time and air. Gotcha.
U still know nothing about clt football jus Drake Maye and he's at carolina now...so basically nothing.

He wouldn’t know the score of the game, if he was setting 2 feet away from the scoreboard.
Remember for two years when you told the world that Drake Maye was sick, tired, and unhappy with MP and he was moving onto another High School lol 😂

According to daily living diaries, this was a fault hypothesis 🤣😅🤣😁🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Remember for two years when you told the world that Drake Maye was sick, tired, and unhappy with MP and he was moving onto another High School lol 😂

What is up with your man-boy love with Drake Maye. Kid was good hes at chapel hill now...move on. Reminds me of people who love michael jordan but don't know what team he played for and couldn't name another player who he played with. Again find what I said "he's unhappy with the coaching there...never said he hated the school...never said he hated the players..he was jus unhappy with how the coaching staffs decisions in big games." He was a HS kid so he has no say in where he went to school no matter how upset he was. So if ur gonna state facts state the truth instead of the twisted info your jaded mind thinks.

What is up with your man-boy love with Drake Maye. Kid was good hes at chapel hill now...move on. Reminds me of people who love michael jordan but don't know what team he played for and couldn't name another player who he played with. Again find what I said "he's unhappy with the coaching there...never said he hated the school...never said he hated the players..he was jus unhappy with how the coaching staffs decisions in big games." He was a HS kid so he has no say in where he went to school no matter how upset he was. So if ur gonna state facts state the truth instead of the twisted info your jaded mind thinks.
What?

You’re a loser, and Drake is gone. (EARLY) Pick a program, and stick with them. Stop being the bandwagon guy. You know absolutely nothing about what’s going on in Charlotte, or Football in general. Stop pretending. Your post are never about football. It’s like you’re lobbying to show everyone how big of a nut you are. You’ve been extremely successful with that.

Last edited:
You’re a loser, and Drake is gone. (EARLY) Pick a program, and stick with them. Stop being the bandwagon guy. You know absolutely nothing about what’s going on in Charlotte, or Football in general. Stop pretending. Your post are never about football. It’s like you’re lobbying to show everyone how big of a nut you are. You’ve been extremely successful with that.
I repeated what you stated to the world for two years and now you’re a mad person. You once again proved yourself

I repeated what you stated to the world for two years and now you’re a mad person. You once again proved yourself
He didn't say that I DID. HS football is more than jus a ONE MAN sport. Maye was a good kid but like I said HE WAS UPSET AT CHADWICK FOR NOT ADJUSTING THE GAMEPLAN VS STIFFER COMPETITION. It's easy to jus drop back and throw 400yrds vs Garinger and other average/below average teams. But vs the MC, Vance's and RC..u need to scheme better. Again he could have been venting to his fellow peers and never told his parents how unhappy he was with MP...well that's something we will never know cause he's at Chapel Hill now so MOVE ON!!!

He didn't say that I DID. HS football is more than jus a ONE MAN sport. Maye was a good kid but like I said HE WAS UPSET AT CHADWICK FOR NOT ADJUSTING THE GAMEPLAN VS STIFFER COMPETITION. It's easy to jus drop back and throw 400yrds vs Garinger and other average/below average teams. But vs the MC, Vance's and RC..u need to scheme better. Again he could have been venting to his fellow peers and never told his parents how unhappy he was with MP...well that's something we will never know cause he's at Chapel Hill now so MOVE ON!!!
And how did you end up being the most important person receiving the bad news to only turn around and post it?

And it never happened. To you it stands true. To the world, it stands as Fake News only because it never happened. It didn’t even make local news.

Last edited:
Damn Dude! He’s gone. Get over it. He was not on board like yourself about Myers Park Football. You’re 5’6” with a little man complex. Stop venting and get some help.

And how did you end up being the most important person receiving the bad news to only turn around and post it?

And it never happened. To you it stands true. To the world, it stands as Fake News only because it never happened. It didn’t even make local news.
Again...he said he was unhappy..didn't say he was going to transfer. And dude who cares...he's at chapel hill now. Ur the only one sitting in the room wearing jus a robe glamorizing a kid. He's a heck of a talent but in the end he's only 18yrs old. Keep on ur gonna get blacklisted and gonna have to register urself. Move on to another bandwagon team. Vance/Chambers HS bandwagon is full!!!

The ones commenting to s2v or any of the other names are just as bad as him. You putting gas on a fire. Hit ignored and move along.

Reactions: nepsy7
God never goes out of business. Not even under the COVID Circumstances. Why is it that we live in a society that celebrates people for being unforgiving?

Amen and Amen 🙏

God never goes out of business. Not even under the COVID Circumstances. Why is it that we live in a society that celebrates people for being unforgiving?

Amen and Amen 🙏
"What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others."

Confucius

Lol 😂 I'm done

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT