ADVERTISEMENT

Uwharrie Charter at Providence Grove

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Big game in Climax this evening. Due to the weather threat, they've moved the time up for this one. The girls start at 5:00.

Well........Uwharrie ended up taking two. Eagle girls won by 27 and the Eagle guys won by around seven. Boys game was fun to watch. Both teams definitely left everything on the floor. Great crowd tonight as well.

I'll throw in a little more detail tomorrow.....

Reactions: Hon Dines
The Uwharrie girls are just a terrible matchup for PG. PG got hurt bad both in transition and on the inside. Ashara Spruill was magnificent last night. She and Gabi Greene had their way. I saw where Spruill finished with 13. I was shocked.....it felt like she had over 20.

The boys game was definitely good entertainment. Uwharrie had a fairly decent sized lead at halftime then was able to extend it a little bit. PG then mounted a great comeback behind the play of Zander Cheek, Luke Thomas, and Zane Caudle. PG also went to some full court pressure which seemed to bother UC a little.

However, PG wasn't quite able to get over the hump and stay there. UC guard Jordan Harrison hit some big buckets in the fourth. Ashton Troutman did a little damage on the inside also during this timeframe.

Uwharrie did what good teams do......weather the storm and come out with the W. The Eagles are very good at knowing what they can do and what they can't. Harrison played a great game last night. Troutman did what Troutman does. He threw down a few two-handed slams and showed off a really nice jump hook.

That was a tough one for PG. For a split second, I thought they were going to come back and take it. That was the best game Zander Cheek's played all year. He ignited that spark. Luke Thomas never ceases to amaze me. He always seems to hit the most difficult three point shots.

I saw that. Randleman must've been red-hot from beyond the arc. This year's edition of Trinity has been rather peculiar.
MaxPreps stats has Randleman shooting 55% for the game 41% from 3 (9-21 made). Trinity losing their Senior PG in the preseason really is gonna hurt on the floor and experience factor

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
MaxPreps stats has Randleman shooting 55% for the game 41% from 3 (9-21 made). Trinity losing their Senior PG in the preseason really is gonna hurt on the floor and experience factor
Yep, Randleman did the same thing they did to ER. Yet ER stayed in the zone for the entire game.....

With regards to Trinity, I hate the fact that kid is going to miss his senior year. That's got to be killing him inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT