ADVERTISEMENT

Union academy girls?

Kevin2346

Jun 9, 2016
Anyone think they can upset Murphy? Im hoping so, so I can watch cherokee(hopefully play at union on Tuesday)

From what I seen out of Murphy this year I’d be surprised if they don’t win it all. I think Cherokee could be there match but only if Cherokee shoots great. I remember watching the first round game of Union last year. They had to do some heavy recruiting to be that much better

Should be a good game. Union Academy beat a Cuthbertson team that is still alive in 3A, plus you have to take seriously a team that blows out Bishop. I give Murphy the advantage based on size, 5 hour bus ride, and having played in a much tougher conference all year.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Should be a good game. Union Academy beat a Cuthbertson team that is still alive in 3A, plus you have to take seriously a team that blows out Bishop. I give Murphy the advantage based on size, 5 hour bus ride, and having played in a much tougher conference all year.
Agree, their schedule looked very weak

Both of those conferences full of charlotte area charters have really good boys teams and weak girls teams, look at Highlands beating the champ of the southern piedmont. I usually write them off, but Union Academy has some good wins outside their league.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I know they're down some, but the blowout of Bishop definitely caught my attention. Should be a good game.

Union is a very solid team. Played Murphy down to the wire, and actually lead for the most part. Murphy got it going in the 4th and finished it. Very good win for Murphy.

Reactions: mbdfan
Union Academy had excellent guard play, Murphy size and homecourt the difference imo.

I was impressed with Union Academy--quick, gritty, well-balanced, fundamentally sound team. Murphy didn't shoot well 1st half and had some foul trouble early, but Union Academy also gets some credit for those things. Good ballgame. Murphy did a great job capitalizing on the size advantage and got some big shots from the guards late.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT