ADVERTISEMENT

UNC & NC State to host state championships

I guess they have taken Wake Forest completely out of any championship games. Or maybe WF took themselves out.
Imagine playing in high school stadiums your entire season and then, when you make it all the way to the state championship game you go to Winston Salem and have to play in another one.

The kids deserve to play in a big time venue if they make it to the final game. Its not fair to make them play at Wake.

Imagine playing in high school stadiums your entire season and then, when you make it all the way to the state championship game you go to Winston Salem and have to play in another one.

The kids deserve to play in a big time venue if they make it to the final game. Its not fair to make them play at Wake.
Wake is a great venue for games only issue is number of locker rooms.

Reactions: btango
Wake is a great venue for games only issue is number of locker rooms.
Having turf ensured there would not be the issues faced after multi games in Kenan and Carter Finley plus the Wake athletic department put much more emphasis on the games than UNC and NC State. Duke did a great job the last few times they had games.

I loved Wake Forest/Winston Salem myself. I remembered when W-S Carver & Dudley played the 2002 3A & 3AA there. Both Fanbases show up and it was hyped, both teams was arch rivals in that Conference......but the Carver Team after winning stayed and pulled for Dudley. I wished we had one Championship in Durham. We played at NC ST, UNC AND WAKE.....Never had a chance to see Duke Stadium. Loved the Wake Stadium, much better atmosphere than UNC

I guess a 35,000 ACC stadium is not big enough for your HS team that plays in a 2000 seat stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT