ADVERTISEMENT

UNC & NC State to host state championships

I seen where someone was complaining to Deana about why not Charlotte or Boone host ships this year same thing every year. That's what they said but I'm ok with it less driving for me because Charlotte is about 3 n half hour from my home when unc n Finley only little over a hour away

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
The good news is that neither UNC or NC State have games that day. So maybe they wont have to have teams place at the crack of dawn this year.

Reactions: beamer24
I liked it so much better when we had 8 classifications. Got to watch so much more football that weekend.
Eight classifications was ridiculous. It watered down the accomplishments imho. I’m glad we went back to the way it was and I’m even more proud that ED won a championship in the four classification era.

Reactions: Oldballcoach18
Eight classifications was ridiculous. It watered down the accomplishments imho. I’m glad we went back to the way it was and I’m even more proud that ED won a championship in the four classification era.
It gave more schools a chance against competition that was more equal to them.

Reactions: beamer24
I like four for selfish reasons. Eight was too many in my opinion and I feel the same about seven. Prefer to see five next alignment then go to six if it appears to be the better option.

I can assure everyone when they go to seven the complaints will continue whether about conferences, regions, not having eight, et al.

One of two things I would like to see, align every two years or have football separated out from the other sports.

Would like to see the Eastern and Western regional finals got to the smaller college stadiums; i.e. UNCCharlotte, Elon, Campbell, NCA&T, etc.

I liked Allegacy Federal Credit Union in Winston-Salem and Wallace Wade in Durham over UNC and UNC ST. I wished N.C.A.T could have been in the mixed as well.

It gave more schools a chance against competition that was more equal to them.
Nah. If that was the case, they would have 8 classifications for all sports. It was about money. That's all.

Nah. If that was the case, they would have 8 classifications for all sports. It was about money. That's all.
I was in NCHSAA meetings where it was discussed and the option was up to the schools. When it. came down to it the schools did not want to reduce the number. The NCHSAA preferred non subdivided playoffs.

The 1A coaches led by a veteran group from the east pushed for it for their classification in 2001. An AD from a large 4A told me that he guaranteed it would be fir all classes in 2002. When I asked why he said that every Coach he knew wanted to know what their classsifucatuon did not get it.

In about 2009 the NCHSAA offered the schools the option to do football in a separate alignment. The schools were strongly against it.

The coaches and ADs do not seem to be too big on change. One of the main reasons the schools voters for more classes is because the NCHSAA had decided they would not subdivide any longer.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
I would like to see the games played at the high school. Rotate east and west sites each year. Better atmosphere than playing in a huge almost empty stadium.
The idea sounds great but the reality is not so good. I was there in the 1980’s before they went to Kenan. As much as I love the small town Friday nights it is not always the best option. With that said, I do not like State or UNC. Too large, too far away from the geographical center of the state and those s books could care less about the games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT