ADVERTISEMENT

Two conference match-ups against the same opponent?

PioneerPride11

Sep 11, 2021
I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. Watauga plays conference opponent Ashe County twice this season. As I've never seen this before, is this new to State or just because the conference size is smaller than years past? I moved out of State several years ago, so I haven't kept up with NC as much but still like to support my Pioneers. Thanks in advance for any answers to this question.

It may be to fill out their schedule they’re playing the first game as a nonconference games.

Reactions: beamer24
My guess is only the second one will b a conference game. Probably a scheduling need. Or maybe its a good gate. But it is unusual but not unheard of.

Reactions: beamer24
Hibriten is playing South Caldwell twice for the same reason. There's only 6 teams in our conference and everyone around were already playing conference games so it was the only solution. If the NCHSAA would have added 1 team to our conference we wouldn't have had the issue.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Hibriten is playing South Caldwell twice for the same reason. There's only 6 teams in our conference and everyone around were already playing conference games so it was the only solution. If the NCHSAA would have added 1 team to our conference we wouldn't have had the issue.
Ya that was my thought as well. We have enough times in the area they could have added another time. This is the smallest West conference I've ever seen, ever after going split 3A/4A.

Thanks everyone for the answers. I kind of had the same thought process, just wanted to clarify.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT