ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola season outlook

As always I'm hoping THS has a good season. I don't believe there is any turmoil, coaches move on and teachers move on and do what's best for them, just because some of you didn't get exactly what "you" think is best for the school is ridiculous. Things change and there's more turnover within school systems now than there probably ever has been. Coaches and teachers constantly look for better opportunities now days, especially in regard to pay. Furthermore, the women's basketball has been quite underwhelming for the past 13 seasons, and as far as the soccer coach, I have no clue who it even was so that tells you something. I have no problem with the new AD, he has been around a long while and coached under kiefer if I'm correct. Things will play out and just because a coach doesn't get what he wants and quits, well maybe that's not the coach we needed, and maybe the results weren't there from the weight room perspective. Players need some coaches, not good buddies to tell them how great they are, we already have too many snowflakes.

Idiot pansy dad ? Wow you must work for the enquirer magazine ! Or are you an insurance salesman ? Either or learn just cause you don’t agree with what I said . Resorting to name calling doesn’t help your case it only proves what everyone thinks .

Shouldn't matter much. According to misinterpretation they are going to run all over everyone anyway. Anyone can hand the ball off.

I mean, maybe its a good thing they give another kid a chance tbh, he did throw almost 4 times the amount of interceptions to tds, hate to lose any kids, maybe a change of scenery will be better for him.

I don't think it makes a huge difference, the backup is really good. He should have been starting last year. He's the little brother so maybe coach was afraid of hurt egos and feelings since he was a freshman.

Reactions: esah2212
They also have another kid that could step in and be a very successful QB. Not sure why he hasn’t been given an opportunity yet. According to the citizens times the little brother has been named QB before the season has even really started.

His little brother pretty much won the starting job during the ACR game last year. The announcers on the 570 radio station was wondering why he didn't start the game to begin with after he came in.

Owen98, I can't see some of the posts for some reason. I thought your comment about the Charlotte school meant it was that school not tuscola.
91, don't get me started.

Reactions: 91ths
I know you Haywood County Folks war 365 days a year. I dont really care who left transferred etc from those 2 schools. I was just curious when I saw a post about big news. I figured maybe Tuscola won an appeal on the alignment issue. Its sucks for them they lost a kid but I wont lose any sleep over it. Plus if he is going to Providence he obviously legitimately moved.

Owen98, I can't see some of the posts for some reason. I thought your comment about the Charlotte school meant it was that school not tuscola.
91, don't get me started.
You know I got to get my digs in when I can! LOL:D

He is a baseball guy with a chance to go to a couple of levels above high school. He is going to maximize his opportunities. Good for him. If Tuscola wants to keep him, then do better. I fault no kid for leaving their school to better themselves. If, insert school, takes your top player, then maybe you need to look in the mirror. Just the facts.

Reactions: footsoldier
He is a baseball guy with a chance to go to a couple of levels above high school. He is going to maximize his opportunities. Good for him. If Tuscola wants to keep him, then do better. I fault no kid for leaving their school to better themselves. If, insert school, takes your top player, then maybe you need to look in the mirror. Just the facts.
This isn’t free agency in professional sports. We’re talking 15-18 year old kids. The chance of a high school senior making MLB is 1 in 6,600. With recruiting now primarily done at college camps, transferring high schools makes no sense. He’s transferring to another public school, 3 hours away from his family. Call it what you want, I call this stupid, but then again, most parents think their kids are going to be professional athletes.

Last edited:
I know you Haywood County Folks war 365 days a year. I dont really care who left transferred etc from those 2 schools. I was just curious when I saw a post about big news. I figured maybe Tuscola won an appeal on the alignment issue. Its sucks for them they lost a kid but I wont lose any sleep over it. Plus if he is going to Providence he obviously legitimately moved.
He didn’t legitimately move. His mother owns a pharmacy in Waynesville, stepdad’s law firm is in waynesville, and his younger brothers are at Tuscola and Waynesville Middle.

Kind of strange to move that far when we have top notch Baseball programs right here in the Mountains, TC rings a bell.

Kind of strange to move that far when we have top notch Baseball programs right here in the Mountains, TC rings a bell.
TC is exactly what came to mind first for me. I heard rumors he was going to Christ School, who would have reclassified him, but 3 hours for another public school????

Reactions: esah2212
Providence has a steep baseball tradition much like TCR in this area. Their coach has been there almost 20 years and coached the US National Team to a gold medal in the Pan Am Games. It is a better opportunity to be around better coaching, better players and play much better competition. What is the big deal? I am happy for the kid.

One state championship, as far as I can tell, maybe I'm wrong. You can make the most of your opportunities just about anywhere when it comes to baseball. Just seems like alot of wishful thinking and maybe a bit of ego involved which you sometimes need as an athlete, just really doesn't make sense when it comes to baseball where most players spend their career in minor leagues playing for the Mississippi mud hens, after they get drafted in the nine thousandth round of the completely irrelavent baseball draft. I couldn't find a huge tradition of that program churning out MLB players but again I may be wrong.

The player that will replace his older brother started on varsity if I remember correctly last year in the secondary. Did a great job. He does have QB experience having led the middle school team to an undefeated record and carried that team almost singlehandedly to a couple of those wins himself (CMS might just have some recollection of that as well.) This kid is a natural athlete with size speed and power. THS will be just fine at QB if he has any help at all.

The player that will replace his older brother started on varsity if I remember correctly last year in the secondary. Did a great job. He does have QB experience having led the middle school team to an undefeated record and carried that team almost singlehandedly to a couple of those wins himself (CMS might just have some recollection of that as well.) This kid is a natural athlete with size speed and power. THS will be just fine at QB if he has any help at all.
Gave us our only L that season but that has zero impact on the here and now.

Last edited:
Yes he beat a better team almost singlehandedly. Did the same to Brevard AND Franklin. None could stop him.

Sometimes I wish Catholic was in Haywood County. Good football and great hooch plus Catholics like drinking openly. Sounds like a match.com success story.

EE86DCDB-7FB4-40E3-94A9-E056E89E449D_zpsx9n2pysu.jpeg

Sometimes I wish Catholic was in Haywood County. Good football and great hooch plus Catholics like drinking openly. Sounds like a match.com success story.

EE86DCDB-7FB4-40E3-94A9-E056E89E449D_zpsx9n2pysu.jpeg
If Footsoldier lived in Haywood County, there would be Charred all around. He is one of the greatest human beings ever. If he wants to come up for the County Clash, we all should treat him right. Hey Foot, remember the night in the Furniture Maker's parking lot after Big T beat Hibriten. Special delivery from Maggie Valley made it to Meck County. Great times my friend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT