ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble for WF coach.

Blowing a .18 is a high blood alcohol content. Very dangerous. You have to be an example for the youth when you are in a position of influencing youth. If a kid gets pulled for have ganja and gets suspended then a coach certainly should as well. We all make mistakes but this is a great time to show accountability is a must.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Blowing a .18 is a high blood alcohol content. Very dangerous. You have to be an example for the youth when you are in a position of influencing youth. If a kid gets pulled for have ganja and gets suspended then a coach certainly should as well. We all make mistakes but this is a great time to show accountability is a must.
1+

Sad? Why is it sad. He got drunk and got behind the wheel. Not sad but very stupid!

My stepson, who is training to be a policeman, says you can start showing signs of alcohol poisoning at . 20. So .18 is very high.

Originally posted by mrhonda
My stepson, who is training to be a policeman, says you can start showing signs of alcohol poisoning at . 20. So .18 is very high.
For some people. Everyone is different. I don't drink and I could get alcohol poisoning a lot easier than someone who drinks often. Body mass, metabolism, and a lot of other things factor in as well.

Originally posted by beamer24:

For some people. Everyone is different. I don't drink and I could get alcohol poisoning a lot easier than someone who drinks often. Body mass, metabolism, and a lot of other things factor in as well.
....actually beamer24 that's not so...if you way 180lb and another person who weights the same both drink the same amount at the same rate then your BAL (blood alcohol level) would be the same....now your tolerance my be different...which has no baring on the scientific equation of the BAL.....just a point...

Originally posted by raiderLAW:

....actually beamer24 that's not so...if you way 180lb and another person who weights the same both drink the same amount at the same rate then your BAL (blood alcohol level) would be the same....now your tolerance my be different...which has no baring on the scientific equation of the BAL.....just a point...
I was talking about alcohol poisoning not BAC

I was talking about alcohol poisoning not BAC
....ummm...ok??...yet again see above....

Were getting off topic here but a persons Metabolic rate and size has a lot to do with how fast a persons body can dispose of alcohol. Whether or not a person has ate also controls how quickly or slowly the alcohol is digested.

Example a 100 lb female who drinks 5 drinks in 2 hours on a empty stomach has a greater chance of getting Alcohol Poisoning than a 250 man who drinks the exact same amount in the same time frame on a full stomach.

Not trying to get in a pissing match but just because someone's BAC was .18 doesn't mean they were close to alcohol poisoning.

Were getting off topic here but a persons Metabolic rate and size has a lot to do with how fast a persons body can dispose of alcohol. Whether or not a person has ate also controls how quickly or slowly the alcohol is digested.

Example a 100 lb female who drinks 5 drinks in 2 hours on a empty stomach has a greater chance of getting Alcohol Poisoning than a 250 man who drinks the exact same amount in the same time frame on a full stomach.

Not trying to get in a pissing match but just because someone's BAC was .18 doesn't mean they were close to alcohol poisoning.
...food on the stomach only slows the process of the alcohol into the bloodstream....but it gets there nonetheless....glad to see you "googled" the topic and did your homework though....

...food on the stomach only slows the process of the alcohol into the bloodstream....but it gets there nonetheless....glad to see you "googled" the topic and did your homework though....
I didn't google anything its in my Intoxilyzer manual.

I didn't google anything its in my Intoxilyzer manual.
...remember..it's a instrument...not a machine.....
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT