Tough Stadium to WIN at in HS FB

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
At the College level you have

Penn State - White out
Alabama - Rarely loses at Home
Clemson - 62-1 from 2013-2022 at home
Etc

So Who has the toughest environment to Win?

I maybe a little bias but Coach Joe Popp Stadium is a hard place to win at When Mooresville is Good. The Crowd , the Atmosphere is 2nd to none and Our Home Record is pretty decent which idk what it is but I know there been stretch where we lose 1 maybe 2 at most in a season at Home

Catholic - I never been but what I been and seen and all is - Being up close and how smallish the Venue is it’s the football version of Duke’s Cameron Indoor. Catholic is loud and they have a great Home Fan base

Richmond - Nothing like Raider Magic ; Raider with the new light that flash off n on and Richmond when good is one of the best in NC.

Scotland: That video board ; The loudness of the Intro video and Music and How the stadium is designed- The sounds stays within. Scotland is a great Home Venue and They rock out.

I’m sure Crest , King Mtns , Burns , Shelby, AC Reynolds are all prob in the mix bc they have great football every yr and I’m sure at home
They rock out!

What Venue do u believe is the toughest Venue to win at?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I would think in Mtn areas

Robbinsville
Mtn Heritage
AC Reynolds
Cherokee

Eastern NC

Havelock
New Bern
Northeastern
Hoggard?

Not sure, not a regular there. Thomasville fan. However, when I attended the two games this year at Clinton, their home side was packed so I could see some of their fans moving over there vs standing whole game.

My one time there (Clinton) was in 2001. They had a group of fans that would sit on visitor side every game, no matter how many were on home side.

Let's be real, there isnt much of a home field advantage in high school ball. Anyone can come into your turf and beat you on any given night and the crowd isn't going to have much of any say.

Having a talented team will turn out more fans and noise always helps. Talent is what makes the most difference.

Let's be real, there isnt much of a home field advantage in high school ball. Anyone can come into your turf and beat you on any given night and the crowd isn't going to have much of any say.

Having a talented team will turn out more fans and noise always helps. Talent is what makes the most difference.
I think it helps at times but I agree Home field advantage isn’t as big as college but still helps and all imo

I remember concord a few years ago had to play host to South Iredell so they soaked their field so game day it was pure mud so That’s home field advantage right there so if south was at home then they could of done the same or didn’t have play in pure mud

I think it helps at times but I agree Home field advantage isn’t as big as college but still helps and all imo

I remember concord a few years ago had to play host to South Iredell so they soaked their field so game day it was pure mud so That’s home field advantage right there so if south was at home then they could of done the same or didn’t have play in pure mud
Watering the field.. that's not home field advantage, that's just bad sportsmanship and should be outlawed by the NCHSAA.

Watering the field.. that's not home field advantage, that's just bad sportsmanship and should be outlawed by the NCHSAA.
It gave them a advantage 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe bad look but they did it - I remember that field vividly bc I was allowed on it before the game n it was pure mud

In the last few years Grimsley has gotten high seeds for the playoffs, and have won almost every game they played at home. But when their luck runs out on seeding advantage, or they make it to a neutral site for the championship, they seem to loose.

Admittedly there are not many years in this short term trend for Grimsley.

Last edited:

Concord can’t do that anymore with the new turf field.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
The old maiden stadium was awesome and tough environment. Tunnel under bleachers home side was right on top of the field no space between. The visitor team could feel them breathing on them 🤣. And the environment was tense and fun as hell.

Starmount is an interesting place to play at when the fog rolls in. I remember a maiden game up there, fog rolls in and the game is being played but we can't see anything that's happening on the field lol. Not sure anyone on the field could see what was happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT