ADVERTISEMENT

Top Two Teams in Each Conference for Upcoming Season

In the Mid-Piedmont, I think North Forsyth will be the top dog. They have a good one-two punch that'll be tough for many conference foes to overcome. As for the other team, I'm not sure. If they get good point guard play, I kind of like Asheboro.

The Mid-State will be kind of interesting. I think Northern Guilford will be a top team. They'll have a nice, balanced lineup led by smooth jump-shooting Andy Pack.

As for the second team, I'm torn between Eastern Guilford and Eastern Alamance. EG will have a few guys that can really get up/down the floor. EA's got Hayden Mann and that quick PG coming back. However, can they replace three very good players?

In the Southern Piedmont, I'll say Cox Mill and JM Robinson simply for two reasons. Lavar Batts is still wearing a JMR uni and Wendell Moore is still wearing a Cox Mill uni.

Actually, make that three reasons. Leaky Black is no longer at Concord.

In the Big Eight, I'll take Southern Durham definitely. They'll be a fun team to watch. They've got a good chance to do some great things.

As for the second team, I'm not quite sure. I'll take Orange simply for the fact that they'll have two tall, good versatile players in Logan Vosburg and Connor Crabtree. If they can get some guys to complement those two, they'll be interesting.

The Mid-State will be kind of interesting. I think Northern Guilford will be a top team. They'll have a nice, balanced lineup led by smooth jump-shooting Andy Pack.

As for the second team, I'm torn between Eastern Guilford and Eastern Alamance. EG will have a few guys that can really get up/down the floor. EA's got Hayden Mann and that quick PG coming back. However, can they replace three very good players?

Agreed that Northern Guilford will probably be the team to beat for the Mid-State 3A. Thankfully Jonathan Kingsley didn't contribute much to varsity b-ball so losing him has no effect. :) Losing Reed, Lamot, and J Mann is going to hurt, but EA should still have a strong presence. I haven't heard a lot about EG, but since their 2 leading scorers were sophomores last year, I have a feeling they most definitely will be a force to be reckoned with.

Saw both Eastern Guilford and Western Guilford last night. Great game. Both teams have some quality players. Both teams will have a decent say in who wins their respective conferences.

Agreed that Northern Guilford will probably be the team to beat for the Mid-State 3A. Thankfully Jonathan Kingsley didn't contribute much to varsity b-ball so losing him has no effect. :) Losing Reed, Lamot, and J Mann is going to hurt, but EA should still have a strong presence. I haven't heard a lot about EG, but since their 2 leading scorers were sophomores last year, I have a feeling they most definitely will be a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, I'm also interested as to how EA looks. Those three you mentioned will be tough to replace. I thought Jacob Mann was a very underrated ballplayer.

Yeah, I'm also interested as to how EA looks. Those three you mentioned will be tough to replace. I thought Jacob Mann was a very underrated ballplayer.
He was(is) a work horse. I'll miss watching him play this year, as I am personally invested. I'm his mom.... oh yeah, and that Hayden kid's too. ;)

In the Mid-Piedmont, I think North Forsyth will be the top dog. They have a good one-two punch that'll be tough for many conference foes to overcome. As for the other team, I'm not sure. If they get good point guard play, I kind of like Asheboro.
North Forsyth should win this conference, hands down. As far as Asheburr finishing second, I seriously doubt it, although it's hard to tell with the cream puff schedule they insist on playing year after year after year, plus they lost the two players they had to graduation. The Bleu Komets load up on 2-A teams for their non-conference schedule every year, as there is evidently no shame in their game. During Christmas, Asheburr holds its Courier Tribune Tourney featuring six 2-A teams and Southwestern Randolph, a school that would find competing in 1-A challenging. I think Western Guilford will come in second, and except for SW Randolph, you can toss the rest in a hat

North Forsyth should win this conference, hands down. As far as Asheburr finishing second, I seriously doubt it, although it's hard to tell with the cream puff schedule they insist on playing year after year after year, plus they lost the two players they had to graduation. The Bleu Komets load up on 2-A teams for their non-conference schedule every year, as there is evidently no shame in their game. During Christmas, Asheburr holds its Courier Tribune Tourney featuring six 2-A teams and Southwestern Randolph, a school that would find competing in 1-A challenging. I think Western Guilford will come in second, and except for SW Randolph, you can toss the rest in a hat

As a Randolph County guy, I will say that it is a bummer watching RC teams play each other possibly four/five times a year. I don't know, there might not be anything they can do about it (or they might prefer it that way).

As for Asheboro, you're right......they will miss Jones and Dunn a lot. However, they did gain a pretty good post player via transfer. Like I mentioned before, if their backcourt comes to play.....I don't think second place is out of the question. If not, quien sabe....

I do like Western Guilford's chances for second also. I love Demetrious Butler's game. Speaking of him, here's a cool fact that ties into Randolph County.......his dad, Ron, played for Eastern Randolph back in the early 90's. He gets his skills honestly.

Eastern Alamance plays their first game tomorrow night at McMichael. I've heard the new transfer is a really good player and will be a solid addition to the starting 5 with Mann, Williams, Alston, and Thompson.
EA plays Northern Guilford on Dec. 13th. I am excited about this one.
EA and EG don't meet up until after the holidays.
Looking forward to another great season!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT