ADVERTISEMENT

Top 50 All Time

This may make no sense but I feel like this is really subjective. It seems like High School Football is so different between states it's difficult to compare. And this list based mostly on wins. And that makes sense but you have some schools playing for over 100 years & some obviously a lot less. Then you have states where the rules surrounding off-season activities are so different from others also

Reactions: Wow71
This may make no sense but I feel like this is really subjective. It seems like High School Football is so different between states it's difficult to compare. And this list based mostly on wins. And that makes sense but you have some schools playing for over 100 years & some obviously a lot less. Then you have states where the rules surrounding off-season activities are so different from others also

There’s nothing subjective about this. MaxPreps isn’t giving you their opinion on the best 50 programs. They literally tell you this is a list of teams ranked by number of wins.

There’s nothing subjective about this. MaxPreps isn’t giving you their opinion on the best 50 programs. They literally tell you this is a list of teams ranked by number of wins.
Exactly my point. It's based on number of wins, whether a school has been playing for 100 years or 50 years. Ofcourse "newer" schools won't have the same number of wins all-time but you could argue they are "better".

But I will say when I originally read the article I didn't even notice the "ranked on wins" part... My bad lol

Reactions: strikerHHS
Exactly my point. It's based on number of wins, whether a school has been playing for 100 years or 50 years. Ofcourse "newer" schools won't have the same number of wins all-time but you could argue they are "better".

But I will say when I originally read the article I didn't even notice the "ranked on wins" part... My bad lol

right. you could definitely make the argument why even do this because it’s nearly impossible to find an apples to apples comparison across all 50 states

it really should be titled 50 winningest programs

Reactions: notanyonesfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT