ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night Varsity Scores "Got Some Finals "

Huge Wow!! This could be a big program boost for the "Eagles". Have not been around Wayne County football for quite some time. Never been much there. I believe Rosewood was the last Wayne Co team to compete in a State Championship I think in 81 when they lost pretty big to Robbinsville. .

Rosewood made it to the finals again in 91, and lost pretty bad to Murphy. Southern Wayne also played Edenton to a tie in the 2A East title game 1967, back when there was only an east and a west champ. That's the closest thing I could find to a state title for a Wayne County school.

Last edited:
East Surry - 54 - South Stokes - 6 - Final
Rosewood made it to the finals again in 91, and lost pretty bad to Murphy. Southern Wayne also played Edenton to a tie in the 2A East title game 1967, back when there was only an east and a west champ. That's the closest thing I could find to a state title for a Wayne County school.

Yea I forgot about the 91 Rosewood team. Was Pope still coaching then?

1AA is not wide open..... it still belong to Kenan and Wallace Rose Hill. I seriously doubt anyone from West will be on same level as them. Hey big Congrats to Rosewood.... these upsets are great and it is more common than you think in HS. It might wake Kenan up and they will be "mad"?

The top four seeds can go to anybody in 1AA East...JK,Rosewood,WRH,Tarboro,Riverside,East Carteret,and if Whiteville go east also...All depends on who wins they conference...

coach pope retired from coaching in 1988, coach joe mcullen coached the 1991 rswd team. coach pope died 7 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT