ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the SMC

Lol. Sorry my friend, I have to disagree on two of the best and don’t know which two you were speaking of. Congratulations on winning a Undefeated Conference Championship and good luck the rest of the way. Andrews has another battle tonight in Murphy
Wildcat10fan,

Please refrain from using officials names in your post.

High School OT projections from Sunday have Murphy in “first five out,” but not sure what beating Andrews would do to their MaxPreps ranking.
Moot point, couldn't beat Hiwassee Dam at home tonight. Extremely frustrating, would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not in the slightest.

So they Flip a coin rather than go by overall record?

Overall record is never used as a conference tie breaker. The tie breakers are:

1 Head to Head (In this case, split with each other)
2. Records vs other conference teams starting at the top and moving down. Both teams had 2 losses to Murphy, one to Cherokee, split with each other and 1 loss to Rosman.
3. Coin Flip or Drawing.

Last edited:
Swain 100 Knights 90....Swain still butthurt from football and wrestling lol! Real classy by a few coaches and administrators tonight to let kids stand in the middle of the court with megaphone and yell at the visitors and players as they left the court! Takes away from a great game to say the least!

Does anyone know the schedule for the tourney?

Will be determined tomorrow. Apparently the debate is if to play 4/5 match ups Friday and then 2/7 and 3/6 on Saturday or 2/7 Saturday and push 3/6 to Monday.

Last edited:
Really think conferences should start using Maxpreps rankings to break ties, not a fan of coin flips or drawing straws when there is a better method available.

Not sure drawings are the best, but I do have a real problem with maxpreps. No better example than when Robbinsville was ranked #2 and has losses to Rosman and Hayesville.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Moot point, couldn't beat Hiwassee Dam at home tonight. Extremely frustrating, would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not in the slightest.
3 games in s row extremely hard fought game sgainst Andrews, then you have to get back up the next night to play a fired up HD team, no legs for the Dogs.

Swain 100 Knights 90....Swain still butthurt from football and wrestling lol! Real classy by a few coaches and administrators tonight to let kids stand in the middle of the court with megaphone and yell at the visitors and players as they left the court! Takes away from a great game to say the least!
Are you aware to the fact that a Robbinsville player was referring to a Swain player with brain cancer as "brain tumor?" I'm typically not one to point out "class" when referring to a bunch of teenage kids but I don't think Swain was showing any less class than Robbinsville. As far as the score, it was 100-86, some would classify that as a pretty close game.

Notice I didn’t mention the kids at any point in my post? Kids will be kids! No excuse for an adult to allow what went down or at least attempt to get ahold of the situation. Seems to be a thing over there anymore though with your MDN announcers and your PA announcer who made cracks about our facilities and technology several times last night. By the way, I wonder how much the bad people of Robbinsville donated to the Collins medical fund last night?

Kids will be kids!
I can't agree there, a high school aged kid should have more than enough self awareness not to say something like that, if that's true.

All kids wil say and do dumb things but that's above and beyond, it's sadistic. If my high school aged son were to ever say something like that to a kid fighting cancer he would get the piss slapped out of him, period.

Last edited:
Like I said, again, I’m not talking about kids, I would never condone that statement, not sure I can make that any clearer. When I say kids will be kids, I’m talking about these student sections in our league that are getting worse and worse on making things personal!

Notice I didn’t mention the kids at any point in my post? Kids will be kids! No excuse for an adult to allow what went down or at least attempt to get ahold of the situation. Seems to be a thing over there anymore though with your MDN announcers and your PA announcer who made cracks about our facilities and technology several times last night. By the way, I wonder how much the bad people of Robbinsville donated to the Collins medical fund last night?
So what are your thoughts on the robbinsville coach continuing to allow that kid to play. Or pressing full court with their starters when Swain had substituted heavily? What our two communities did for the Collins family last night is remarkable and touching. But for you to sit there and bash swain for not showing class bc they let our student section be a student is laughable. Sorry your team loss and your panties got in a wod. There is such a thing as home court advantage. Robbinsville has it just like the majority of the schools in our conference.

Reactions: BraveNation15
So what are your thoughts on the robbinsville coach continuing to allow that kid to play. Or pressing full court with their starters when Swain had substituted heavily? What our two communities did for the Collins family last night is remarkable and touching. But for you to sit there and bash swain for not showing class bc they let our student section be a student is laughable. Sorry your team loss and your panties got in a wod. There is such a thing as home court advantage. Robbinsville has it just like the majority of the schools in our conference.
Not sure what your point is about pressing full court with starters when swain had substituted.... the objective is to win the game and if Robbinsville is down, why wouldn’t you press?? If the swain coach wants to substitute, that’s on him. He can put his starters back in if needed... can’t blame Robbinsville or the coach for trying to win the game.. you’ll just have to get over that I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Not sure what you’re talking about in letting that kid play? And I assure you I’m not mad that we lost, I mean we’ve only won what? 3 games this year? And if your idea of a home court advantage is a group of kids that continuously make fun of a kid because he is short, or his haircut, or anything else of personal appearance, then maybe you should look in the mirror!

Not sure what your point is about pressing full court with starters when swain had substituted.... the objective is to win the game and if Robbinsville is down, why wouldn’t you press?? If the swain coach wants to substitute, that’s on him. He can put his starters back in if needed... can’t blame Robbinsville or the coach for trying to win the game.. you’ll just have to get over that I guess
Well if you’ll read back a few posts she was complaining about scoring Swain scoring 100 and how it also was lacking class. Typically when one team pretty much has the game in hand both teams will sub to get kids in that typically don’t get to play but work. My question is why would Swain stop trying to score and let the other team continue to score and get the game back within reach.

Not sure what you’re talking about in letting that kid play? And I assure you I’m not mad that we lost, I mean we’ve only won what? 3 games this year? And if your idea of a home court advantage is a group of kids that continuously make fun of a kid because he is short, or his haircut, or anything else of personal appearance, then maybe you should look in the mirror!
Ok this is where it’s skewed. Your coach continued to let a player play after he referred to a swain player as “brain tumor.” But you’re upset that Swain’s admin didn’t stand in our student section and hold their hands to make sure they didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. Stop being a snowflake and being offended by the actions of a few teenagers.

I was referring to the stuff after the game. I never heard our kid say that and you didn’t either. Move along.

Reactions: BK13T-$
From what I understand the rville coach got upset with Cherokee last year for pressing when they were up by 30. The only difference was, Cherokee was playing 2nd and 3rd string players and rville was still running starters and still lost by 20+.

I'm all for student sections there are far worse things kids 15-18 year olds could do. I love the aspect of cheering for your team. Thats what creates home court advantages.

For goodness sake goto Cherokee and see if the whole town doesn't show up. As far as fan bases. The Cherokee people have the strongest fan bases of the conference. And its not students, it's parents and people from the town. They get very loud lol it creates momentum. Which is Awesome!! I wish every town could do that.

So what Hayesville has done is create a student section to get a home court advantage. Just like other teams in the state or anywhere else has done. Although pointing out any player ,coach or official is crossing the line. Student sections are a good thing guys! Even though I'm not a big basketball fan I love seeing kids getting involved watching the games.

I'm all for student sections there are far worse things kids 15-18 year olds could do. I love the aspect of cheering for your team. Thats what creates home court advantages.

For goodness sake goto Cherokee and see if the whole town doesn't show up. As far as fan bases. The Cherokee people have the strongest fan bases of the conference. And its not students, it's parents and people from the town. They get very loud lol it creates momentum. Which is Awesome!! I wish every town could do that.

So what Hayesville has done is create a student section to get a home court advantage. Just like other teams in the state or anywhere else has done. Although pointing out any player ,coach or official is crossing the line. Student sections are a good thing guys! Even though I'm not a big basketball fan I love seeing kids getting involved watching the games.
It'd be different if they actually cheered for both teams but they sit mostly silent when the girls play. A true student section would cheer for all teams. Secondly, they harass players, especially when playing Cherokee, and officials more than anything rather than actually cheering for their team.

Does anyone know the schedule for the tourney?

Varsity Boys

.................................................1. Hayesville
.............................................. Swain/Murphy ....
....................................................Mon.8pm
4. Swain
5. Murphy Friday 8pm

2. Cherokee Saturday1:30..............................Cheroe/Rosman
7. Rosman
.................................... ........ Tuesday 8pm

3.Andrews........................Andrews/Robbinsville
6. Rville...sat 4:30

Last edited:
Varsity Girls

.............................................................1. Murphy vs ........................................................ S or R /Mon .................................................................6:30
4. Rville/ 5. Swain sat3pm

2. Chero/ 7. Andrews sat noon

3. Hville/ 6. Rosman Friday/time?...........2 or 7 ...............................................................3.H-Ville ..................................................Tuesday6:30

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
It wasn’t the subs doing the bombing. It was a heated game and obviously there was a lot said by both teams that shouldn’t have been. How the situation at the end of the game was handled is my problem. And student sections are great, as long as it doesn’t become personal like calling kids by name or making fun of their appearance! Cheer for your team, make noise when the other team is at the foul line, you can’t do that chants, etc...but don’t call a kid by name over and over and over! This is how a big problem begins!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT