ADVERTISEMENT

Thekidd12

wncbowhunter

Dec 21, 2002
Yeah this is off topic so remove if you need.

Hey Kidd next time you squeeze on a big old deer, keep us mountain folks in mind. Gonna have to live deer season through you and other for a while. Man with the state of things here deer is way down my list of priorities. Hopefully will get to go a day or 2 next month but who know at this time.

Even football can’t take priority for me at this time. Can’t say how happy I am that a few schools up here are trying to resume the season and give the young folks something to take their mind off the devastation.

Go Mountaineers and “flat lander deer killers”

Hey Kidd next time you squeeze on a big old deer, keep us mountain folks in mind. Gonna have to live deer season through you and other for a while. Man with the state of things here deer is way down my list of priorities. Hopefully will get to go a day or 2 next month but who know at this time.

Even football can’t take priority for me at this time. Can’t say how happy I am that a few schools up here are trying to resume the season and give the young folks something to take their mind off the devastation.

There is a processor down here who is giving good deals on donated deer to take to the mtns. I just have not had a chance to get in woods but this cold weather has me thinking real serious about it.

Brother I completely understand where your priorities lie and I am so sorry that you and any family or friends are having to endure such. I cannot imagine what you guys are going through.
Please know you’re in the hearts and minds of folks throughout the state. Truckloads of donations have been collected and sent from even us “flatlanders”.
As far as the deer goes, you know I don’t do much string and stick but that smoke pole has been zeroed and ready to go. I don’t usually think of anything when getting ready to pull the trigger except for aiming small. This year however sir, you will definitely be right with me if I’m lucky enough to do so.
Take some time if you can and at least get in the woods a little. Best therapy there has ever been is watching Mother Nature at work. Makes me feel both small and happy at the same time.

Thoughts and prayers def go out to the mountain folk….hey Kidd why does muzzleloader open November 2nd this year? Isn’t that late for the central area?
Usually are two weeks of muzzle loader before gun season starts, Sometimes that comes in late October but more often around first of November, Rifle comes in on baby boy's birthday this year. The year he was born was the day after and I only hunted in morning...

What?
It was our third child. She was fine...

Trout fishing is over for a long time too. Rivers are all gutted and full of sediment. Hatcheries washed away.

speaking of fishing anyone know of any good carp ponds? Like where they fish for money?
Thanks for the laugh, Granpa, but it seems like the fishing for carp for cash subsided in the late 1960's
P.S. The drummer for The Guess Who, Garry Peterson, originally from Winnipeg, Canada, has been a resident of Greensboro, N.C. for decades after he met a local maiden at the Greensboro Coliseum when he was performing with Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

Think a lot of the ones around Surry county switched to cat fish. Not sure if still open
I may have never had deer meat but now I love and have eaten plenty of catfish and love salt & pepper catfish !
I just don't know of many places in Mount Airy that serve it besides The Derby and Libby Hill Seafood. The best I have ever eaten was at a restaurant in Boone, NC

I may have never had deer meat but now I love and have eaten plenty of catfish and love salt & pepper catfish !
I just don't know of many places in Mount Airy that serve it besides The Derby and Libby Hill Seafood. The best I have ever eaten was at a restaurant in Boone, NC
Wait yall got a Libby Hill???
Used to be one on Old 220 heading into Greensboro. Took the children when they were little sometimes. Made them order one combo plate and divide it. ( yeah I’m cheap)
Was one in Burlington for a short while.
Both are closed now.
It’s ok. Children are grown and gone from the house.
Bet they get their own whole plates now 😂

Wait yall got a Libby Hill???
Used to be one on Old 220 heading into Greensboro. Took the children when they were little sometimes. Made them order one combo plate and divide it. ( yeah I’m cheap)
Was one in Burlington for a short while.
Both are closed now.
It’s ok. Children are grown and gone from the house.
Bet they get their own whole plates now 😂
Kidd you ever eat at Bonnie kays?

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT