ADVERTISEMENT

The truth about Albemarle!!!! Northeastern cometdogs

Thomasville looking for replacement for Albemarle on the schedule fir the next two seasons.

I think the stadium at Albemarle would be used for football while soccer would take over North's Norris Jeffrey Stadium.

Unless the building is sold it will still belong to the school system. If it is sold they may have a usage agreement in the contract. I would think the gym could be used for practices which is helpful with four hoops teams and occasional weeknight restling matches.

Originally posted by btango:
Unless the building is sold it will still belong to the school system. If it is sold they may have a usage agreement in the contract. I would think the gym could be used for practices which is helpful with four hoops teams and occasional weeknight restling matches.
Are you talking about AHS? If so, the building being sold is not even a possibility. Plan A makes it the Magnet School and they will have PE so the gym, wt room, fields & track will be used. Plan B (not likely) calls for Albemarle Middle to be moved to the high school and again will still be used. Of course, if things remain as is, there will be no change in existing use.

TW

Originally posted by Trench Warrior:

Originally posted by btango:
Are you talking about AHS? If so, the building being sold is not even a possibility. Plan A makes it the Magnet School and they will have PE so the gym, wt room, fields & track will be used. Plan B (not likely) calls for Albemarle Middle to be moved to the high school and again will still be used. Of course, if things remain as is, there will be no change in existing use.

TW
The person asked who would handle maintaining the school. This goes for any school within the Stanly County Schools system The system would be responsible for any facilities unless they are sold. Regardless of what grades go to the school or if it shuttered it will be the responsibility of SCS.

I was actually asking who would maintain the sports facilities (especially the football stadium). I almost guarantee you that the funds would not be matched by what was currently being spent by AHS. Therefore creating a Huge decline in any or all sports facilities at that location.

Originally posted by Abiggdogg11:
I was actually asking who would maintain the sports facilities (especially the football stadium). I almost guarantee you that the funds would not be matched by what was currently being spent by AHS. Therefore creating a Huge decline in any or all sports facilities at that location.
As TW pointed out the school building would still be used. Based on my knowledge of the two stadiums I would think Albemarle would be used for football. If so it would be the "new" school and the coaching staff's job to maintain the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT