ADVERTISEMENT

The sad, sad state of Davie Football

Devildude77

May 14, 2024
What in the world has happened to a once proud and strong Davie County program? Seems like with one high school and the quality of athletes that they have they should be better. Being blown out week after week. There seems to be a lot of upset folks in the community from what I hear and see on the ole Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I certainly understand the disappointment, Davie did NOT want another High School being built a decade ago and fought hard to keep the school 4-A and they won that battle because the plans were to build a new school along with old Davie HS making Davie a 2-A school along with the other new 2-A school.

Now, They have one Big Brand New School now and they are getting hammered weekly and the past 3 years haven't been good. I don't think it's the coach.... I really don't...He develops great QB's(Chris Reynolds, Nate Hampton and others) The student enrollment is still the same, so somebody needs to do a deep dive in that area and figure it out.

I do think they aren't as talented for some reason. I'm not sure how the youth football programs are working out/molding kids which could be the problem. Something has definitely changed.

The last great team was the Chris Reynolds(QB UNCC) teams.... but Davie had more talent years ago and some went on to play college ball back then. They were always BIG, had players like the the Barber Twins(WVA). Some real Dawgs.

I hope they figure it out because that fanbase deserves a great team.

Last edited:
For the past several years Davie County has always had offense that can score points very quickly, but lack of importance on defense. It was never boring watching a Davie County game. This year i don't what the story is with Davie. What does Davie County feeder look like coming up from the Middle Schools?

For the past several years Davie County has always had offense that can score points very quickly, but lack of importance on defense. It was never boring watching a Davie County game. This year i don't what the story is with Davie. What does Davie County feeder look like coming up from the Middle Schools?
Kelly Holder's(former Mt Airy coach) son was the offensive coordinator last year. He is now at East Surry and it probably hurt to lose him. They outscored some teams last year.

Who is this gentleman, and what is his relationship to the program?
I’m not sure but if u go to the page - He talks bout the issues I guess the parents and community has

Also he a parents of the team and he may be a sponsor of the program maybe ? But I’m not sure

Davie County had a freshman quarterback break a school record for passing yards earlier this season. That's about all that I'll say about this
Yes and the freshman hasn’t done much since. He has no blocking and the scheme is the same weekly. He dominated in his debut when there was no film on him. As soon as opponents were able to scout him, his coaches haven’t adjusted and the poor kid is running for his life play after play.

Coming into the season the local paper was lauding the defense and how great it would be compared to years past. Those players are exhausted because they are on the field so much. The offense can’t sustain drives and the defense isn’t sound.

The future looks very bright for this school/county... My son played Middle School Football against all three teams in that county... All three teams are stacked with talent... Watch out !!!

Yes and the freshman hasn’t done much since. He has no blocking and the scheme is the same weekly. He dominated in his debut when there was no film on him. As soon as opponents were able to scout him, his coaches haven’t adjusted and the poor kid is running for his life play after play.

Coming into the season the local paper was lauding the defense and how great it would be compared to years past. Those players are exhausted because they are on the field so much. The offense can’t sustain drives and the defense isn’t sound.
Damn Sounds like you need to Coach! You should apply for the Head Job when it opens!

After watching the video. I don't know the inside operation to what goes on with Davie County football program. It would take a whole lot of series hail rasing from the Community to remove a HC and couple other Assistants. After all just 1 bad season. From previous years if Davie County would have had a better defense to go with that high power offense. Davie County might would have been a scary good team in 4A. Time will tell for Davie County.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT