ADVERTISEMENT

The coach at Crest just resigned

So Barnes got there twice and won both of them right didn't Stuart get there four or five times in one two or three
Stuart won 2, Kirby won 2, Barnes won 1, Clark won 1. Stuart took 2 teams to title game, Kirby took 3 or 4 teams to title game. Barnes took them every year he was coach but 1. Clark took them to 1 title game.

So Barnes got there twice and won both of them right didn't Stuart get there four or five times in one two or three
First off it was my opinion. Stewart was great. No doubt but he had the best talent that had ever came through. Barnes can make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

Stewart got there twice and won 2 if you you’re going to get at me at least have your facts in order

Come on Rulz!! "Making chicken salad out of chicken crap", that's a little extreme for any coach at Crest. They have some of the best talent in the state year in and year out!!! If Barnes would have done better than 12-12 at Brevard, now that would maybe be considered "making chicken salad out of chicken crap", but he had plenty of talent at ole Crest.

Come on Rulz!! "Making chicken salad out of chicken crap", that's a little extreme for any coach at Crest. They have some of the best talent in the state year in and year out!!! If Barnes would have done better than 12-12 at Brevard, now that would maybe be considered "making chicken salad out of chicken crap", but he had plenty of talent at ole Crest.
Ok. I appreciate your unsolicited testimonial.

I never said we didn't have talent. I can say if Barnes would have had a QB in a lot of the years he coached us to the State Championship game with subpar play at the position the run would have been phenominal instead of awesome.

I'll go ahead and digress and let you guru's have at it. Before I do. Out of the pool of candidates that I have heard are in the running for the job. It's my PERSONAL opinion that he's the best of the bunch and it isn't close.

Could I be wrong..........?Absoloutely. I'm going to go play retro-bowl college edition now. I'm in my 54th overtime against the Catholic school South Bend and I don't know if I should go for 2 and try to win myself or just hope they mess up.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Kings Mountain playing Kings Mountain-West Chargers in the very near future 😎
Yeah it looks like the could not get the numbers right with Barnes. So they’ll just settle and go backwards

But in order for your joke to be effective you’d have to be relevant. You’re not. Not even with Mo Howard as your coach.

0 for 106 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Yeah it looks like the could not get the numbers right with Barnes. So they’ll just settle and go backwards

But in order for your joke to be effective you’d have to be relevant. You’re not. Not even with Mo Howard as your coach.

0 for 106 years.
If GL is hired as head coach, do you think the a good number of assistant coaches will stay? Crest always seems to have a great supporting cast, I just wonder who would look elsewhere.

If GL is hired as head coach, do you think the a good number of assistant coaches will stay? Crest always seems to have a great supporting cast, I just wonder who would look elsewhere.
I don’t know. None of us do. They wanted Barnes. A lot of us wanted Barnes.

I’m just worried about playing an overtime game. They should just go get Roy Kirby to coach the defense. Get those retro jerseys with Crest on the back of them again and play Ric Flair’s theme song for the entrance music.

At this point. I wish they’d just forgive Otis

0 for 106 years.
We been going backwards with the last three coaches maybe this will be steps forward

I think this is a great opportunity to groom the next Crest coach after Lloyd or to allow a future young candidate coaching somewhere else to get a little more seasoned.

I don’t know. None of us do. They wanted Barnes. A lot of us wanted Barnes.

I’m just worried about playing an overtime game. They should just go get Roy Kirby to coach the defense. Get those retro jerseys with Crest on the back of them again and play Ric Flair’s theme song for the entrance music.

At this point. I wish they’d just forgive Otis
We will probably hear you over at Shelby screaming go for 2 coach. Forgive Otis 😂

I think Crest is gonna go with Shelbys coaching motto and keep it in the family in the future.. when you go outside the box you just become a step ladder for Coaches

Barnes was outside the Box? Heck Greg turned it down and you got one of the best Coaches in the state at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT