ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs West Montgomery

This game will be similar to last years State title game and possibly more lopsided . Tarboro may not be as good as last years WRH ( they may be) , but IMO WM is quite a bit weaker than last year . A team doesn’t lose Jo Leake, Morrison , Dozier , Woodward , Allen and several others and not feel the difference . Then you add losing Eddins ( along with several staff members) and the drop off is significant . WM will compete hard and I hope they do well, but it most likely will be lopsided.

Reactions: dogs79
I actually like the WM offense better this year. But they aren’t close to last year. And Tarboro is loaded. WM needs to force some turnovers and limit the big plays. If not it will be a long night down there. Holmes may be able to play with Tarboro. I’m quite sure Murphy and Mount Airy can.

These other teams y'all mention aren't much different than WM and not even sure they would beat West. So in my opinion I think this is a game to see if anyone has a chance. If WM can give Tarboro a game and compete, I see the West doing the same. If not I expect same results from here on out. WM is just as good as these others team at this point of the season. The State will be keeping an eye on this game no doubt!

After this game win or lose, those that see the Warriors are gonna say they are better than we expected. This could possibly be WM last chance to compete after Thanksgiving giving they only have one more year of a long and history rich program. The Warriors will come to play! Good luck to both Teams! Hoping the Warriors bring a game to THS!

No surprise here, WM a solid team when comparing to most 1-AA teams, but Tarboro and the top teams from the East year after year play at a different level.

I’ll hold my opinion until after next weeks game, but I do remember hearing the same sort of talk in 2010 when Murphy met WRH in the finals and everyone said Murphy would get embarrassed.

Reactions: NC nole fan
No offense to WM but Tarboro is on a different level. After seeing them the last few years you could tell they have it rolling. I originally posted last year that Tarboro would have beat WM in state title game if they had played. WM is good but Tarboro is crazy athletic and tons of speed and power with that running game.

Sweaterfee, ever since Thomasville left for 2a, the West hasn't had anything for the East it seems in 1AA. They use to own you guys down East. Ask WRH about them!! They stopped WRH from several 1aa titles, similar to how WRH always thwarted Tarboro's chances to make it out of the East!

Sweaterfee, ever since Thomasville left for 2a, the West hasn't had anything for the East it seems in 1AA. They use to own you guys down East. Ask WRH about them!! They stopped WRH from several 1aa titles, similar to how WRH always thwarted Tarboro's chances to make it out of the East!
Im not from the "East", I went to East Montgomery at a time when the West was totally dominant in 1-A ( Murphy and Swain County), the shoe is on the other foot currently and in the recent past . One day it will switch back , but not this year.

Nole and dogs79 Tarboro will win Championship with ease. The West has no idea yet but they will. Tarboro is just on another level this year, they would compete for 2A Championship also.

I absolutely have and that defense is not anywhere close to stopping Tarboro. I seen the NS game and yes Murphy is a good team but comparing them to Tarboro isn't even close. Tarboro is on another level, u don't understand quite yet but u will if Murphy can take care of Mt. Airy. I hope I'm wrong I do

Sorry but Nodth Stanly was the real deal. Murphy will give Tarboro a game if they play. And Tarboro would not win 2A lol. Some team named Reidsville has a pretty good team lol especially defensively.

Griddie I disagree. Tarboro has the size and speed to play with many. Either Murphy or Mt. Airy will see it in 2 weeks.

Actually you will. Murphy is the real deal. I’m picking Tarboro to win it all but if you think it’s going to be a cakewalk you are going to be in for a surprise. And neither Tarboro or WRH will be Reidsville if the Rams play. They dominate against the run and neither of those can pass that effectively.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Actually you will. Murphy is the real deal. I’m picking Tarboro to win it all but if you think it’s going to be a cakewalk you are going to be in for a surprise. And neither Tarboro or WRH will be Reidsville if the Rams play. They dominate against the run and neither of those can pass that effectively.
I'd really wish I could see this Tarboro team against Reidsville or Shelby or South Point...this team is special and is unlike anything else in1AA IMO.

Sorry but Nodth Stanly was the real deal. Murphy will give Tarboro a game if they play. And Tarboro would not win 2A lol. Some team named Reidsville has a pretty good team lol especially defensively.
Sorry but North Stanly was not the real deal. They were the result of a down year in the YVC.They were good but nothing close to the level of Tarboro. Take away Cam Davis and they are average at best. I just think Tarboro has too much for either team they will face in the finals.

You wrong griddle. Bulldogs can't wait for reidsville

Dogs9 u are exactly correct! And Tarboro would give any of them 2A teams a run for there money. Them boys are BIG!!

Tarboro would not beat WRH much less Reidsville. Sorry, but they are too one dimensional. They are a great football team nonetheless, and should win the 1AA. But they will be in a game whoever comes out of the West.

Listen, North Stanly is for real. I’m no fan of theirs by any means, but if you were at the Murphy game it was obvious. That game could have went either way. But Murphy had just been there so many times, and they did what a great program does, answer with a late game drive, then hold 4 and out, and punch it in to seal the deal. North Stanly is much more than Davis, though he’s a special player for sure.

Tarboro would not beat WRH much less Reidsville. Sorry, but they are too one dimensional. They are a great football team nonetheless, and should win the 1AA. But they will be in a game whoever comes out of the West.

Listen, North Stanly is for real. I’m no fan of theirs by any means, but if you were at the Murphy game it was obvious. That game could have went either way. But Murphy had just been there so many times, and they did what a great program does, answer with a late game drive, then hold 4 and out, and punch it in to seal the deal. North Stanly is much more than Davis, though he’s a special player for sure.
They said Tarboro was too "one dimensional" a few years ago when they went to 5-straight 2A state championships, and won 3 of them.

But hey, I agree with you.

Couldn't beat Wallace ? We were beating them at halftime last year and I could've won. Don't think any Wallace fan would dispute that we could've beat them last year. We brought everyone from that team back. I'm not saying we would beat Wallace but we certainly could.

You lost 35-17 and have not won the 1AA state title since entering. So why is this year different?

Losing respect why? Those three teams that won it were better than this years Tarboro team. If they were playing then I would certainly give them a great shot at beating WRH and a toss up with Reidsville.

I plan to and I’ve seen a lot of film. A great team and should win it all. But if WRH were down in 1AA they would be the favorites. Sorry, four years and Tarboro didn’t get it done. I understand, again, that Tarboro is great and should win the title. But WRH hasn’t dropped off much if at all this season. They are dang good as well.

Not disputing that bc I define being the best as beating the best as Tarboro was unsuccessful in that regard when it came to WRH however keep in mind that Tarboro would again be playing WRH next week should they have been still in the 1AA. Wallace still the king of the 1AA unless a team surpasses that record and also keep in mind Wallace Rose Hill has to win 3 2A state titles and go 5 years in a row then head up to 3A and grab a state title there. My point is WRH has big shoes to fill in 2A and Tarboro has big shoes to fill In 1AA

dude WRH played 1AA with 200 too many kids for two years before realignment, they never should have been in 1AA, but i played against em,they were the real deal, they are in 2a now so no they aren't the 1aa kings.

dude WRH played 1AA with 200 too many kids for two years before realignment, they never should have been in 1AA, but i played against em,they were the real deal, they are in 2a now so no they aren't the 1aa kings.
They are the 1AA kings until a new team takes the place. I wasn’t saying that in a negative way I was giving them their just due bc they are the 1AA champs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT