ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs. Rocky Mount

I like Tarboro's offensive line we have some size up front. Defense will get tested though. But I'm gonna take tarboro 21-14 in a slugfest

Right now, showing 40 percent on Friday, none on Thursday. I’m with you, we’ll keep an eye on it, but definitely wouldn’t be surprised
Well in the event it gets rescheduled this would be the third straight time it has been rescheduled. Now me personally I wouldn't mind it cuz I'm off on Thursday and I wouldn't have to use time Friday.

I’m still worried about the linebackers. They didn’t impress me yesterday. Hopefully they’ll step it up. The offense should be deadly!
I thought our defense played ok in the secondary. We didn't really give up many big plays with our first string defense. Either way I still believe our first two games of the year will be our toughest until the playoffs.

Oh. One more thing…Am I the only one that noticed North Edgecombe???? I don’t think they’ll be a walk in the park this year for anyone!
physically they looked great! They also have some weapons on offense. I think the defense may be a weakness for them, BUT, I think they win a lot of ball games this year. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they beat Southwest

Last edited:
Yes we've had some good ones the last five years or so. Linebackers are the heart of our defense. I was at the Conley scimmage and they
couldn't run against them.
At the jamboree we gave up one rushing touchdown and it was against Jordan Durham. Other than that we looked good against the run.

Remember in ‘19 it got moved to Thursday night and we had a monsoon about halfway thru the 2nd Qtr and then it didn’t rain a drop on Friday night….NC weather is so unpredictable
We really could have finished that game on Friday tbh. To this day I have never seen rain like that in my life 😂. I'm hoping that we get in on Friday night but if the weather doesn't improve I'm thinking Thursday.

Now the forecast has changed to 40% chance of showers on Thursday. Keyword showers not thunderstorms. It rained during the jamboree Friday night pretty good but it didn't get really heavy we can play in the rain lol. Just can't play with lightning too dangerous

Friday calling for 50% chance of showers Thursday right now is a 20% chance of rain.
Summer weather forecasting stinks. Just today here in the Winston-Salem area we were supposed to have some pretty good storms and nothing happened. Hope the game for you guys is Friday night the way HS football should be. I guess Thursday night is better than nothing but it doesn't feel right to me. I assume RMHS still has a grass field? If so, I applaud them for that. Turf fields make me want to vomit every time I see them. Football is meant to be played on real grass and injuries are also less likely on the real stuff. But I realize playing an early season game on grass in a moderate/heavy rain means the field is torn up for the rest of the season and most high schools don't have the resources to get it back in shape. Anyway, hope it is a good game and Tarboro wins. I usually pull for the smaller schools. And my Dad is a Viking alum from WAY back in the day. He is 84 so I am guessing he graduated in the 1956/57 range. Though, he lives in Rocky Mount now LOL

Oh. One more thing…Am I the only one that noticed North Edgecombe???? I don’t think they’ll be a walk in the park this year for anyone!
It would be nice to see North Edgecombe get things rolling again. They were a dominant program some years back and contended for 1A state titles. They have fallen on some hard times here more often than not the last several years.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I think Tarboro smokes Rocky Mount this time. The revenge factor is gonna give them an edge. And Tarboro feels like the outcome of last year's game should have been different had their touchdown not been taken away, which would have at the very least tied the game. Feeling cheated, they are gonna leave no doubt in this one. 36-14.

I think Tarboro smokes Rocky Mount this time. The revenge factor is gonna give them an edge. And Tarboro feels like the outcome of last year's game should have been different had their touchdown not been taken away, which would have at the very least tied the game. Feeling cheated, they are gonna leave no doubt in this one. 36-14.
That's a bigger margin of victory than a lot of us are predicting lol. I do agree with you on the revenge Factor Tarboro is chomping at the bit ready to play rocky mount. It's been said on here before, Rocky Mount didn't impress me last year they only scored 12 points and six of those came in the final minute. And honestly based off of what I saw in the scrimmage they had with chapel Hill, I wasn't too impressed neither with Rocky Mount. The other factor in this game is that this game is at home for Tarboro who has not lost a home game since 2015.

Reactions: fitguync30
That's a bigger margin of victory than a lot of us are predicting lol. I do agree with you on the revenge Factor Tarboro is chomping at the bit ready to play rocky mount. It's been said on here before, Rocky Mount didn't impress me last year they only scored 12 points and six of those came in the final minute. And honestly based off of what I saw in the scrimmage they had with chapel Hill, I wasn't too impressed neither with Rocky Mount. The other factor in this game is that this game is at home for Tarboro who has not lost a home game since 2015.
That ends when SWE comes to town. Hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT