ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs. Rocky Mount

Yeah when I said Tarboro was chomping at the bit to play Rocky Mount they lived up to it lol. Based on what I saw Friday night we definitely had that potential still a long way to go though.

Yeah when I said Tarboro was chomping at the bit to play Rocky Mount they lived up to it lol. Based on what I saw Friday night we definitely had that potential still a long way to go though.
Pointless post, but I didn't know until the other day that the expression is actually "champing at the bit", instead of chomping. Comes from horses champing at their bits, eager to get about. Funny thing is, to champ is to bite, which is exactly what chomping is. Makes more sense for the phrase to be chomping, but no, it's champing. And no, I don't know what a bit actually is. A mouthpiece, I'd imagine. But yeah, there's your daily dose of useless information lol.

Pointless post, but I didn't know until the other day that the expression is actually "champing at the bit", instead of chomping. Comes from horses champing at their bits, eager to get about. Funny thing is, to champ is to bite, which is exactly what chomping is. Makes more sense for the phrase to be chomping, but no, it's champing. And no, I don't know what a bit actually is. A mouthpiece, I'd imagine. But yeah, there's your daily dose of useless information lol.
I actually wouldn't call that useless information that's actually something very interesting I did not know that LOL so I've been wrong all this time 😂.

Reactions: SWE'98 and UNC_91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT