ADVERTISEMENT

SWO

Lol really..... stay by the fence clown. Why are you the first to take stabs at SWO? Did we embarrass you? Drag your sons teams, because we know you never crossed the white lines.??? I'm confused? Swo fans respect the hell out of WRH and Clinton and ED, because we know how hard it is to be great? Please explain to me why you keep rubbing SWO name through the mud??????
You guys go crazy over a 9th grade JV highlight film!! Is this the best such a storied, tradition rich program can do now? Come on. Every school that plays football can splice up film and create a highlight film on anyone if they so choose. People would be and should be impressed if it was film of a freshman doing this at the varsity level.

But alas, whatever gets you excited. Lets see how the season plays out for this young man. If at the end of the year he has 1200 yards and 15 TDs against VARSITY competition, I will gladly give well deserved props.

Spread, Spread, Spread, Power I/Pro, Spread, Spread.

Gillie ya can’t drive fast all the time. Sometimes you got to drive slow.
Southpoint has won a few games running a "slow" offense. Split back veer can win games too aat the 1A/2A level. I believe at all levels but that's another post.

Reactions: UNC91
Spread, Spread, Spread, Power I/Pro, Spread, Spread.

Gillie ya can’t drive fast all the time. Sometimes you got to drive slow.
You guys go crazy over a 9th grade JV highlight film!! Is this the best such a storied, tradition rich program can do now? Come on. Every school that plays football can splice up film and create a highlight film on anyone if they so choose. People would be and should be impressed if it was film of a freshman doing this at the varsity level.

But alas, whatever gets you excited. Lets see how the season plays out for this young man. If at the end of the year he has 1200 yards and 15 TDs against VARSITY competition, I will gladly give well deserved props

Fair enough...we will pick this conversation up later in the season. If I am not mistaken someone requested some footage of him. I am sorry if your feeling some type of way about it.

Reactions: SWO-WA and UNC91
71, nearly all of South Points wins in the last 15 years have been won with “A Slow Offense “ as you put it. There is nothing wrong with running the ball if it works. SP rushed for 401 yds against Shelby in the spring season. SP never once attempted to throw the ball. And yes, running the ball still works at all levels. All you need is speed, strength and blocking!

Lol really..... stay by the fence clown. Why are you the first to take stabs at SWO? Did we embarrass you? Drag your sons teams, because we know you never crossed the white lines.??? I'm confused? Swo fans respect the hell out of WRH and Clinton and ED, because we know how hard it is to be great? Please explain to me why you keep rubbing SWO name through the mud?????

71, nearly all of South Points wins in the last 15 years have been won with “A Slow Offense “ as you put it. There is nothing wrong with running the ball if it works. SP rushed for 401 yds against Shelby in the spring season. SP never once attempted to throw the ball. And yes, running the ball still works at all levels. All you need is speed, strength and blocking!
Yep. That's what I was saying. Many people see any offense that is not the spread as "slow". But, that offense is very effective for high school athletes.

When teams have never faced or only face the triple option, Red 🦴 Bone once a year, it is very difficult to prepare for. Of course defense strength on the line and speed in the backfield makes it difficult to run.

My thoughts on SWO this year as a long time follower, and still am.

Excited about the mentioned running back, yes as any one would be. Looks to have a lot of potential. Is/or will he be the end all solution for a running game ? I've seen at SWO over the years and for other teams highly touted kids coming up and NONE have won the Heisman Trophy (as of yet). A lot of parts and pieces have to fall into place for him to be good. Have to have at least one , more better would be two more who can also tote the rock and BLOCK.We will see as the year progresses.

Off and Def line ..... looks to be good size so far, dont know about the speed. But I expect them to be above average.

Def backs .... a sore spot a lot of years when all other aspects went well. Hope to have a decent pass defense.

Over-all Defense .... We have had some great ones, Line backers, Def Ends, need to get nasty. Ghosts of Marcus Jones, Sauli (Sp) brothers, the X Man ect. Really need someone like Tommy Barnes at Def coach. Someone needs to step into those shoes.

THE Coach ... Charlie Dempsey is dong a fantastic job with what he has had. I dont know of anyone better for the job.

Pumped up for the new year, new conference.

GO STALLIONS

Nothing wrong with getting excited about a promising young player. I remember us ranting and raving about what Ryheem Skinner was doing to JV defenses his freshman year and it worked out pretty good on the varsity level. Never let anyone especially someone who isnt even apart of your program make you feel bad about being excited for the future of your team. The topic of this thread is SWO dont wanna read about SWO people talking about SWO things dont click on it.

Nothing wrong with getting excited about a promising young player. I remember us ranting and raving about what Ryheem Skinner was doing to JV defenses his freshman year and it worked out pretty good on the varsity level. Never let anyone especially someone who isnt even apart of your program make you feel bad about being excited for the future of your team. The topic of this thread is SWO dont wanna read about SWO people talking about SWO things dont click on it.

Thanks

My thoughts on SWO this year as a long time follower, and still am.

Excited about the mentioned running back, yes as any one would be. Looks to have a lot of potential. Is/or will he be the end all solution for a running game ? I've seen at SWO over the years and for other teams highly touted kids coming up and NONE have won the Heisman Trophy (as of yet). A lot of parts and pieces have to fall into place for him to be good. Have to have at least one , more better would be two more who can also tote the rock and BLOCK.We will see as the year progresses.

Off and Def line ..... looks to be good size so far, dont know about the speed. But I expect them to be above average.

Def backs .... a sore spot a lot of years when all other aspects went well. Hope to have a decent pass defense.

Over-all Defense .... We have had some great ones, Line backers, Def Ends, need to get nasty. Ghosts of Marcus Jones, Sauli (Sp) brothers, the X Man ect. Really need someone like Tommy Barnes at Def coach. Someone needs to step into those shoes.

THE Coach ... Charlie Dempsey is dong a fantastic job with what he has had. I dont know of anyone better for the job.

Pumped up for the new year, new conference.

GO STALLIONS

Sounds spot on. Pumped for the season

No problem we joke and talk trash but i have tremendous amount of respect for SWO football program Padgett(RIP),Kendric Burney,Marcus Jones,Dakota Marshall, Shak Pershey(RIP) and the infamous David Ninja Lee etc alot of great players and teams over the years. Hopefully teams will meet up for another classic soon

No problem we joke and talk trash but i have tremendous amount of respect for SWO football program Padgett(RIP),Kendric Burney,Marcus Jones,Dakota Marshall, Shak Pershey(RIP) and the infamous David Ninja Lee etc alot of great players and teams over the years. Hopefully teams will meet up for another classic soon
Enjoying reading, listening to, and seeing play ANY good team. Clinton, ED, WRH, Shelby, Reidsville, NE and a lot of others. I never get mad or down about any post from anybody.

I shoot bench rest rifle matches and am on boards pertaining to that sport. There are "Keyboard" shooters as we call them. Always a lot to say and NEVER show up and shoot in a match. And there are Keyboard coaches, scouts, ect. on here. No problem with them, quite funny actually. I love good smack talk and can Take it and dish it out. A lot of time the threads leading up to a game are better than the game its self .....LOL.

I'm making a trip back this fall and will catch one or more SWO games. Hope to meet up with some of the Stallion posters (and others) at a game or two. Hopefully its back to kinda of normal for this season.

Let the games begin .............Go Stallions

When will maxpreps show some kind of roster or schedule for swo? My buddy went by workouts the other day. Mentioned the raising sophomore back looks to have added some muscle. Also mentioned the line looked good again this year. Qb is a baller in his words. Cant wait to see the season kick off....

Swo1 what dates are you coming into town brother? I know you'll be top row 50 like always. Should be a fun season in the new conference

Reactions: dogs79
When will maxpreps show some kind of roster or schedule for swo? My buddy went by workouts the other day. Mentioned the raising sophomore back looks to have added some muscle. Also mentioned the line looked good again this year. Qb is a baller in his words. Cant wait to see the season kick off....

Swo1 what dates are you coming into town brother? I know you'll be top row 50 like always. Should be a fun season in the new conference
The schedule is up on Maxpreps. No roster yet.

I have to be in Ohio 22 Sept for my grand daughters wedding, and then to NJ to see some long time friends. Probably around end of Sept or 1st of Oct will stop by my Sons place in Rougemont NC, a little north of Durham. and then its to Jville to see my grand son who is in the Marine Corps. Plan on staying a couple weeks in Jville and then it to SC to stop by my sisters place and then home.

I have to be in Ohio 22 Sept for my grand daughters wedding, and then to NJ to see some long time friends. Probably around end of Sept or 1st of Oct will stop by my Sons place in Rougemont NC, a little north of Durham. and then its to Jville to see my grand son who is in the Marine Corps. Plan on staying a couple weeks in Jville and then it to SC to stop by my sisters place and then home.

The traveling gypsy. Sounds like a good time brother. Safe travels

Thanks brother, just looked over the schedule.... damn we will have our hands full this season. Hope Dempsey has the boys read to go. No one can say swo plays a soft schedule now.......

WRH
Ed
Jk
JHS
JHR

That's serious competition week in and week out.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
What is your outlook on the season brother? Always respected your input
I believe Southwest will have a good season. Just too early to tell how good they will be. They have a lot of weapons. Hopefully they will use them. Everyone looks good to the pads are put on. Defense should be a whole lot better. A lot young boys eager to hit somebody unlike last year. I would go young if I was the coach. They have a few young boys that will hit you! A lot of them been in the weight room!!! Without the coach telling them too! I would make everyone earn there job. Who cares if a kid is a good baseball player. What does that got to do with Friday night light or the price of tea in China? I know a db that won’t bit a hot biscuit but will start. Why? I watch last year whole season time and time again you have the same kid giving up. I remember back in the day at southwest. That type of effort will have you riding the pine.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWO-#1
Depth....yeah if you have a running back. Unfortunately last year they didn’t have one. If your biggest game is against Dixon that says a lot. Far as the senior he was about 5-5 maybe 145 pounds with bricks in his pocket. I don’t believe the entire backfield rush for a total of 500 yds😂 all season

Depth....yeah if you have a running back. Unfortunately last year they didn’t have one. If your biggest game is against Dixon that says a lot. Far as the senior he was about 5-5 maybe 145 pounds with bricks in his pocket. I don’t believe the entire backfield rush for a total of 500 yds😂 all season

I noticed the lack of athletes, especially in the back field. Usually SWO best is in the back field. The bannerman kid showed some promise as a sophomore, but again hes not from SWO. A different animal if you're from the west. I hope the young back will produce. Tough schedule swo has this year. We should tell early if we got a squad.

I noticed the lack of athletes, especially in the back field. Usually SWO best is in the back field. The bannerman kid showed some promise as a sophomore, but again hes not from SWO. A different animal if you're from the west. I hope the young back will produce. Tough schedule swo has this year. We should tell early if we got a squad.
I believe the offensive line will be good. Far as the rising sophomore Kerr he been running the rock since he been 4 years old.

Saw max preps updated the roster. Which includes players from years ago? Not sure what's going on lol

Get Otis to tell you about Lee Becton at West Craven. Many times you just know. Pretty much the same thing you just mentioned.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Where is Bannerman? I read the daily news, big expectations for someone yet to come to any summer work.

• Sad
Where is Bannerman? I read the daily news, big expectations for someone yet to come to any summer work.

That's not good news brother, sometimes star athletes have other goals in life. Again hes not from SWO, they dont always bleed the black and orange like us. Hope we hear he was on vacation, he will he needed this year....

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That's not good news brother, sometimes star athletes have other goals in life. Again hes not from SWO, they dont always bleed the black and orange like us. Hope we hear he was on vacation, he will he needed this

One thing for certain one player don’t stop nothing. No one player is above the team. The kids on the team said his not playing this year. I don’t know how true that is. All I know I seen some good things out Southwest @ Clinton 7 on 7. Swo might surprise some teams passing the ball this year. Tanner whitehead is sling the 💩out the football. So if a kid don’t want to be a Stallion. Get the hell out the way. Swo look really good against jack britt. My man Don#1 moss him one😂

Last edited:
Thanks brother, just looked over the schedule.... damn we will have our hands full this season. Hope Dempsey has the boys read to go. No one can say swo plays a soft schedule now.......

WRH
Ed
Jk
JHS
JHR

That's serious competition week in and week out.
Don't forget to throw Kinston in the midst also. Kinston is in the new conference as well.

One thing for certain one player don’t stop nothing. No one player is above the team. The kids on the team said his not playing this year. I don’t know how true that is. All I know I seen some good things out Southwest @ Clinton 7 on 7. Swo might surprise some teams passing the ball this year. Tanner whitehead is sling the 💩out the football. So if a kid don’t want to be a Stallion. Get the hell out the way. Swo look really good against jack britt. My man Don#1 moss him one😂

I was looking forward to the Clinton/SWO matchup but weather intervened.

I was looking forward to the Clinton/SWO matchup but weather intervened.

Same here. Clinton looked to have some athletes. Swo looked big as always, hopefully we will be competitive in the new conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT