ADVERTISEMENT

SWO "runs" all over Goldsboro in a first round win !!

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
The field was wet and slippery. More than one runner for both teams slipped and fell. Goldsboro scored first and their only talley in the second Qtr, 2 point conversion try by Bowden as stopped at the line, no good.

The Stallions moved the ball pretty good the first half but was plagued by Flags. A pass to the cougar 3 was nullified by one, and a 4th down run around the Cougar 20 for the 1st was nixed by another.

Second half was ALL SWO. They started with the first play when Johnson hit the line and went all the way for a TD. They never looked back and pulled away with 35 unanswered points.

The Cougars Bowden got nothing all night. 73 yards, 23 carries on the ground, his biggest play was a pass reception. Total ground yards for Goldsboro was 93 yards net. SWO coach Dempsey said before the game the QB could hurt us. He did to some degree with the lone Goldsboro score along with 140 yards passing was it.

On the Black & Orange side the 3 Horsemen, Johnson, Mahone, and Soliz, had a good night. Johnson racked up 169 yards on 13 carries. Soliz and Mahone both with 11 totes for a combined 109 yards. All in all the Stallions put 300 yards rushing on em.

Just posted that to get a reaction thats it no dog in ya fight.. But if we did meet again might be a closer game...

Reactions: SWO-#1
Which coach called the plays for SWE? The old Cobb or the young Cobb?

Think you are in the wrong thread. This is SWO and Goldsboro, You want a SW Edgecombe thread. J.C. Cobb is their coach.

Me too dogs 79 for some reason i think they good but against a quality team they wont score alot of points of us and their defense isnt all that good at NE

Reactions: dogs79
Me too dogs 79 for some reason i think they good but against a quality team they wont score alot of points of us and their defense isnt all that good at NE

Bulldog, I got to give it to ya, you love your team. :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Tell me, how many pts am I giving you and all WRH fans? You know. See you in 10 days

They have given up a lot more points than our dogs and haven't had the competition dogs have had. Defense wins championships

Reactions: daagoob
They have given up a lot more points than our dogs and haven't had the competition dogs have had. Defense wins championships
Bulldog I'll give you credit for E Duplin and Havelock--they are very very good but Clinton and NS-Jax are down a bit and the rest of your conference is not so good. You probably played 3 challenging games all year.

So how many? Don't think we need any!

Ask Bulldog, he knows. You may be correct, because I would be lying to you if I had told you that I have seen your team play. What I have seen is Northeastern, and I promise you that they are the real deal. I don't care if anyone that's me or takes up my offer, but I do stand behind it and I will make Wagers giving that spread. I think it is going to be an absolutely fantastic game and I am so excited. I'm going to arrive an hour early, sit in my normal seat at the 40-yard line on the visitor side top row. I just love High School football and I love how fast paced and fun that Northeastern makes it. We may not win a state championship ever, and maybe we lose to Wallace, but like any Die Hard fan I'm going to go down fighting for my team. I will say it again for the thousandth time LOL, I think that this Northeastern team will easily win the east.

Ask Bulldog, he knows. You may be correct, because I would be lying to you if I had told you that I have seen your team play. What I have seen is Northeastern, and I promise you that they are the real deal. I don't care if anyone that's me or takes up my offer, but I do stand behind it and I will make Wagers giving that spread. I think it is going to be an absolutely fantastic game and I am so excited. I'm going to arrive an hour early, sit in my normal seat at the 40-yard line on the visitor side top row. I just love High School football and I love how fast paced and fun that Northeastern makes it. We may not win a state championship ever, and maybe we lose to Wallace, but like any Die Hard fan I'm going to go down fighting for my team. I will say it again for the thousandth time LOL, I think that this Northeastern team will easily win the east.
Did you say you'd be sitting among the bulldog fans? That'll be fun. Look forward to meeting you.

The field was wet and slippery. More than one runner for both teams slipped and fell. Goldsboro scored first and their only talley in the second Qtr, 2 point conversion try by Bowden as stopped at the line, no good.

The Stallions moved the ball pretty good the first half but was plagued by Flags. A pass to the cougar 3 was nullified by one, and a 4th down run around the Cougar 20 for the 1st was nixed by another.

Second half was ALL SWO. They started with the first play when Johnson hit the line and went all the way for a TD. They never looked back and pulled away with 35 unanswered points.

The Cougars Bowden got nothing all night. 73 yards, 23 carries on the ground, his biggest play was a pass reception. Total ground yards for Goldsboro was 93 yards net. SWO coach Dempsey said before the game the QB could hurt us. He did to some degree with the lone Goldsboro score along with 140 yards passing was it.

On the Black & Orange side the 3 Horsemen, Johnson, Mahone, and Soliz, had a good night. Johnson racked up 169 yards on 13 carries. Soliz and Mahone both with 11 totes for a combined 109 yards. All in all the Stallions put 300 yards rushing on em.
Hey swo1, is stallion4life still around?

Did you say you'd be sitting among the bulldog fans? That'll be fun. Look forward to meeting you.

Same here, I've always sat on the visitors side. It's a really nice stadium and the atmosphere for the game will be second to none. You will love it and have a good time win or lose

Never, but I already knew their history before you mentioned it. I know about Havelock,Shelby,Reidsville, Swain County,etc.

He's heard of them. Most sports fans in the area already know how the scrimmage went earlier this year, I saw an article or post somewhere a few months back about how NHS excelled in that scrimmage. Im not sure but I think it was in the Daily Advance. Coach talked about how well the Eagles fared against some very talented teams.

Reactions: blackbulldog
Ok thats cool so they already seen each other so they both know each other is good.. Thats game gonna be fire... Man its gonna be alot of people there too.. And at the Swo game. I believe swo will beat EB.

Reactions: daagoob
They got #10 for Clinton listed at 260, he looks about 280 to me. Big Boy!!

Clinton is very small, size wise they match up well to FF and Bertie. I mean no disrespect towards Clinton at all when I keep talking about WRH vs NHS. I just know that barring a miracle or an injury, NHS just has to many weapons this year. I saw Clinton, albeit the weather was horrific, they are just outclassed by this NHS team. WRH, I have no clue. I wish someone would post a video up here or on Facebook of them. I really would like to see something. That's another thing I like about NHS, coach really knows how to get our program exposure, and he knows what to do to motivate them. When you guys come here you will not only see it in the pregame entrance but in the warmups as well. It's such an exciting time now, MAN I'M PUMPED!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! HERE COMES YOUR EAGLES!!!!!! God I love it, 10 more days!!!!! Bulldog and Dogs and hundreds more from Duplin County will be IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Goob we have too much exposure we on the news every week. Fri. Night if u can check em out on witn.com / sports,it doesnt matter how big u are just about all the teams we played against was almost as big as we are.. Havelock was the biggest team we facedSize wise. 6'3 qb great arm big off. Line.big d line. ED and swo were big teams also. So size isnt a thing to wrh .. All we look at is whos across from us on the field...

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
Were in the forgotten corner over the state, the poverty belt. No tv stations here except for Norfolk Virginia ones. Occasionally Witn 7 will come thru the area but not often. That's a big reason NHS and the NEC get no respect. Now, when it comes to Billiards in NC LOL, you need only google The Great Dismal Swamp 9 Ball Classic. We are on fire with that event held each October here in our small town. We're the talk of the state, but in football, not so much. We are an after thought.

Never heard of that pool classic... Dogs79 im gonna call yall tomorrow i forgot..to yesterday and today...

When wrh play or go on the road wect, witn, and Abc,camera crews come to see em play...so they all over the internet.One of the most talked about football programs in the state... Their are others that are on the same level as far as that goes,but when u sustain 34 years with only 2 losing season ,that speaks of the viladity of your program fototball that is ....

When wrh play or go on the road wect, witn, and Abc,camera crews come to see em play...so they all over the internet.One of the most talked about football programs in the state... Their are others that are on the same level as far as that goes,but when u sustain 34 years with only 2 losing season ,that speaks of the viladity of your program fototball that is ....

Dang!!! We gonna be on TV

Reactions: blackbulldog
Hey swo1, is stallion4life still around?

Dont know. I was gone for over 2 years watching my grandson play in Missouri. He graduated and Im back with SWO. Nobody is still here when I left.

I remember when my Stallions had to travel to Elizabeth city to play northeastern and the old school fans where on our sidelines cheering for their squad.....you shoulda seen the look on they faces when we walked outta there with the W.....THEY WAS SICK!!! Just a memory hoping EVERUONE has a good sage injury free game!!!! GO STALLIONS!!!!SWO

Hey y'all came to play like I said the day before that game if the coach change up the offense you would have a chance and he did. But it was a good game what like 19 to 7 or something like that

Yeah I also remember the last time y'all came to ElizabethCity too..do you remember how that went

Yeah I also remember the last time y'all came to ElizabethCity too..do you remember how that went

Uh oh, no, you didn't go there LOL. He doesn't remember how that went lol. Lucky for him I was there and took a video of all the Southwest Onslow fans heading for the exits before the second quarter was over. I still have the video I believe, I will look for it and if I can find it I will try to post it up on here for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT