ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 0 Northern Nash 53

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Boy I tell ya....When Coach Cobb retired before last season, many folks hollered that it was good for SWE, because we needed to get away from the wishbone offense. Well, the wishbone might not have been the best offense to use in later rounds of the playoffs, but we were never worried about being shut out! But since the new coach has been here, we have been shut out 4 times already. Why a top tier team like SWE would bring in a a young coach with no head coaching experience whatsoever (not even JV) is beyond me. I don't know how the hiring process went at all, but I would like to believe than an experienced coach would have been highly interested in taking over a program that had just gone 12-2. Instead, we brought in a local rookie who has now been shut out in 4 of his first 10 games. This offense is painful to watch. Can't help but give up tons of points when you're always giving the ball back to the other team because you can't move it yourself. Oh well. Here's to wishing for the wishbone :(

Boy I tell ya....When Coach Cobb retired before last season, many folks hollered that it was good for SWE, because we needed to get away from the wishbone offense. Well, the wishbone might not have been the best offense to use in later rounds of the playoffs, but we were never worried about being shut out! But since the new coach has been here, we have been shut out 4 times already. Why a top tier team like SWE would bring in a a young coach with no head coaching experience whatsoever (not even JV) is beyond me. I don't know how the hiring process went at all, but I would like to believe than an experienced coach would have been highly interested in taking over a program that had just gone 12-2. Instead, we brought in a local rookie who has now been shut out in 4 of his first 10 games. This offense is painful to watch. Can't help but give up tons of points when you're always giving the ball back to the other team because you can't move it yourself. Oh well. Here's to wishing for the wishbone :(
Hate to hear that, because there are some stud athletes on the offensive side of the ball for your team. Young coaches don’t always have an emphasis on fundamentals and discipline, and nothing great can be accomplished without it! Hopefully they can clean it up before conference play.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT