ADVERTISEMENT

Stats ?

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Anyone else think they are a lot of fudging going on with the Stats ? You will see the game video Recap short little video then when it’s over it will have stats, player of game etc. then when you look under stats for that game it’s sometimes 40 or 50 yds different from the video recap. I’ve watched a lot of games and thought they are no way that team got that many yds rushing and or passing. I smell a skunk

Reactions: thekidd12
If referring to MaxPreps I just assumed they get them from each school who if they choose to send them.
So are you asking if some schools are cooking the books?

If referring to MaxPreps I just assumed they get them from each school who if they choose to send them.
So are you asking if some schools are cooking the books?
Well each team has to report the stats to MaxPreps but like I explained you get different amounts from the Game Recap Short video and the Stats from the game under the Stats heading. To me that should be the official stats from each team statistician and shouldn’t vary I’m not referring to local newspaper or FYNTV or others. I might see it being a little off but I’ve seen some that are as much as 30 to 40 yds difference. I love to go through stats from all over WNC especially the ones we are going to play. Example the Total yards and rushing yds for E Randolph vs Robbinsville are very different. Just something I’ve noticed not trying to stir the pot but if this is happening on purpose it’s not right

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
It’s not just one team. That’s just the one I last looked at. Go to E Randolph and go to schedule click on that and go down to this past week game with Robbinsville. Click on that There will be two separate video clips at the top. Watch both videos and at the end of each one they show stats. Both are totally different. Again i’m not picking these teams out but this has happened to other teams also.

The stats you see from the recap video are usually calculated by the HUDL program. The stats you see on MaxPreps are from coaches uploading their own stats. We all know how the automated HUDL cameras do with following the ball and stuff, so I think that could be where the difference comes in.
As far as newspapers keeping stats, that's just a dummy like me on the sidelines watching the game and taking notes on a notepad lol.
Who knows who's actually right to be honest.

The stats you see from the recap video are usually calculated by the HUDL program. The stats you see on MaxPreps are from coaches uploading their own stats. We all know how the automated HUDL cameras do with following the ball and stuff, so I think that could be where the difference comes in.
As far as newspapers keeping stats, that's just a dummy like me on the sidelines watching the game and taking notes on a notepad lol.
Who knows who's actually right to be honest.
Yes I never take the media to be accurate because like you say you are just jotting things down. Thanks for clarifying the Hudl program. I just figured they got game stats from MaxPreps. Nothing is going to be exactly the same but having said that it shouldn’t be off but by a few. When you get into big differences over a season and it gives players inflated numbers and that wouldn’t be right and it wouldn’t be just offensive stats it could inflate defensive as well. Ok thanks Jake. I will move on. Just wondering if I was the only one who have noticed this over the years

I upload the stats coaches send me to MP for a couple teams in our coverage area just so they'll get published. Our area is behind the tines when it comes to technology.
That’s good. I know some teams don’t want to share to much info and to each their own. But I like seeing the student athletes getting their stats out there for the recognition they deserve and hopefully where they might be seen by college scouts. And this should go for all sports

KX6saVm.png

g8oCbXM.png

I wouldn't put much faith in recap videos...they can't even get the score right.

Main thing was the score. Field position and special teams don't show up much in stats
My point about this post is if people fudge on the numbers it’s not fair when it comes to Rushing Leaders, Passing Leaders, Receiving Leaders etc. Breaking records by inflating numbers is not right. Trying to get seen by College teams by adding numbers to their totals. I know it’s not going to be exact but it shouldn’t be large variations

Main thing was the score. Field position and special teams don't show up much in stats
Score???
Special teams?
Those things matter?
Cmon man… it’s the eye test and how I think it should be…
That’s all that matters 😂😂

If Robbinsville was going into the 4thrd vs ma after getting handled like that on the field I'd be worried. ER just happy to be in the conversation.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
My point about this post is if people fudge on the numbers it’s not fair when it comes to Rushing Leaders, Passing Leaders, Receiving Leaders etc. Breaking records by inflating numbers is not right. Trying to get seen by College teams by adding numbers to their totals. I know it’s not going to be exact but it shouldn’t be large variations

Obviously it can be large variations just based on the above example. The HUDL recap videos are computer generated off video that isn't always clear or with missed plays causing it to throw inaccurate numbers out there. I don't see any coaches knowingly fluffing numbers to break records.

Seeing as how Murphy is leading in all three of the categories you mentioned and Cutler is most likely going to break the SMC rushing record it certainly seems like you're insinuating Murphy and Robbinsville are being shady.

Obviously it can be large variations just based on the above example. The HUDL recap videos are computer generated off video that isn't always clear or with missed plays causing it to throw inaccurate numbers out there. I don't see any coaches knowingly fluffing numbers to break records.

Seeing as how Murphy is leading in all three of the categories you mentioned and Cutler is most likely going to break the SMC rushing record it certainly seems like you're insinuating Murphy and Robbinsville are being shady.
No way shape or form I’m I insinuating anything or about any team but i’m saying IF it’s going on in big amounts it’s wrong no matter what team it is from top to bottom. Now that a few have explained the HUDL video I understand a little more but not 100%. I just used the Top Leader’s as a example on how it could change things so don’t go there. Just brought up the topic to see if anyone else had ever noticed differences or read a stat line after watching a game and thought the stats for a player didn’t seem quite right from what you seen. Legit question wasn’t trying to push anyones buttons

Brody Barnhardt, Providence Day: five catches, 93 yards and two touchdowns in a 55-13 win over Charlotte Christian in the NCISAA Division I state championship game. Providence Day beat Charlotte Christian 55-13. Barnhardt also had five tackles, one tackle for a loss, two interceptions and a fumble recovery. TOP VIDEOS ×

Cameron Richardson, Rolesville: in a big 42-28 upset of Wake Forest, Richardson had 11 tackles, including four for a loss and a sack. Rolesville 10-3 has won four in a row an avenged a 24-20 loss to Wake Forest on Oct. 21.

Mitchell Summers, Grimsley: 5-6, 150-pound sophomore ran 22 times for 192 yards and two touchdowns in a 44-36 win over Independence Friday. Summers has 1,770 yards and 19 touchdowns on 197 carries this season and is averaging 9.0 yards per attempt.

Isaac Weaver, Andrews: in a 50-23 win over Murphy, Weaver ran for 318 yards on 14 carries, and had a 49-yard catch. He had four rushing and one receiving touchdown. He also intercepted a pass and had 430 all purpose yards.

Christian Perris, Princeton: 5-11, 180-pound senior has rushed for 3,198 yards this season, which ranks among the top 20 all-time for public school running backs, and he’s got 47 rushing touchdowns. In Friday’s 63-55 win over Cummings, Perris ran 33 times for 495 yards, the third most ever by an NCHSAA player. Perris’ seven rushing touchdowns ties for the second-most in NCHSAA history. He also had 154 yards in kick returns for a total of 649 total offensive yards. In the past two weeks, Perris has rushed for 896 yards and 12 touchdowns.

LANGSTON WERTZ JR.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article269079247.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT