ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville vs Hickory

If game is at Statesville, probably need to wear protective vest! But give the local law enforcement a big heads up for the great job they did previously and I am sure are still doing.
Hickory by at least two touchdowns.

This is a different HHS Red Tornado team than in the past 15 years. They have the talent and Coach Glass has instilled the discipline needed to carry their team to victory. The defense has been the weakest point for the team, but somehow they find a way to get off the field when need be. The MLB actually is the 5th all time leading passing QB in the history as far as touchdowns and passing yardage. He was beaten out by the current QB and switched to LB last year to help the team. This group is somewhat overachieving on defense, but you better be ready to defend your goal as the Red Tornadoes are loaded at the skill positions and will use them all. The game looks to be very competitive as this is a rival game.

Last edited:
This is a different HHS Red Tornado team than in the past 15 years. They have the talent and Coach Glass has instilled the discipline needed to carry their team to victory. The defense has been the weakest point for the team, but somehow they find a way to get off the filed when need be. The MLB actually is the 5th all time leading passing QB in the history as far as touchdowns and passing yardage. He was beaten out by the current QB and switched to LB last year to help the team. This group is somewhat overachieving on defense, but you better be ready to defend your goal as the Red Tornadoes are loaded at the skill positions and will use them all. The game looks to be very competitive as this is a rival game.
Stober was the QB last yr until he got hurt but Stober always been a great QB and I respect the other guy for moving to LB to better the team n him being a team player n Unselfish which u don’t find nowadays

Statesville has one solid weapon, running back Mack Davis. Bottle him up and it's over. Don't stop him and he'll run all over the Hickory defense. Hickory's offense will score and score often, but they have glaring issues on defense as stated above. Final thought, stop Davis and it's Hickory in a blowout. Let Davis run wild and it'll become a shootout, with Hickory coming out on top by 10.

Statesville has one solid weapon, running back Mack Davis. Bottle him up and it's over. Don't stop him and he'll run all over the Hickory defense. Hickory's offense will score and score often, but they have glaring issues on defense as stated above. Final thought, stop Davis and it's Hickory in a blowout. Let Davis run wild and it'll become a shootout, with Hickory coming out on top by 10.
Statesville can the pass ball they have WR that make plays. The best for Statesville not have critical turnovers.

True, and Statesville's QB, a huge kid for that position, will fumble when hit hard. To quote a member of the Statesville High chain gang when I was there for the North Lincoln game, "He's a fumbling machine with thin skin." Again, not my words. Those came from the SHS chain gang.
Statesville can the pass ball they have WR that make plays. The best for Statesville not have critical turnovers.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
Both teams look great. I like Statesville anytime they are under Dawgs. Team is nothing like the we're the first 5 games of the season. Tip of the cap to coach Cowan and his staff. Love the direction this program is headed

Both teams look great. I like Statesville anytime they are under Dawgs. Team is nothing like the we're the first 5 games of the season. Tip of the cap to coach Cowan and his staff. Love the direction this program is headed
This might not be the most talented Statesville team they had in years, but this is much better discipline Statesville team. Much lesser stupid pentalties, personal fouls, and unsportsmanlike conduct. Reguardless, of how this game turns out for Statesville. I like this Statesville Coach Staff alot.

Statesville does have great coaching staff. At the start of the season after a few games I wouldn’t thought they would be in the conversation of battling for the conference. And here they are.

True, and Statesville's QB, a huge kid for that position, will fumble when hit hard. To quote a member of the Statesville High chain gang when I was there for the North Lincoln game, "He's a fumbling machine with thin skin." Again, not my words. Those came from the SHS chain gang.
Well, you tell that chain gang the QB of Statesville has not been a problem the last 7 games straight... FRIDAY NIGHT CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH!!!!!

Best bet would be stream it and close the gates. the hood will be in full force friday night. its crazy when we have to explain to our kids and grands to why they cannot go and watch such a great and meaningful game but thats what the ville as you call it has become.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I think Statesville matches up very well with Hickory. Statesville won't be intimidated. I think converting 3rd downs is going to be HUGE for both teams. I both teams will be the best team either has faced this year. Friday can't get here soon enough

I think Statesville matches up very well with Hickory. Statesville won't be intimidated. I think converting 3rd downs is going to be HUGE for both teams. I both teams will be the best team either has faced this year. Friday can't get here soon enough
I think Hickory and The Lake are right there... I've seen Hickory against Cox Mill... I saw The Lake against Hickory Ridge... Hickory will be the best team from the stand point of athletes we've
faced this season so far... The Lake will be the best team we've faced as far as physicality... Statesville went toe to toe with one of the most physical teams in the entire region... ( lost 13-14...)... Hickory has athletes, but Statesville is real strong in the trenches...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT