ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville @ Mitchell

I listen to the game. Have to hand it to Mitchell Co. Good win. Sounded like them boys for Mitchell are stout. I’m really not surprised for Mitchell Co. to win. But congratulations.

Quick takeaways;
Mitchell's defense is for real. Contained the edges and the interior tight
Offense is there, just need to capitalize. Should have been 35-7, but it wasn't.
Our ground game is solid, and the pass is there when needed.
Our line played phenomenal. They were outsized by a couple inches and at least 40lbs averaged across the line.
Plenty of room for improvement, but considering the Mountaineers are mostly sophomores and juniors, I am pleased by tonight's performance.

Statesville had 4 Unsportsmanlike foul and Mitchell committed only 2 foul the whole game. MISTAKES cause the greyhound to lose on the road.

Mitchell sounds to be a great 1a team. they have talent and they seem to execute very well and their O line played very well but Statesville is young on D line.

• Wow
Reactions: Mhsneer
Statesville had 4 Unsportsmanlike foul and Mitchell committed only 2 foul the whole game. MISTAKES cause the greyhound to lose on the road.

Mitchell sounds to be a great 1a team. they have talent and they seem to execute very well and their O line played very well but Statesville is young on D line.
Statesville line is young? Mitchell starts 2 sophomores and 2 juniors. Seems pretty young as well.

Go Mountaineers

That's great.

You Mitchell guys been sandbagging.

statesville only has 3xs the kids we got lol. So if their line is young we’re sorry about the fact that they can’t get kids out. We also apologize for the slobber knocking and the way the slobber knocking was delivered. 😉

Is Purple 1995 the reincarnation of Mitchell 1982? :)
but
Statesville just rode up to the top of that mountain and got their blanks handed to them. Simple as that
Could you imagine being from Statesville and riding bus to Mitchell especially on a cold rainie night ,and it darker than hell ,that would have to scare the crap out of some of Statesvilles players,it does me just thinking about it . Mitchell is in the sticks that's for sure.
Good win for Mitchell .Statesville has a good football program ,1a schools are not suppost to beat 3a schools but Mitchells not your typical 1a school it'a football school .The Mountaineers only have trouble beating teams with green uniforms.sorry Mitchell fans but could not resist .

but

Could you imagine being from Statesville and riding bus to Mitchell especially on a cold rainie night ,and it darker than hell ,that would have to scare the crap out of some of Statesvilles players,it does me just thinking about it . Mitchell is in the sticks that's for sure.
Good win for Mitchell .Statesville has a good football program ,1a schools are not suppost to beat 3a schools but Mitchells not your typical 1a school it'a football school .The Mountaineers only have trouble beating teams with green uniforms.sorry Mitchell fans but could not resist .
Keep it up this bunch is hungry, these linebackers are for real, very well behaved bunch too, Statesville acted like flatlanders act, like they were supposed to win and beat themselves they were not disciplined enough and got schooled on mountain football I'm very impressed

Carter Hoyle had the hit heard round the conference Cais played AWESOME Cole Sparks and Tanner great job I called it so who's ready to eat crow? I may have sandbagged a little right before the game, but I said we'd squeak one out 21-20 not far off huh?

Reactions: Mhsneer
Is anything at the foot of the mountain to the east flat land? Lol

Iredell County is pretty dang hilly.
They dont act Hilly their fans were rude when we had an injured player not a classy bunch that's for sure, several unsportsmanlikes on their part our kids went to work, Ty Pittman may be out for ty he season and that's a shame he was playing AWESOME prayers for Him and the family I know Travis had a hard time coaching the rest of th
Let's not ahead of ourselves here. Yes, Mitchell played a good game, and took down a formidable opponent, but they also made 4 trips to the redzone and left empty handed. Plenty of work to be done yet.
Defense won this game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT