ADVERTISEMENT

State Approves 2 New Charlotte-Area Charter Schools For 2022 & 5 in the Research Triangle area in 2023

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC

More charters are added every year, Soon they can have a classification of their own and put the private and open enrollment with them if they all go football..... State Approves Two New Charlotte-Area Charter Schools For 2022 & 5 in the Research Triangle area in 2023. Bonnie Cone Leadership Academy, which opens its doors in 2023, is looking for several highly qualified, exciting, and enthusiastic coaches to help build the program from Scratch.​

Last edited:
It says Charlotte area, so west I guess. more coming 2023.

This is in The News Observer but I can't read it all without a subscription. These may be east. Charter schools are located in 66 of the 100 North Carolina counties, according to the state Department of Public Instruction. There are heavy concentrations in some counties, including 33 now open in Mecklenburg County, 26 in Wake County and 16 in Durham.​

www.newsobserver.com › news › local NC board approves 5 new charter schools to open in 2023

The newly approved charter schools are: ▪ Nalanda Academy, which will open in the Morrisville/west Cary area focusing on concepts such as mindfulness. ▪ West Triangle High School, which will open in Orange County but plans to draw from across the Triangle. It’s a replication of Research Triangle High School. ▪

Reactions: BK13T-$
What another day on NCPreps looks like. LOL
347230790_198583783059004_3136970257541489335_n.jpg

Just Joking, I can't stay away.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$

This is in The News Observer but I can't read it all without a subscription. These may be east. Charter schools are located in 66 of the 100 North Carolina counties, according to the state Department of Public Instruction. There are heavy concentrations in some counties, including 33 now open in Mecklenburg County, 26 in Wake County and 16 in Durham.​

www.newsobserver.com › news › local NC board approves 5 new charter schools to open in 2023

The newly approved charter schools are: ▪ Nalanda Academy, which will open in the Morrisville/west Cary area focusing on concepts such as mindfulness. ▪ West Triangle High School, which will open in Orange County but plans to draw from across the Triangle. It’s a replication of Research Triangle High School. ▪

How many of those 44 counties without a charter school have Representatives touting and clamoring over school choice?

It isn't about school choice.

How many of those 44 counties without a charter school have Representatives touting and clamoring over school choice?

It isn't about school choice.
Don't know, but Surry County has at least one charter that I know of. It is 1.5 to 2 miles from Mount Airy High School inside the city. Elkin may have a charter.

Last edited:
Well Elkin enrollment jumped by 100.

It has to be from counting the kids at a charter or EC. Only thing that makes sense.

Well Elkin enrollment jumped by 100.

It has to be from counting the kids at a charter or EC. Only thing that makes sense.

They have a global virtual academy that started during Covid. They also have a specialized academy that Appalachian State runs on campus. I think that is elementary only though.

There is an EC in Surry but I don't know of those students can play sports. Even so it would be a very small number for Elkin.

LEAs don't count any charter school numbers in their ADMs.

Piedmont Charter in Gastonia has been around awhile. They opened a nice new HS building a few years back. I suspect they will add football as a sport at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT