ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount

I disagree completely! They are not a sleeper at all> They are going to be good and everybody up this way knows it.
Well I don’t know much about them over here in the East so for most of us this way we’ll call them a sleeper until the season starts. It’s usually the normal big 4. Mount Airy, Robbinsville, Eastern Randolph & Murphy that gets all the love in the west

I think being overpowered physically and also often overlooked they overpowered the Rams mentally. With several Seniors in this group I think it will be a different story this year. I think the mental part is gonna be the toughest to overcome. As Rough said in an earlier post, getting over that hump has been tough.

Well I don’t know much about them over here in the East so for most of us this way we’ll call them a sleeper until the season starts. It’s usually the normal big 4. Mount Airy, Robbinsville, Eastern Randolph & Murphy that gets all the love in the west
This year you will need to include Starmount Rams. And most likely Swain.

Robbinsville-Mt Heritage game will be a good measuring stick for both.
And for some reason, I think the Robbinsville East Surry game could be very interesting. If East wins, what would that say about Robbinsville? But then if Robbinsville pulls out a close game? Or if they dominate?
Not saying what I expect because I do not know what to expect from either team.
I am always going to pull for the local boys, but this game could tell us as well as the Smokey Mt people a lot about where everybody stacks up.

Deana, do you know if Coach Pardue at Starmount is related to the former Coach Jim Pardue who was the baseball and basketball coach during the 60s and 70s at Hendersonville High School?

Reactions: RealStihl
I think Jim Pardue was from Yadkin county.

Did some research on Google and it looks like Jim was from Yadkinville as he went to Yadkinville Elementary and graduated from Yadkinville high school in 1948. Later went to Western Carolina on a basketball scholarship. Joined the Navy and then went back to Western to get his degree and started teaching and coaching at Hendersonville High, as that is where he did his student teaching.

In the obituary (2007) it states only one daughter, Kimberly Peeler. So not sure if Josh would be a nephew or other relation.

Seemed like a great and interesting man. Not to sidetrack the topic of Starmount but if you have about 30 minutes here is a video about 1972 Hendersonville basketball championship team and Jim.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT