ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ Mountain Heritage

We will just have to agree to disagree. Like I said I meant none of this in disrespect, I just think it has a good opportunity to be a very close game. Look forward to making the drive Friday!
Everyone has their opinion, that what makes talking football fun. Starmount has solid program, be safe coming up to the high country .

Reactions: NCBBFB and Orange01
If the rams don’t win the line of scrimmage against the green team they will not be victorious
All the years of Mitchell vs green team ever who wins upfront wins the game. Just saying.
As far as Allegheny is concerned 3rd game of the season and we came out flat and a couple turn overs to go along with that make it close. But we found away in the second half to get the win. That’s what good teams do. So basing Mitchell off off Allegheny game well you might be fooled

Reactions: NCBBFB
Take mtn airy away you guys have played jv schedule. Heritage schedule Mitchell, robbinsville, Chase, Erwin and Hendersonville. As for draughn green team knock out 3 of their linemen. By the way Mitchell is good football team , probably good as starmount .
Let me remind you that Mitchell beat Allegheny only 22-14 at home and starmount destroyed them 42-0. Now what kind of comparison is that. Wow sometimes that air up the mountain must affect your thoughts. I guess you will see Friday night if Mitchell is as good as starmount.

Let me remind you that Mitchell beat Allegheny only 22-14 at home and starmount destroyed them 42-0. Now what kind of comparison is that. Wow sometimes that air up the mountain must affect your thoughts. I guess you will see Friday night if Mitchell is as good as starmount.
Since you are comparing scores Mitchell and starmount beat East Wilkes by the same score almost lol

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Since you are comparing scores Mitchell and starmount beat East Wilkes by the same score almost lol
This was a rivalry game. Starmount was up 28-0 in the first quarter and absolutely destroyed East Wilkes. The second quarter they started playing around and started fighting(the two teams have a history) and it spilled over and several got ejected. It would've been a running clock at the half if not for that.

Starmount is a physical team. They aren't gonna back down whether it's to play or fight. This team comes ready for both. While I don't encourage it this team thrives on the physical stuff. The rougher and more physical the better they like it

Reactions: BK13T-$
This won't be nearly the best defense the Rams have played this year. I don't see MH putting 40+ on our defense either. No way Heritage compares to Mt Airy.

Mitchell and Starmount have 2 common opponents in their schedules.

Mitchell won 22-14 vs Alleghany.
Starmount won 42-0

Mitchell won 33-15 vs East Wilkes
Starmount won 35-6 vs East Wilkes(it was 28-0 1st quarter I believe)

I don't see how Mitchell is as good as Starmount?
You are going off scores this my friend is a game of matchups, Heritage fast and physical should be a good first half but Heritage should pull away in the 2nd

Can't always go by score compasion. Other than MT Airy. Starmount open the season with Trnity 43-30, and barely beat North Iredell 32-29 in week 2. That might have been Starmount other tougher opponents. Haven't seen Hertiage since they played Reidsville couple years ago in the Spring 2A State Finals. What i saw out Hertiage smashmouth football grind it out take time off the clock, their best defense is their offense to minmize opponents plays. Heritage by 7 since their playing at home.

I trust a veteran coach that says that his team will be a lot better later in the season than early success. The Rams only play 3 seniors majority of the games and loaded with juniors, sophomores, and even sone freshmen. The group has 11 games under their belt and have been playing better.

Both lost to the top teams in 1A (MA & Robbinsville) and who knows playing those Bears in their tough environment may help the Rams in The Pit.

I trust a veteran coach that says that his team will be a lot better later in the season than early success. The Rams only play 3 seniors majority of the games and loaded with juniors, sophomores, and even sone freshmen. The group has 11 games under their belt and have been playing better.

Both lost to the top teams in 1A (MA & Robbinsville) and who knows playing those Bears in their tough environment may help the Rams in The Pit.
Perfectly said Deana. This game is a preview of a big clash between these 2 teams next year most likely. The experience of playing Mt Airy should help. Playing against Mount Airy feels like you're playing against 20 kids on the field because of the speed lol. 11 should be no problem 😂😂

Friday will mark the third time that the schools have ever played.

The Rams won both playoff matchups back in 1985 (17-15) and 1986 (34-17). Those games were played in Boonville.

I remember Steven Ray being the QB for the Cougars back then. I think he went on to Wake Forest.
He played basketball at Wake in the late 80's. He's teaches and coaches the girl's golf team at MH now. He also used to officiate HS football and basketball but I've not seen him lately.

Reactions: mhhs94
I have a gut feeling Heritage will win because they are playing their best ball at the right time. The comparing scores thing is ignorant. The first year Heritage went to the ship Owen beat Erwin 35-0 the Heritage lost to Erwin in a tight game so using that logic Owen should have beaten Heritage by close to 40. Nope. Heritage beat the breaks off of Owen. I believe it was 2009. Go look up the games I speak of. Like purple said, football is about matchups. With Starmount losing their QB and probably leaning more on the running game I don’t see this being a good matchup for them. If they can throw effectively then they may keep it close for 3 quarters. Generally speaking Joey Robinson teams don’t make a lot of mistakes so Starmount better be perfect

I don't think Luke Collins being out will really change the play calls for Starmount. He is a great player and his absence is of note, especially defensively, but some of you are kind of dismissing Colton Allen. The kid was the starter for North Surry last year and did a good job. He is an experienced QB.

If Starmount line can protect Allen, he will be able to throw it because the Rams have some speed at wide receiver.

Luke could hurt you with his scrambling ability and defenses had to play honest cause he could throw off the run. Colton is a little different but the offense is the same.

From seeing it with my own eyes, you can't base games off scores. Yall talk Mitchell only beat Alleghany by a td but EW destroyed Alleghany just like starmount did but starmount killed us and so did Mitchell. Granted the Mitchell game was better than score shows. It's still a multi score difference. So clearly, that had to be a off game for Mitchell. If I had to choose I would say Starmount is better by 2 scores than Mitchell, with a complete clean, turnover free game.

From seeing it with my own eyes, you can't base games off scores. Yall talk Mitchell only beat Alleghany by a td but EW destroyed Alleghany just like starmount did but starmount killed us and so did Mitchell. Granted the Mitchell game was better than score shows. It's still a multi score difference. So clearly, that had to be an off game for Mitchell. If I had to choose I would say Starmount is better by 2 scores than Mitchell, with a complete clean, turnover free game.
I don’t like comparing scores either but what else do you do when two teams have only met a handful of times in their entire existence. You have to compare like opponents and scores because it’s all we have. Although we all try to act like we all know every detail abt every team we simply don’t. It’s what makes the playoffs so fun in my opinion.

Reactions: Swain97 and NCBBFB
Now it gets even better with what EW just posted when he said that Starmount is 2 scores better than Mitchell. Look at the MH and Mitchell score. MH beat them by EXACTLY 2 scores 🤦😂😂 (28-14)

Playoffs are fun aren't they? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: EWCards#1
It's incredibly rare for a team to out tough and put physical Heritage. That's their MO. They are tough physically and mentally. They do not beat themselves and this year they have a great kicker too. Their QB will run over or around you and they will be happy with 4 yards over and over and over until they take 8 minutes off the clock and score a TD.

Heritage struggles with speed much like Starmount did with Mt. AIRY. The 2 times they played AT Reidsville in the 2A western finals 5 or 6 years ago they were more physical and tough than the rams but in the end there was just enough athleticism they could not stop. They lost both games by less than a TD.

This Heritage team isn't quite as good as those but it's trending up and it will take a great, almost perfect performance to beat them unless you have MT Airy level athletes all over the field.

It's incredibly rare for a team to out tough and put physical Heritage. That's their MO. They are tough physically and mentally. They do not beat themselves and this year they have a great kicker too. Their QB will run over or around you and they will be happy with 4 yards over and over and over until they take 8 minutes off the clock and score a TD.

Heritage struggles with speed much like Starmount did with Mt. AIRY. The 2 times they played AT Reidsville in the 2A western finals 5 or 6 years ago they were more physical and tough than the rams but in the end there was just enough athleticism they could not stop. They lost both games by less than a TD.

This Heritage team isn't quite as good as those but it's trending up and it will take a great, almost perfect performance to beat them unless you have MT Airy level athletes all over the field.
Very well said! Thank you for this info. Sounds like they are very well coached. Also sounds like this is gonna be a really good close game.

QB looks tough, he worries me. The dude has wheels

I don't think Luke Collins being out will really change the play calls for Starmount. He is a great player and his absence is of note, especially defensively, but some of you are kind of dismissing Colton Allen. The kid was the starter for North Surry last year and did a good job. He is an experienced QB.
Lol he quit 3 games in didn't he and transferred?

By the way, I am just a casual Heritage fan they are my dad's team and not where I went. Also- it looks like it's finally going to rain some Friday night. I don't think it will affect the game a lot since both teams will probably run more than pass.

Lol he quit 3 games in didn't he and transferred?
I am not sure when or why he transferred, but I am pretty sure he played the East Surry game (5th game) and maybe part of the Forbush game (6th game). All the same, I don't think that means he didn't do a good job or is inexperienced. I don't follow these kids or their parents personal lives.

I know I asked on the East Wilkes-Mitchell thread, but I was wondering about the facilities. I've never been there for a football game, so I was looking at photos. How do folks access the visitor side? What if folks have disabilities like wheelchairs, etc, is there assistance for them to get to the other side besides the steps on home side bleachers?

Any help would be appreciated.

I know I asked on the East Wilkes-Mitchell thread, but I was wondering about the facilities. I've never been there for a football game, so I was looking at photos. How do folks access the visitor side? What if folks have disabilities like wheelchairs, etc, is there assistance for them to get to the other side besides the steps on home side bleachers?

Any help would be appreciated.
A brand new turf field in a cozy little setting off in a whole. They do shuttle people down on the visitors side and if I;m not mistaken, they even let ones with disabilities be driven down. Definitely a pull out of there for the ones that do walk! It should be a great atmosphere!

Reactions: BK13T-$
I’ve heard back from Coach Robinson on that. Just concerned about some of our elderly fans. Thanks!

Reactions: Titanman27
From seeing it with my own eyes, you can't base games off scores. Yall talk Mitchell only beat Alleghany by a td but EW destroyed Alleghany just like starmount did but starmount killed us and so did Mitchell. Granted the Mitchell game was better than score shows. It's still a multi score difference. So clearly, that had to be an off game for Mitchell. If I had to choose I would say Starmount is better by 2 scores than Mitchell, with a complete clean, turnover free game.
Mitchell took the foot off the gas as they have several times this year. Not belittling East at all, but Mitchell played a lot of senior backups most of the second half because it would be their last game most likely ever at Memorial Stadium. As always East played hard to the very end and their fans were awesome

We would like all fans to come up and support our Rams, but we understand circumstances for some folks.

For Ram fans that cannot attend the game at Mountain Heritage on Friday night, here are two options:

1. WIFM will be up there broadcasting - wifmradio.com or 100.9 FM on your radio

2. NFHS will stream the game at this link:

WARNING!! This is the official game link do. Not click any other link!!

Where are some good places around Burnsville to eat a good pre-game meal?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT