ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ Mountain Heritage

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Could be an interesting game. Will Starmount be able to slow down the running game of MH?

I wish their qb was healthy for this one still it should be a really good game

Starmount punted once to my knowledge against Cherokee could’ve been twice. The final score was alot closer than the game, starmount kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers. Defense is really coming together the last 3-4 games and the o line is only getting more and more impressive. Hats off to Cherokee they never quit and their kids play to the last whistle. Excited for mountain heritage I like seeing starmount come in as the underdog

Next week is going to have several good ballgames to watch. I think this one will be entertaining. Starmount will be the underdog here, but if they keep their heads cool, they will be in it. They are a tough bunch and have been getting better as the year has progressed under a new coach. I will be pulling for them to get the upset. Time to see where they stand and where Coach Lloyd is taking them. They have already surpassed last year with the win last night against Cherokee.

This game comes down to stopping or limiting the MH QB. He runs and plays similar to our QB who is injured. This would've been a duel to see. We will definitely miss him in this game. Other than that I'm not sure how this game plays out. I expect it to be a slugfest and very physical game.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Love this matchup!!! Rams are without their QB. Next man up. MH is playing their best football of the year. Starmount is a NW1A foe , It’s playoff time and I am a NW1A fan. Rams the Bear nation is with you and we know your coaching staff will have you beyond prepared. The Cherokee monkey is off your back so now go do what the tradition of ram football does!!! GO RAMS

Starmount punted once to my knowledge against Cherokee could’ve been twice. The final score was alot closer than the game, starmount kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers. Defense is really coming together the last 3-4 games and the o line is only getting more and more impressive. Hats off to Cherokee they never quit and their kids play to the last whistle. Excited for mountain heritage I like seeing starmount come in as the underdog
You will find out real fast Cherokee is not the green team lol

Reactions: The Deerhunter
You will find out real fast Cherokee is not the green team lol
Im thinking that name (green team) is going to stick , i know it came from our friends from Mitchell Countie. I kinda like it..
Far as this game Starmount is well coached , if they can slow out running game down it will be a game, if not it will be a long night for the Rams .
Green Team 35....
Starmount 19...

Friday will mark the third time that the schools have ever played.

The Rams won both playoff matchups back in 1985 (17-15) and 1986 (34-17). Those games were played in Boonville.

I remember Steven Ray being the QB for the Cougars back then. I think he went on to Wake Forest.

I think Heritage wins by 14. A team that can really use speed on the edges and pass the ball will hurt Heritage. I don't think Starmount is that team.
The Rams can pass the ball with over 1,500 yards and 21 touchdowns to go along with 3.000 rushing yards and 43.5 points per game.

Reactions: Goatman6
I just don't see this being a game at all. Starmount hasn't beat playoff caliber teams any this year and the one they did, they were handled with ease. Also being without the QB, I'm going to say MH wins something like 42-7 or 14 depending if Starmount scores late in the game.

Collins - Starting QB - 1,000
Allen - Backup QB - 500 (he has started 2 games at QB and played the majority of a third game)

Both offenses can score.....to me it will be who's defense steps up.

What's the definition of playoff caliber team?

Rams by 7 in a defensive game. Anyone that thinks MH is gonna beat the rams by 30 plus has lost their mind. This is a Matchup of two state championship caliber teams next year. If rams qb was healthy I would pick the rams by a few touchdowns. This is way better team than most on here realize. A coaching staff second to none. Just don’t see this game nothing short of a tight affair. They talk about the NW1A being weak, after what happened to Draughn I would argue that the NW1A is as strong as the western highlands conference. Friday should answer that question

The green team will be to physical for the rams. Heritage very strong defense, it will be extremely hard for the rams. Green team front 7 are very athletic. Heritage by 21

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
I just don't see this being a game at all. Starmount hasn't beat playoff caliber teams any this year and the one they did, they were handled with ease. Also being without the QB, I'm going to say MH wins something like 42-7 or 14 depending if Starmount scores late in the game.
Who has heritage beat that’s very good???? Mitchell? Because the Draughn win now holds no weight, they have proved they were the most overhyped team in 1A football.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I could be dead wrong with this post but I’m fairly sure if starmount and Heritage switched schedules the records would be nearly identical. Starmount and thankfully the MA fans realize starmount is a pretty dang good football team and everyone realizes the green team is pretty dang good themselves. I know I’m biased but I see this being a very good football game

I could be dead wrong with this post but I’m fairly sure if starmount and Heritage switched schedules the records would be nearly identical. Starmount and thankfully the MA fans realize starmount is a pretty dang good football team and everyone realizes the green team is pretty dang good themselves. I know I’m biased but I see this being a very good football game
Take mtn airy away you guys have played jv schedule. Heritage schedule Mitchell, robbinsville, Chase, Erwin and Hendersonville. As for draughn green team knock out 3 of their linemen. By the way Mitchell is good football team , probably good as starmount .

Reactions: The Deerhunter
Mitchell beat Allegheny by a touchdown starmount beat them by 40. I’m not too convinced, and I’m not arguing starmount has played a tough schedule by no means that would be foolish to say. I’m just saying I don’t think heritage resume is a whole lot better cause out of those four teams you named you lost to two of them. Yes close scores I know. I have the upmost respect for heritage so I don’t want it to sound like I don’t. I just feel starmount is not getting some of the credit they deserve due to a weak schedule. These kids are tough and play hard they’ve beat the teams they should like they should’ve

Take mtn airy away you guys have played jv schedule. Heritage schedule Mitchell, robbinsville, Chase, Erwin and Hendersonville. As for draughn green team knock out 3 of their linemen. By the way Mitchell is good football team , probably good as starmount .
This won't be nearly the best defense the Rams have played this year. I don't see MH putting 40+ on our defense either. No way Heritage compares to Mt Airy.

Mitchell and Starmount have 2 common opponents in their schedules.

Mitchell won 22-14 vs Alleghany.
Starmount won 42-0

Mitchell won 33-15 vs East Wilkes
Starmount won 35-6 vs East Wilkes(it was 28-0 1st quarter I believe)

I don't see how Mitchell is as good as Starmount?

Reactions: Orange01
This won't be nearly the best defense the Rams have played this year. I don't see MH putting 40+ on our defense either. No way Heritage compares to Mt Airy.

Mitchell and Starmount have 2 common opponents in their schedules.

Mitchell won 22-14 vs Alleghany.
Starmount won 42-0

Mitchell won 33-15 vs East Wilkes
Starmount won 35-6 vs East Wilkes(it was 28-0 1st quarter I believe)

I don't see how Mitchell is as good as Starmount?
Disagree learn long time ago you can't compare scores it's how certain teams match up

Disagree learn long time ago you can't compare scores it's how certain teams match up
So then what’s your reasoning of Mitchell being as good as starmount, I’m going out on a limb and assuming you haven’t seen starmount play this year. You are comparing scores just like you said we shouldn’t do

So then what’s your reasoning of Mitchell being as good as starmount, I’m going out on a limb and assuming you haven’t seen starmount play this year. You are comparing scores just like you said we shouldn’t do
I have watch couple starmount games , they are little more athletic then mit but not as physical. Would be very close game if they played

I have watch couple starmount games , they are little more athletic then mit but not as physical. Would be very close game if they played
We will just have to agree to disagree. Like I said I meant none of this in disrespect, I just think it has a good opportunity to be a very close game. Look forward to making the drive Friday!

Reactions: NCBBFB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT