ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount @ Mountain Heritage

When I was around 25-26 years old I was a food broker mainly dealing with Ingles and the SMC area was my territory. Up to then hadn't really been in that area and one of my stores was in GA because it was so close.
I use to be in Real Estate and when people inquiring about where is Cherokee County and where is it close to. I would tell them we are 2 hours from Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Asheville. In other words in the middle of nowhere.

Did you ever do business with IGA grocery stores ?

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I use to be in Real Estate and when people inquiring about where is Cherokee County and where is it close to. I would tell them we are 2 hours from Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Asheville. In other words in the middle of nowhere.

Did you ever do business with IGA grocery stores ?
No. This was in like 1991 newly married and trying to not stay in the family business but just stayed one year ended up mom & dad paid a lot better and I was really good at it. But I was a the frozen set crew of sales people for different companies would go twice a week or more if a new store opening for Ingles ( free labor for Ingles) then you manage your stores taking care of the companies clients products. I went about every week to Atlanta area for the sets. Had some Food Lions and one Harris Teeter store in my territory. Now I believe you ether work on the sets or sales not both.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT