ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount Head Football Coach (Updated 5-15; Greg Lloyd hired)

Hey NOB. Or rather KNOB It wouldn't be the same thing. Plus you don't know what you're talking about. Getting a divorce and breaking up a family is a little bit different than what you're talking about. It's a whole lot different than what happened there. However I think it would be a bad move for him. I don't see them having the talent to be better than we are.

These post making accusations towards any Coach have no place here and need to stop. Someone’s personal life is not yours, mine, or anyones else's business. The level at which some of y’all will stoop amazes me. You hide behind a screen name, cast stones, make accusations, and attack someone’s character, for what? Truly sickening to see how some of you pop your gums when you wouldn’t ever think of uttering what you say on here to someone’s face. Voicing opinions and thoughts is one thing but attacking peoples character, talking about their family, and spreading nasty rumors are not the same. There are always 2-3 idiots who take a good thread where it should never go.
Have everyone, we have a new Moderator that has only been on NCPrep for a year with 36 posts.

I do agree with NOB To a Degree - I feel like some folks take it to far and Make it too personal. Some y’all take it way too seriously on message boards - Arguing and back n forth - Ik for 1 I wouldn’t want my mistake n faults posted on forum board for everyone to hold it against me - Everyone makes mistakes n No one is Perfect

I think We should Focus on Task of Who is the next HC of Starmount n Leave B.S behind and stop looking into past and Look forward to the Future - This a Major Step Forward for the Rams in whoever they pick because IMO Starmount is a top 25 team in their classification regardless of what MA/ES does because Starmount has a TON up side currently which good. Starmount is supported well and Everything seem what u would want as a HC

Tomorrow will make a week that applications were closed. And this site has been Midnight Silent!
No news or even solid rumors at all?
Come on folks, we need people in the know to share a little.
By the way, no one has raised the East Wilkes Coach as a potential candidate. Why?

Tomorrow will make a week that applications were closed. And this site has been Midnight Silent!
No news or even solid rumors at all?
Come on folks, we need people in the know to share a little.
By the way, no one has raised the East Wilkes Coach as a potential candidate. Why?
My bet is the decision was made before last Tuesday and it is dragging out to look like more than one was considered. Of course, it was probably an easy decision. Just my opinion and mine alone.

Reactions: KW23
Two Starmount alums have applied. Both have been head coaches with great track records. Both should be interviewed. If not, then the committee is not doing their due diligence.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Too bad you are wrong as nobody has been interviewed yet. I think I’d know.
I don't think anyone cares who you pick for a coach. Lowman took a team that Domont had made for him to do what he did, so can he take a team from scratch and make a state championship team out of it is the question. I say not because if he is leaving East Surry then can he be trusted and what was his record before taking a team put together by Coach Diamond ? As I said, who is worried ? Starmount will be Starmount no matter who coaches and that is meant as a good thing not being a smart azz. Best of luck to Starmount as they go through these changes and I hope the players stay in place waiting on a new coach and an uncertain future.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone cares who you pick for a coach. Lowman took a team that Domont had made for him to do what he did, so can he take a team from scratch and make a state championship team out of it is the question. I say not because if he is leaving East Surry then can he be trusted and what was his record before taking a team put together by Coach Diamond ? As I said, who is worried ? Starmount will be Starmount no matter who coaches and that is meant as a good thing not being a smart azz. Best of luck to Starmount as they go through these changes and I hope the players stay in place waiting on a new coach and uncertain a future.
East Surry never makes it out of the 3rd/4th round without Loweman. “Put together by Diamont” stop the foolishness.

East Surry never makes it out of the 3rd/4th round without Loweman. “Put together by Diamont” stop the foolishness.
Man come on. The whole reason he got canned. After getting all those kids there was because the QB older was not going to play QB. Gosnell was better as one. Oh Jeff would of been a tight end. But daddy Jay got involved Ed and that's that. For what lowman did Jefferson was the better QB. Problem is that's not what we built on. We need to be a power. Randy would and will always do that. It was crappy but lowman did a damned good job. I'm hearing a lot of people applied. Frankly no one I. That current staff should get a shot. If the ppl I hear did apply it's some big interest. Must be a good job supplement wise. Ones a coach of a program with a ton of talent who just left. Ones lowman. Two or three former players. A couple of really good coaches. I'd say hire the guy who's gonna play great d and be physical.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Man come on. The whole reason he got canned. After getting all those kids there was because the QB older was not going to play QB. Gosnell was better as one. Oh Jeff would have been a tight end. But daddy Jay got involved Ed and that's that. For what lowman did Jefferson was the better QB. Problem is that's not what we built on. We need to be a power. Randy would and will always do that. It was crappy but lowman did a damned good job. I'm hearing a lot of people applied. Frankly no one I. That current staff should get a shot. If the ppl I hear did apply it's some big interest. Must be a good job supplement wise. Ones a coach of a program with a ton of talent who just left. Ones lowman. Two or three former players. A couple of really good coaches. I'd say hire the guy who's gonna play great d and be physical.
Getting all those kids there? Are you insinuating that he recruited that roster? Last I checked Washington/Stevens didn’t transfer until after Loweman was hired. Boaz had one of the greatest seasons a NC QB ever has, large in part to Gosnell being at WR!! Diamont had kids horribly out of position. “Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football”. LOL

Getting all those kids there? Are you insinuating that he recruited that roster? Last I checked Washington/Stevens didn’t transfer until after Loweman was hired. Boaz had one of the greatest seasons a NC QB ever has, large in part to Gosnell being at WR!! Diamont had kids horribly out of position. “Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football”. LOL
No I just think it was what it was. Trent was the right person for that. I didn't say he recruited. I think a little or I know a little bit more about it than you do. Washington came over because he had a drug problem. Mount airy's loss was our gain. Maybe you and your brother could have gotten a few more kids in there. But you did stab Dave in the back didn't you. Luckily your kids are good people :). I may not know as much football as you think but I'm pretty sure I know more than you. And for longevity that offense is not going to work. So he's going to leave. He had good players at bandy's and did a horrible job. Because he tried to play this crap. He leaves they automatically have a 10 win season. I think he's done a great job here I hope he stays. But I hope he understands all this weight training is for running at people. The Gosnells had a justified move but also kept their home in Virginia. As evidenced by him leaving to play his senior year up there. Jeff did have a great year.

Reactions: Orange01
Some coaches will leave and move on if a coach don't see any talent at the Middle Schools. I don't know how good the Middle School programs are for East Surry. That might be the case if Lowman leaves, but i will have to see it before i believe it.

Some coaches will leave and move on if a coach don't see any talent at the Middle Schools. I don't know how good the Middle School programs are for East Surry. That might be the case if Lowman leaves, but i will have to see it before i believe it.
I think the middle school team for East Surry went undefeated last year and their little league teams have been pretty good the last few years.

Im pretty sure east surry and stm middle both went undefeated

Im pretty sure east surry and stm middle both went undefeated
On the JVs, East Surry lost to Mount Airy 35-0 & lost to North Surry 28-14 & Starmount JVs Lost to Mount Airy 25-0 & lost to East Wilkes 20-14. That was the only 2 loses both teams had, both going 7-2, Mount Airy JVs went undefeated going 8-0

Normally I would agree with the ideas that looking at the record of the jv team does not necessarily say much about the varsity in a year or two. Except when you are already playing a LOT of freshman and sophomores, and the jv the rolls over everybody they play and when one or two of those jv players are forced up due to injuries and they do as well or better than the player they replaced..... then one can reasonably expect several more years of stellar performance.

Last edited:
We have a big event on May 6th for the SHS football community going on this weekend. There’s a lot of excitement with some special projects going on. Expect some Big neWs to be announced on Saturday evening.

Normally I would agree with the ideas that looking at the record of the jv team does not necessarily say much about the varsity in a year or two. Except when you are already playing a LOT of freshman and sophomores, and the jv the rolls over everybody they play and when one or two of those jv players are forced up due to injuries and they do as well or better than the player they replaced..... then one can reasonably expect several more years of stellar performance.
Yes Sir I hear you man and they will next few years

Hopefully, soon the new HC will be announced.
Well, is today the day that this long-awaited announcement for Starmounts Coach coming from that event at Starmount ? I don't remember as big a deal being made for Mount Airy or East Surry's coaches but that was about 5 or 6 years ago and Deana was not involved in those picks. Trent Lowman has the wins at East Surry and State Championship appearances but with a team built by Diamont. Jonathan Wilmoth of East Wilkes may draw some players from East Wilkes easier than Lowman from East Surry since EW is closer to Starmount. Sometimes only 2 players can make a big difference with the right coaching. Also if Wilmoth does a good job he could come closer to getting a player or 2 from other schools close by as in Elkin and Forbush. That is my uneducated thoughts on Starmount unlike Deana who could be in on choosing their Coach, can I hear others' thoughts on what may happen at Starmount ?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT