ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount at East Wilkes

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
The road warrior Rams play their fifth road game in 7 weeks (one week was a bye) as they go to Ronda to take on East Wilke.

The bye week helped the Rams get a little bit healthier for the few weeks before the playoffs.

Thoughts?

The road warrior Rams play their fifth road game in 7 weeks (one week was a bye) as they go to Ronda to take on East Wilke.

The bye week helped the Rams get a little bit healthier for the few weeks before the playoffs.

Thoughts?
I don't know what to think about this game. Until the Mt AIRY-EW game I thought the Rams would win pretty big but after seeing the athletes that EW had I thought it would be a pretty good game. Now after the shocking EW and Elkin game I just don't know what to think.

Reactions: RexReally
EW is faster and quicker but Starmount is no slack and has their way with EW unless you know where freezes over.

Me too. Rams 50 Cards 7
Rams will score fast and put it away. EW will have to play assignment based football and will get punished on the line worse than the Elks pushed them around.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Same kids from last week are not suited up again tonight, plus a couple more. Injuries piling up for this young team, who is already short on numbers to begin with.

Same kids from last week are not suited up again tonight, plus a couple more. Injuries piling up for this young team, who is already short on numbers to begin with.
I thought something had to be going on for Elkin to beat them.

Reactions: KW23
Crazy game tonight. Should've been running clock at the half. Rams doing some of the same things they did against Alleghany and some earlier games. Gettin a big lead and then start trash talking and playing around. So many unsportsmanlike penalties, I lost count. Then 4 Starmount players ejected for fighting.

Crazy game tonight. Should've been running clock at the half. Rams doing some of the same things they did against Alleghany and some earlier games. Gettin a big lead and then start trash talking and playing around. So many unsportsmanlike penalties, I lost count. Then 4 Starmount players ejected for fighting.
The radio said 14 unsportsman like or personal foul penalties against the Rams. And during the fight a bunch of players left the bench. If I'm not mistaken doesn't that DQ them from being in the playoff games?. That's a trash talking bunch from boonville. I can't believe it. Can the coach is not control it. They were clearly the better team than East. Although East missed a bunch of long passes that the ram secondary did not cover. Then they fumbled twice and threw three interceptions. Made it easy for the Rams. These boys aren't ready for the big leagues yet. They're worse than the Mount Airy team from 3 years ago. As far as trash talking. And they really have no reason to. They got their asses whipped up front against Mount Airy big time. Between that and the coach on the sideline that runs his mouth I'd say they got some problems. Wait till one of those Smoky mountain team starts punching them in the mouth.

Not 14 but 9. Still way way too many but there were a couple of flags that were questionable.

No that rule wax done away with after the Anson fiasco that got the NC government involved in the NCHSAA business.

Kids will most likely sit out against South Stokes and learn a lesson.

Not 14 but 9. Still way way too many but there were a couple of flags that were questionable.

No that rule wax done away with after the Anson fiasco that got the NC government involved in the NCHSAA business.

Kids will most likely sit out against South Stokes and learn a lesson.
I mean no disrespect but doesn’t sitting out a meaningless game against a very very bad south stokes team kinda defeat the purpose of learning a life lesson? Maybe I’m just too old school for the world these days. If a kids got problems enough to be a repeat offender we should probably sit him indefinitely or atleast until he can change his ways. I don’t think sitting vs the worst team in conference helps any. Good luck to the Rams going forward I hope they get the problems fixed and have plenty of success.

Reactions: KW23
That's good that would be unfortunate they are way too good to have that happened
Some on the team said that one of the EW players swung at our QB and that's when the players went after him and got ejected. Still I hope this is a lesson to keep emotions in check.

I mean no disrespect but doesn’t sitting out a meaningless game against a very very bad south stokes team kinda defeat the purpose of learning a life lesson? Maybe I’m just too old school for the world these days. If a kids got problems enough to be a repeat offender we should probably sit him indefinitely or atleast until he can change his ways. I don’t think sitting vs the worst team in conference helps any. Good luck to the Rams going forward I hope they get the problems fixed and have plenty of success.
The coaches should be doing the discipline during practices one would hope.

Fighting: 1st offense- suspended for the next game; 2nd offense- suspended for the next two games & placed on probation; 3rd offense- person shall be suspended for one calendar year. Penalties are cumulative from sport to sport and from sport season to sport season.

Fighting: 1st offense- suspended for the next game; 2nd offense- suspended for the next two games & placed on probation; 3rd offense- person shall be suspended for one calendar year. Penalties are cumulative from sport to sport and from sport season to sport season.
Good information. Unfortunately I heard that most of the time it is precipitated by the coach on the sideline whose son plays for the team as a varsity receiver. I have heard that he runs his mouth to kids. It's okay to be saying great things about your kids and to give them encouragement. But when you start talking nasty and dirty and offensive to a kid from another team as a coach. You ought to be kicked in your damn nuts. Been over need to the face and have your ass beat. I will mention them by name because I don't think I know who he is as far as his name. But I'm pretty sure his son who's also a mouth plays receiver although you can't blame him when he sees his dad do it. But it did cost him next game. Is he was one of the ones ejected. Sounds like that's the dude they need to get rid of. Although I am sure that Coach Lloyd is going to be getting rid of some anyway after this year. When folks I know from that way say bad things about him and they're pretty protective. It's probably time for that coach who's running his mouth like that to go.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Some on the team said that one of the EW players swung at our QB and that's when the players went after him and got ejected. Still I hope this is a lesson to keep emotions in check.
I don't believe that at all not with the 10 or 14 unsports been like in personal fouls that the Rams received. 54 should have been ejected before then. From the sounds and looks of it on film. I will say this for the Rams better hope the officiating and stay don't get a hold of that film. Over half your team left the bench during that fight. Lack of control. Shame too so many great fans out there putting their heart and soul into supporting and loving this team. Obviously not the kids fault cuz their kids. But they should be held accountable at least the coaches should be

It's definitely a problem at Stm this year. Not trying to make them look bad but it is a problem. Very mouthy! They have had several unsportsmanlike penalties this season

I don’t like coaches hiding behind a computer calling out other coaches on here too!!

Reactions: Swain97
We did have the same problem, very embarrassing to say the least. The rams are to good of a football team this year the same way the bears were. Cost the bears a chance at the ship. Not a coach , just another keyboard cowboy who is undefeated from the top bleacher on Friday nights. We hoping the rams do big things come playoff time.

We did have the same problem, very embarrassing to say the least. The rams are to good of a football team this year the same way the bears were. Cost the bears a chance at the ship. Not a coach , just another keyboard cowboy who is undefeated from the top bleacher on Friday nights. We hoping the rams do big things come playoff time.
Coach GDawg!

As for the game, Starmount came out and done exactly what I figured. Man handle EW up front. Right down the field and then I guess the kickoff return team was asleep during the kickoff and let Starmount have it again. Which turned into more points. EW dug themselves a hole very quick. Had several drives but stupid bone head penalites put them behind the chains and couldn't convert. Starmount is a good football team. I don't see the "very" good football team just yet. EW was moving the ball pretty easily on Starmount outside and the incomplete passes that was overthrown the receivers was wide open. As for the drama. I'm sure both teams had their hands in it. I did see the kid get ran into, bumped, something causing him to shove the other player and it just escalated from there. There was so many unsportsmanlike penalites on Starmount well before this took place. I seen one player literally mouthing to the ref which drew flags and then they just kept on. Even after the "fight ", they was still mouthing to the refs.

My takeaway: Starmount definitely has the talent to make a deep playoff run. If they can contain the edge and do just a little better on pass defense I see them going 3rd or 4th round. But the penalites and all the non sense has to stop. They are too good of a team to let stuff like this end their season early in the playoffs.

Best of luck to the Rams the rest of the way.

Hopefully my Cards can manage to hold it together and atleast finish .500.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT