ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount at East Surry Round 1

ES_Cards

Oct 2, 2015
Welcome back to Pilot Mountain to our friends from over in Booneville.
Nothing but respect for all the people over in Ram Country. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Two good programs that have had great games in the past. Lots of respect for Coach Diamont here.

Reactions: ES_Cards
Definitely lots of respect. Both programs are steeped in tradition and great football. Both teams are also pretty hot right now. Starmount demolished Ashe( way to tame that passing attack, rams). East Surry gave Mt.Airy all they wanted. Gonna give the Cards the edge in this one, due to homefield advantage. E.S 36 Rams 24. Good luck to both squads. Whoever wins EW will have their work cut out for them in trying to beat either of you guys twice in one season.

Deana, let me know where you'll be on Friday, I'd love to say hello.

WIFM hands down the best radio coverage of high school sports in the area!! Glad they'll be covering the game Friday. Joel Hooper is the man
Joel is the absolute best. The area is blessed to have him.

What has been the key to the Rams turn around?

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
If Starmount don't turn the ball over and commit bad penalties, they can play competitively. They don't have the speed and athletes of past Ram teams so they have to depend on fundmentally sound football. It was a pretty good game the last time these 2 played. Seems like both teams are playing well at the right time.

Not sure I can make it over there. My Fridays are pretty busy with keeping up with the scores, etc.

When I saw Starmount in the first week of the season against MA, they played their butts off. Mount Airy won 28-7, but that was just on manpower. Coach Holder was upset at his own team and had more positive things to say about the Rams than he did the Bears; he acknowledged they played tougher, and I would add, like Deana said, that they were fundamentally sound.

Generally speaking, if a team plays hard and plays smart for 48 minutes, good things will start to happen for them. MA just had athletes on offense that Starmount couldn't match up to. But you don't see the likes of Donavon Greene in 1A football every week. He had one touchdown where he was defended perfectly, but he's 6'3" and can dunk a basketball, and he just out-jumped the other guy.

Not pretty but it's a win. Never give up has been our motto this year. On to Rhonda to play the other Cardinals next Friday. Hats off to Starmount, they played lights out all night.

good playoff game tonight...East won with passing game...Rams stuffed Cards running game....was expectingCards to kick FG but went for broke by throwing...should be good one next week...hard to beat a team twice

That wasn't the same bunch from Starmount that came to Pilot Mtn the first of the season. However we aren't the same team either.

Hopefully The Ronda Redbirds will have some key personnel coming back off of injury reserve, that will factor in quite nicely again into their potent offensive scheme.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT