ADVERTISEMENT

Sport Sawyer out at Manteo

Why the complaints about lifting? Facilities are nice and the head coach ran the weight room. Did the Admin not put athletes in the weight classes?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I think anyone can sign up for the class in the school. A lot of the athletes are in the weight training classes.

Lol hence terrible football team. This stuff you can't make up LOL

Off topic but my boss’s daughter was a star volleyball player at Manteo this year. Tomorrow at 1pm she will be signing with the Citadel at Manteo High School. She got a full athletic scholarship and is the first volleyball player at Manteo to ever get a D1 athletic scholarship. Congrats to Jamie Holton

Pics show pretty nice weight room
Yes, that looks adequate to me for the size school that Manteo is. Must be the kids not showing up regularly to lift weights and prepare.

There’s always two sides to a story. Today I learned a lot. For all those reading this thread just try and use some common sense. If what was relayed to me is earlier true then It would be very hard for any coach to come in there and be successful. It’s got to be hard to win anyways at the beach but try winning while not having full access to the things that most schools take for advantage. On top of that try transitioning and competing weekly against teams like NE,HC,and Holmes in a larger classification. I know some of you will laugh but the fact is that NE has been one of the top programs in the state for a some time now. Im thinking Coach Sawyer might not of been giving a fair shake, just my two cents.

There’s always two sides to a story. Today I learned a lot. For all those reading this thread just try and use some common sense. If what was relayed to me is earlier true then It would be very hard for any coach to come in there and be successful. It’s got to be hard to win anyways at the beach but try winning while not having full access to the things that most schools take for advantage. On top of that try transitioning and competing weekly against teams like NE,HC,and Holmes in a larger classification. I know some of you will laugh but the fact is that NE has been one of the top programs in the state for a some time now. Im thinking Coach Sawyer might not of been giving a fair shake, just my two cents.

NE is top program for giving away titles lol....

Don't matter how good it is if the county shuts it down. That happened to us last season in the spring. Craven County would not allow the kids in the weight room because of covid. It don't take long to be able to see the lingering effects that has on a program. I'd love to know how the other schools in our county worked around that.

Adm wouldn't let team work out in weight room during covid while virtual classes going on. In fact its very modern and just last year was updated again.The room is no problem adm was the problem not allowing work outs.

• Haha
Yes Manteo has a weight room. Its small but it is nice and has all the essentials you need. Head coach was also the weight room teacher.
Doesn't matter if he was the Instructor. During the Covid virtual session, no students were allowed to use it.

Reactions: daagoob
I went to the stadium yesterday and it was actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. As we were parking I saw a kid out there shooting hoops by his self and he was throwing down dunks like Dominique Wilkins. This was coming from a kid that was like 5’9. It was worth the trip just to see that. I figured he must be going to play for First Flight

I haven’t heard anything. I was wondering myself. Really good opportunity for the right person. There’s nowhere to go but up. Maybe Sawyer will stay, I have an idea he’s a really good coach.

Sawyer is out goobs, thought you was in the *know* Guess not lol. You should apply and start changing the ways. Bring in the wing T and stout Defensive Coordinator Ottis Jr lollllllll

30 applications

Really? At Manteo???? Are these like 1st year coaches? Rec coaches? Ex cheerleader coach? Assistant water manager? Who is the hell would apply for this job??????

Heard they are going after goobs as HC and bringing Moore to run special teams lollllll

Really? At Manteo???? Are these like 1st year coaches? Rec coaches? Ex cheerleader coach? Assistant water manager? Who is the hell would apply for this job??????

Heard they are going after goobs as HC and bringing Moore to run special teams lollllll
Throw out the two covid years... They are 26-13 in the previous 3. They also have a solid county supplement, and living on the outer banks would be appealing. Could be a solid first head coaching job for someone.

Reactions: daagoob
Living at the beach is a plus. What type of supplement to they have. I thought most NC schools did not pay the coaches much.

• Haha
Throw out the two covid years... They are 26-13 in the previous 3. They also have a solid county supplement, and living on the outer banks would be appealing. Could be a solid first head coaching job for someone.
What type of housing could a teacher/Coach get on their salary at the Outer Banks?

• Haha
Housing at the beach is very pricey, even for a small house or apartment. One might have to commute from Hyde or Tyrell Counties where housing would be a lot cheaper.
Goobs got an extra big big house property he could rent out to the new coach.... I've heard goobs is running for mayor of EC........

• Love
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Creek I’m planning another trip or two out west next season to watch some football. Hopefully Manteo can turn the corner and provide the new coach the resources he needs to succeed. Maybe get some of the Basnight money.
Hoping you pass thru Maiden again….keep me posted….we’ll share a meal somewhere and talk about those 3 seeds!😉

Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
Funny parents were defending Manteo. New football coach isn't winning either. Sport was a great coach, and losing him was terrible for the program. Nothing against the new coach, but it is a hard place to win with current administration. 20 teachers have been hired since COVID-19, and none of them are coaches. I was even told by someone in the school that teachers who coach are purposely not hired because Luciano doesn't want teachers that do anything other than teach. Terrible situation, and even more fodder for the dumpster fire which is Dare County Schools.

• Sad
Reactions: btango
Funny parents were defending Manteo. New football coach isn't winning either. Sport was a great coach, and losing him was terrible for the program. Nothing against the new coach, but it is a hard place to win with current administration. 20 teachers have been hired since COVID-19, and none of them are coaches. I was even told by someone in the school that teachers who coach are purposely not hired because Luciano doesn't want teachers that do anything other than teach. Terrible situation, and even more fodder for the dumpster fire which is Dare County Schools.
Both OBX schools are struggling in football.

Reactions: UNC1980Swo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT