ADVERTISEMENT

SP and Pisgah

Game is turning into a defensive battle. SP forced to punt on 4th down. Pisgah on their own 12, pick 6 by SP's Nate Silver.
SP 21 - Pisgah 0 3:48 left in 1st half.

SP with the ball to start the half. Max Mead returns ball to the SP 49 on the kickoff. Next play Alexander scores on a 44-yd TD run.

SP 28 - Pisgah 0 10:14 3Q

Pisgah forced to punt, out of bounds at the P46. On first play, Alexander takes it 46 yds for another TD.

SP 35 - Pisgah 0 9:31 3Q

After muffing the KO, Pisgah recovered the ball at their own 10 and managed to advance the ball to the P 43. A pass interference call against SP on 3rd and 8 moved the Bears to the SP 42. However, two plays later a QB sack made it 3rd and 18. Pass picked off by Nick Muse and returned 60 yds for another Raider TD.

SP 42 - Pisgah 0 4:00 3Q - running clock from here out

Smh... I thought I told that guy South Point is a different animal... I'm a fan of wishbone- but aid never thought I'd say this after 2004 but go Red Raiders- take it all the way!

Smh... I thought I told that guy South Point is a different animal... I'm a fan of wishbone- but aid never thought I'd say this after 2004 but go Red Raiders- take it all the way!

We will have our work cut out for us next week. Looks like we will be travelling to Lenoir instead of hosting next week.

Just returned from the game. That Raider defense continues to dominate. Totally shut down the running game and had 3 picks including Silver and Muse pick 6. Offense remains inconsistent. No completions tonight in maybe 3 throws. Alexander ran well and the line opened some nice holes. SP kept the offense very vanilla tonight. FB and QB ran almost exclusively. A couple of pitches and one mis-direction. SP ran through the 3 mountain teams 146-6. Hibriten will be a totally different animal next week.

Last edited:
Help me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda.

Let me help. What was it, bemused, bewildered, befuddled?

6>0

Another overrated mountain team bites the dust. Pisger looked like they may be better than Tuscoler but after less than 1 quarter you could see they were folding like a cheap suit. A continuous running clock before the end of the 3rd quarter. And another thing, those mountain boys over rate their fan attendance more than the baby blues in Chapel Hill. They maybe had 400 fans there tonight. 14,000 fans at a game, my big ole butt. There wasn't 1,000 fans total for both playoff games against Tuscoler and Pisger. Now I would not want to mud wrestle them mountain boys but football is apparently not their game. Have a safe drive home, time for hibernation.

Sting splash we did travel better than Tuscola... it's not your fault. You're not used to cold weather up in Florida

Polar Bear u need a compass. And born and raised in Waynesville thank u very much. Have a safe ride back to reality. Looking forward to Rhonda's title on Monday "Raiders squeak by Bears"

Pisgah promised to deliver but failed miserably. The majority of Pisgah fan knew what was going to happen. The visitors section look like the Hillary supporter on election night. I guess you can say Pisgah got Trumped.

Reactions: pisgah101
You all went into hiding. Now go back and you can come back out when you're ready to lose to the Bears for the fifth time in a row.

Ho Suzannah, don't you cry for me. I' m gone to Alabammy with a banjo on my knee.

Sting Splash you're corny and aren't even worth the banter. So this will be IT for you. Arguing with you is about like trying to stomp out a burning pile of crap. Sure, you might get the fire out but you're gonna get crap on your shoe.

That Muse kid is a monster. Is he getting any looks? I know his brother is at Clemson. I looked him up before because I was curious but couldn't find much.

Nick does not have Tanners speed, but he is a warrior on the FB field and a great kid. Great set of hands whether on O or D. He will play somewhere but just depends at what level.

Okay, I'm gonna say it! Nick Muse is a better Football player than his brother as a Senior in high school. Tanner is unbelievably gifted physically, but Nick is a straight up baller. I'm so glad these kids parents live in Belmont, NC!

When the epitaph is written on this SP team it will rightfully regale this defense. Regardless of the sport, defense up the middle is critical to dominance. South Point is NCAA D-1 at DT, MLB, and FS. Hate to be a broken record...but been saying it all year. When you can stuff any inside game with a stud DT, run sideline to sideline with a stud MLB, and make the deep ball a no-fly zone with a stud FS you are a dominate defense. The next 15 days will prove if my season long observation is correct. Tip to opponents...bet on RED!

Seadog, I agree. Tanner clearly has better speed and measurables, but as a HS senior Nick's nose for the ball and tenacity makes him a better HS player.

Another overrated mountain team bites the dust. Pisger looked like they may be better than Tuscoler but after less than 1 quarter you could see they were folding like a cheap suit. A continuous running clock before the end of the 3rd quarter. And another thing, those mountain boys over rate their fan attendance more than the baby blues in Chapel Hill. They maybe had 400 fans there tonight. 14,000 fans at a game, my big ole butt. There wasn't 1,000 fans total for both playoff games against Tuscoler and Pisger. Now I would not want to mud wrestle them mountain boys but football is apparently not their game. Have a safe drive home, time for hibernation.
Great job by you Raider fans filling you home stands for a 3rd round playoff game. Your stands were only 2/3 full for you own home game. And yes, I'm sure you do have a big old butt.

Great game by the Raiders. Good luck against HHS. You may need big dose of it.

Ho Suzannah, don't you cry for me. I' m gone to Alabammy with a banjo on my knee.
Too bad you couldn't have gotten those extra special 6 pts you are bragging about from last week, in the last two games against us. Make that the last 4 times...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT